Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Are you, mainly, a knife, multitool, tool, gadget, edc, survival...... person?

dks · 66 · 2406

Poll

I am mainly interested in: (three votes per member)

knives
multitools (not SAKs or similar)
multitools (including SAKs)
just SAKs or similar
all/various gadgets
EDC gear in general
guns
watches
survival
bushcraft
tools
surfing the net
crafts
off roading
powertools
other -state
cars
Bike tools
torch/flashlight

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
We all have slightly different reasons for posting in MTO

My main interest/hobby/entertainment?, for many years, is knives, but I also like tools, including multitools and have recently rekindled my interest in watches.
However, I also enjoy hunting, swimming, off-roading, traveling etc...

3 choices per member, and you can change your choices later, if you want to
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
dks, you are Poll-Tastic! I'm enjoying this new, enquiring you.   :cheers:

I went for knives, MT's (including SAK's) and Bushcraft. I don't get to do as much BC as I'd like but I get out to nature several times a week whenever poss and am lucky to have walkable access to some stunning countryside.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
It makes a change, to have a tool related poll :)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
It makes a change, to have a tool related poll :)
Is this data mining for your dating site, or are you just curious?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Yes, I will perform some ANOVA, correlation, tsquare and so on analyses later and match everybody to their ideal partner. It is very likely, seeing the population examined here, that some matches will be of the same gender.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Yes, I will perform some ANOVA, correlation, tsquare and so on analyses later and match everybody to their ideal partner. It is very likely, seeing the population examined here, that some matches will be of the same gender.
As long as mine likes spooning and heavy metal, I'm golden.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
It would be interesting to examine some correlations, in MTO members, but that will require being able to identify which votes came from the same member (not his/her identity)

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
It would be interesting to examine some correlations, in MTO members, but that will require being able to identify which votes came from the same member (not his/her identity)
Do you have a method you can use to determine this?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
The correlations can be easily found using SPSS, if the data is suitably formated

The identification of each members answers is a problem, unless they are saved, internally, by the forum software.

Usually you would use something like google forms which exports the data in a suitable format, and saves each individual questionnaire answered , without the information on who answered it.

Making a questionnaire is easy, though ensuring its validity, from a researchers point of view, will be difficult.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
The correlations can be easily found using SPSS, if the data is suitably formated

The identification of each members answers is a problem, unless they are saved, internally, by the forum software.

Usually you would use something like google forms which exports the data in a suitable format, and saves each individual questionnaire answered , without the information on who answered it.

Making a questionnaire is easy, though ensuring its validity, from a researchers point of view, will be difficult.
As long as there's spooning and heavy metal. I'm golden.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
you like being the larger spoon, or, the smaller spoon? :)

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
you like being the larger spoon, or, the smaller spoon? :)
I like it best when my wife spoons me. Makes a nice change. Pop some Sabbath on and I'm golden.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
So I chose
- knife (that's what I mostly use)
- SAK/MT (comes in handy every once in a while

For third I was torn between "EDC gear in general" / "tools" / "powertools" / "surfing the net" and "other" ultimately I chose "other"... and I'm glad there was no "bike-tools"
Other for me it is pants & packs, I spend a great deal thinking how to carry all my stuff. As a cyclist I have to carry everything with me, so the carry method is central to my choice of gear for the day and greatly influenced by where I plan on going and the weather.

I like kits and kit-building
I like prepping, although I'm not in a disaster zone, so stockpiling stuff makes a lot less sense here.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:24:03 AM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl: 
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, it would have been spluttered all over the screen, keyboard and everything else within a 2 meter radius  :D

I voted for Multitools, Tools and Other - Dog agility.

If there had been an option for it I would have voted for Cars instead of Tools.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
I added bike tools and cars tot he poll

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
I was missing a "flashlight" option honestly...

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
added

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
So, this is just for persons?...

Oh, man. I really wanted to participate...
 :-[ :-[

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
As long as mine likes spooning and heavy metal, I'm golden.

Heavy gold metal spoons? My, aren't we fancy...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Ignoring the spoon aspect of this thread, I would say for me it is "all of the above."  I am, by nature a bit of a loner, although not very good at it as I often enjoy one or two people along as well.  I am very motivated to be self sufficient, and I enjoy doing pretty well all of the things mentioned above, and I find a good multitool and/or SAK is pretty well an absolute requirement for this kind of lifestyle.  Yes, I have a fair amount of standard tools, but I also enjoy the convenience of having tools with me when playing in the woods or off on another silly adventure.

Multitool collecting is a hobby for me to be sure- I can't deny that, since the evidence is quite literally all around this post, but overall it started for me because tools were something I liked having along with me.  I like being able to quickly fix something, tighten a screw, change batteries in something, grab something hot etc without having to go and find something suitable to use.

Maybe I just like multitools because I am lazy?   >:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Poll! Mine is much more than three but I tried to put the top ones at this point in time.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
I started MT collecting but had a great interested in all things outdoors.  In the last few years I've leaned more towards fixed blades for everything from food prep to camping.  Lights/Torches have been something I enjoy as well.  I tend to carry 2 if not 3 on me all year long.

Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

I added bike tools and cars tot he poll

Thanks, but I can't go back and change my vote now.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
yes you can

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
I generally like being outdoors. Both for work and play. A good knife is neccesary. I spend much time on wildlife photography. As I'm living in a great environment for doing so, I don't need to make long multiday trips, I almost always sleep at home. So I don't need much camping gear.

gb Offline Damsel

• Damsel in this dress
yes you can

How? I can't figure out how to change my vote.

Danielle
:angel: Sugar, spice and everything nice.  :angel:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
I like multitools and SAKs, gadgets in general (such as optics, PDAs etc) and I EDC some kgrs of them. I'm not lonely, I live for the days I won't be serving 30-60 persons every day and getting about 20-40 phone calls an 10+ emails, these days are about 100 every year, not a few but the impact of the rest 265 is great on me. I am an autistic person that chose the wrong job, so I am happy with my books, gadgets and toys when I find the rare hour to enjoy them. I'm in love and not searching for more love, I have enough, although I can't get enough. I am tall and bold, both outside and inside my skull. I make just enough money for my family's needs, they always are just enough, whatever I manage to gain. So I couldn't spend for champagne and pearls for a romantic relationship, even if I would want to. Maybe that's why my family tries hard to spend everything, in order to ensure my fidelity. I try to persuade them they don't need to, I just adore their mother, but that doesn't help. At least I have had some leftovers to make a nice EDC I enjoy while being on the go 16 hours per working day.

I think I answered all the polls at once dks. But you'll beat me with another, I'm sure.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
I had it set to allow people to change their vote, but maybe it has a time limit

us Offline ColoSwiss

Knives, specializing in Victorinox and Wenger, but also a variety of other types.

Also do a bit of target shooting. Try and get out to the range once a month.

In terms of time my main interest is reading, mainly history, travel, science.

In terms of money my largest expenditure is travel. Been averaging about two trips a year since I retired, one local (western US) and one overseas.

au Offline gregozedobe

I had it set to allow people to change their vote, but maybe it has a time limit

Soon after I voted I had the option to remove my vote and re-vote, but later that option was not shown.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%