Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Worm died.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
My Worm died.
on: February 14, 2017, 02:34:51 AM
My Lumintop Worm (SS) that is. Only had it 4 days and its broken already.  :cry:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:35:52 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Re: My Worm died.
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:44:34 AM
as sad as I am to hear that, it is better than what I expected when I opened the thread up   :rofl:

any chance of warranty?
If I can help, let me know 

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:48:30 AM
as sad as I am to hear that, it is better than what I expected when I opened the thread up   :rofl:

any chance of warranty?

If I want to send it to China.  :facepalm: This is why I tend not to buy very expensive flashlight made in China. Luckly the Worm is very inexpensive. I contacted Amazon and they wanted me to return it for a refund obviously. I wanted a replacement since I do want the light. They could not do that. I told them straight, I know you can do a refund without a return for certain situations. Either do it or tell me you cant and lets be done with this conversation........ I got a long pause, then put on hold. Then a very aggravated, but acting nice lady tell me its done and to have a nice day... Click.   :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:27:38 AM
Hope you only had the $9 one not the $23 version. In any event that's too bad. I hate to even ask but how'd ya like it in those 4 short days?  :cry: :pok:

I recently got a olight i3 that I am very happy with. Food for thought at least.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:27 PM
Hope you only had the $9 one not the $23 version. In any event that's too bad. I hate to even ask but how'd ya like it in those 4 short days?  :cry: :pok:

I recently got a olight i3 that I am very happy with. Food for thought at least.

Neither. It was the $13.90 stainless version. No big deal though since they refunded the original cost. I do have two other Lumintop flashlights. One is a green worm, other is the Prince Mini. If the Prince Mini dies I will be quite Smurfed, but it's going strong for now.
I'm the milk man!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:32 PM
You didn't try an cut it in half to make two worms did you?  That doesn't work. :(

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that mate.  Glad they are refunding you at least.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:46:14 PM
My snake is fine :)

Get a Tank007EO9. 
I have a few and gave a few as presents, they all live an active life, and are solid lights.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:57:26 PM

Forgot to answer the second part of your question.

I loved the light. I love the design. It's very bright. I love the glow insert in the bezel. I do have another Worm in green that I am using now. I will probably buy another once I get the refund.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:03:12 AM
Your stainless steel Worm probably had better threads than the blue, aluminum version I bought. 

The threads self destructed shortly after purchase so that twisting the head feels rough.  However, the actual quality and quantity of light emitted is quite good.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 12:27:57 AM
Your stainless steel Worm probably had better threads than the blue, aluminum version I bought. 

The threads self destructed shortly after purchase so that twisting the head feels rough.  However, the actual quality and quantity of light emitted is quite good.

Its funny you mention the threads. When I first got my SS Worm it was near impossible to turn the head to operate the light. Then I was testing different batteries in it so I was taking the head on and off a lot. One of the times I was putting it on something weird happened and it went on very easily and the operation was smooth just like my other Worm. That lasted for 1 day then it broke. Don't know if that had anything to do with it?
I'm the milk man!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:45 AM
With the glowing review, from post one. I may get one of these lights  :facepalm:

But can I ask first, is the pocket clip removeable?
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 08:55:27 AM
With the glowing review, from post one. I may get one of these lights  :facepalm:

But can I ask first, is the pocket clip removeable?

It's not designed to be, no.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 01:45:21 AM
Necro post!

Just wanted to update this thread. As said before my SS Worm died after 4 days. I had a green Worm as well that was unused. I never used it except one time. Left it new because I have a few other AAA lights I chose to carry instead. Mostly Olights. (I love me some Olight!). Anyways, I decided it’s about time to bust out the green one and give the Worm another shot! It also died after a short time.   :( :think: I carried it for a few weeks but only got used TWICE! Went to use it a third time and nothing.... I must say, stay away. Stay far away from the Lumintop Worm. I had two separate units die completely within a few uses.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:47:02 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 04:44:33 AM
I'm going to go play with my worm  :ahhh, see if there's an issue, I haven't used it in awhile(feel free to insert jokes here)

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 04:57:30 AM
Have you tried cleaning the threads and the end of tube over the threads?

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 06:04:38 AM
R.I.P Worms. :(
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 06:13:56 AM
I ran down an eneloop in mine, it's still working, threads were bone dry from factory so I lubed em up, if they didnt use lube cleaning yours probably wont solve issue, but wont hurt to try, and maybe clean contacts with rubbing alcohol...hope it works capt  :salute:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:15:09 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 07:07:02 AM
It happens to all of us at some point... first it's stress, then with age it becomes a usual thing.

Just put some of the new blue V-cell batteries and it should be up and working in a jiffy.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 07:52:34 AM
glad you got the refund
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 10:13:40 PM
You guys are to much.  :D
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62