Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ads

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Ads
on: February 02, 2017, 03:06:53 PM
I'm curious if MTo is using some randomized, or customized to the viewer, ad service, or if there's a vetting process for the services and products we're shown.

The reason I ask is just that there are some ads for questionable companies on occasion, one in particular has a rather over the top and misleading pitch for its likely subpar product. If a mod wants to PM me I'll point out the company in question and my issues with it, but I think it would be disrespectful to publicly trash an advertiser out of nowhere.
Of course, if it's all automatic and based on user cookies or similar, I guess there's no point worrying about it  :shrug:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Ads
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 12:48:56 AM
It is Google Adsense and is based on your browsing habits.  Google feeds targeted ads to everyone's browser and we don't really have anything to do with it.

If however there is anything offensive that you don't want to see, send me a PM with that site's info/domain and I can add it to a blocked list so they won't be fed through our site anymore.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%