Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger scissors don't fit in a skeletool.....

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
on: February 10, 2017, 01:34:23 AM
:rant: maybe if i had a drill press with carbide bits so i could widen out that hole farther to fit over the pivot. I only have 1 size wood bit with me.. all my tools are at my girlfriends house. Wasted time and failed first mod :facepalm:

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Wenger scissors don't fit in a skeletool.....
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:17:38 AM
As someone who has never attempted a mod, I'm the last one who should criticize.
But, a hatchet?
- Steve

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:20:05 AM
As someone who has never attempted a mod, I'm the last one who should criticize.
But, a hatchet?
Like i said, all of my tools, including my hammer, are at my girlfriends house. I know i should have waited until i had them but i just thought id try to improvise
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:21:27 AM by gdoolittle »

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:30:27 AM
But, a hatchet?
Like i said, all of my tools, including my hammer, are at my girlfriends house. I know i should have waited until i had them but i just thought id try to improvise
Sorry. I didn't mean to come across snappy there. Just mad at myself for not thinking about how wide the holes needed to be first.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 02:50:00 AM
Think of it as an excercise in planning ahead and strategizing how best to tackle... This can only be done with the parts disassembled... It is better this way, rather than having all your tools on hand and realize you need a different tool or drill bit...

I know Wenger uses 2.5mm pins for pivots... What pin size is on the Skeletool? Is it the same as that of the Juice (1/8")?

In the second pic, scissors are backwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 03:09:46 AM
Think of it as an excercise in planning ahead and strategizing how best to tackle... This can only be done with the parts disassembled... It is better this way, rather than having all your tools on hand and realize you need a different tool or drill bit...

I know Wenger uses 2.5mm pins for pivots... What pin size is on the Skeletool? Is it the same as that of the Juice (1/8")?

In the second pic, scissors are backwards?

I know they were all turned around once I put them in. I was just testing the screw in the holes if the scissors to see if i could make it work. The issue that I didnt anticipate was that in order to function and be flush with the tool, they need to be as wide as the piece shown in the last picture. Its not exactly a "pin" as it is part of the tool itself that the hole in the skeletool fits around perfectly, then is held in place by the screw and washer. My thoughts were that the pivot would not be much larger than the screw itself, but i was very mistaken. Im not sure if I'm making much readable sense here.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 03:10:31 AM
Also, i think there will be issues with the liner lock itself

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 03:35:46 AM
Well if nothing else you already learned a few things from trying :cheers: :cheers: As they say "Nothing ventured nothing gained" :tu: It is always best to have the proper tools but as we all well know here on this forum is that you can improvise with many things :cheers: That's why we carry MTs and SAKs :D

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 03:45:35 AM
Ahhh, I see it know... the barrel is part of the skele... looking at the last pic I now realized that it has a liner locking mechanism (don't know if it's the correct term)... Interesting...

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 03:46:59 AM
Ahhh, I see it know... the barrel is part of the skele... looking at the last pic I now realized that it has a liner locking mechanism (don't know if it's the correct term)... Interesting...

If i was to drill out a hole large enough in the scissors i don't know that there would be enough metal left for them to be sturdy.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 04:01:22 AM
I've seen some LM hacks with 91mm scissors... maybe this is an option...

I might explore this route to see if it is possible... Have a KF4 inbound... and another bnib KF4 booked... also trying to source some 1/8" barrels and torx

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 04:11:47 AM
:popcorn:

:like:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 11:44:34 PM
And this is why Wenger is no more.  Imagine a company not having the foresight to assume that someday someone would want to try and dissect one of their products and share components across other brands with impunity?

I mean really... what were they thinking?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%