Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pro Scout Blunt Nose, dates?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Pro Scout Blunt Nose, dates?
on: February 03, 2017, 03:47:20 PM
I always wanted a Pro Scout, but it had to have the drop point blade--the newer Wharncliffe style doesn't do much for me. I wanted one in blunt nose, but figured it was never made, so I figured I'd have to mod it.   Then, I found a used one, with the blunt nosed head for $30.

From my research, the Blunt versions of the Pro Scout seem to be fairly early in Pro Scout production? 

How many (and what) years did they make the blunt-nosed Pro Scout?  And is that $30 a good price?

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Re: Pro Scout Blunt Nose, dates?
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:05:33 PM
My understanding is the ones without the Wharncliffe blade are actually pre MP Pro Scout moniker.

I have one, though not blunt nosed.   I think it is officially called a Multi Lock Scout.

I am sure someone will be along to explain better, and set it straight.

Oh, congrats on finding what you wanted!!!!

:tu:

Update...

Well, looks like I was wrong. Mine has the regular combo blade plus the RemGrit saw.  So now I'm not sure...

http://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Multi-Plier+600

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:18:01 PM by zrxoa1 »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 03:25:48 AM
Navigating the waters of the MP600 variants is about as difficult as trying to decide which Porsche 911 version is best.   :ahhh

One could have a huge collection of nothing but MP600 variants, and still not have them all figured out!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 06:16:34 AM
LOL!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 12:06:35 AM
As far as I know, Gerber doesn't have numbers or dates for their MP600 variants (I've asked). I'm not even sure Gerber has a list of all their variants, there are so many that almost seem to be one offs (maybe remnants of the Customized MP600 program?).

The blunt nosed variants are certainly earlier in the Pro Scout production, but dates will be impossible to find I suspect. And I agree, technically drop point so called "Pro Scouts" aren't called that (bu no one knows what that variant is called!), so I say just call them pro scouts and be done with it.

Also, $30 for an MP600 in decent is a great deal, especially for one of the rarer flavors!
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%