Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

My Worm died. 420

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,687 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
My Worm died.
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:34:51 AM »
My Lumintop Worm (SS) that is. Only had it 4 days and its broken already.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:35:52 AM by captain spaulding »

I'm the milk man!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,377 Tool Carrying Linux User - I'm Iron Man!!!
Re: My Worm died.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:44:34 AM »
as sad as I am to hear that, it is better than what I expected when I opened the thread up   :rofl:

any chance of warranty?

If I can help, let me know 
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,687 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:48:30 AM »
as sad as I am to hear that, it is better than what I expected when I opened the thread up   :rofl:

any chance of warranty?

If I want to send it to China.  :facepalm: This is why I tend not to buy very expensive flashlight made in China. Luckly the Worm is very inexpensive. I contacted Amazon and they wanted me to return it for a refund obviously. I wanted a replacement since I do want the light. They could not do that. I told them straight, I know you can do a refund without a return for certain situations. Either do it or tell me you cant and lets be done with this conversation........ I got a long pause, then put on hold. Then a very aggravated, but acting nice lady tell me its done and to have a nice day... Click.   :D

I'm the milk man!
No Life Club Posts: 1,728
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:27:38 AM »
Hope you only had the $9 one not the $23 version. In any event that's too bad. I hate to even ask but how'd ya like it in those 4 short days?  :'( :pok:

I recently got a olight i3 that I am very happy with. Food for thought at least.

multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:27 PM »
Hope you only had the $9 one not the $23 version. In any event that's too bad. I hate to even ask but how'd ya like it in those 4 short days?  :'( :pok:

I recently got a olight i3 that I am very happy with. Food for thought at least.

Neither. It was the $13.90 stainless version. No big deal though since they refunded the original cost. I do have two other Lumintop flashlights. One is a green worm, other is the Prince Mini. If the Prince Mini dies I will be quite Smurfed, but it's going strong for now.

I'm the milk man!
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 29,387 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »
You didn't try an cut it in half to make two worms did you?  That doesn't work. :(

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that mate.  Glad they are refunding you at least.

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,131 Gone Diving

dks cy

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:46:14 PM »
My snake is fine :)

Get a Tank007EO9. 
I have a few and gave a few as presents, they all live an active life, and are solid lights.

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »

Forgot to answer the second part of your question.

I loved the light. I love the design. It's very bright. I love the glow insert in the bezel. I do have another Worm in green that I am using now. I will probably buy another once I get the refund.

I'm the milk man!
No Life Club Posts: 1,449 4x4 since '74
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:03:12 AM »
Your stainless steel Worm probably had better threads than the blue, aluminum version I bought. 

The threads self destructed shortly after purchase so that twisting the head feels rough.  However, the actual quality and quantity of light emitted is quite good.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 12:27:57 AM »
Your stainless steel Worm probably had better threads than the blue, aluminum version I bought. 

The threads self destructed shortly after purchase so that twisting the head feels rough.  However, the actual quality and quantity of light emitted is quite good.

Its funny you mention the threads. When I first got my SS Worm it was near impossible to turn the head to operate the light. Then I was testing different batteries in it so I was taking the head on and off a lot. One of the times I was putting it on something weird happened and it went on very easily and the operation was smooth just like my other Worm. That lasted for 1 day then it broke. Don't know if that had anything to do with it?

I'm the milk man!
No Life Club Posts: 1,728
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:45 AM »
With the glowing review, from post one. I may get one of these lights  :facepalm:

But can I ask first, is the pocket clip removeable?

multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
With the glowing review, from post one. I may get one of these lights  :facepalm:

But can I ask first, is the pocket clip removeable?

It's not designed to be, no.

I'm the milk man!

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $559.65
PayPal Fees: $32.97
Net Balance: $526.68
Above Goal: $251.68
Site Currency: USD
192% 
June Donations

Community Links