Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lumintop Prince Mini broken clip.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Lumintop Prince Mini broken clip.
on: February 15, 2017, 06:27:52 AM
My Lumintop Worm dies in 4 days. Now my Lumintop Prince Mini broke its clip. I got up off the couch and the clip got caught on the frilly part of the pillow. Snapped it right off. This happens all the time with all sorts of things I have clipped to my pocket. Normally the clip just goes back to its normal position and all is well. Not with this one. Not sure if its inferior materials being used or just the right amount of force in the ideal spot. Either way I anticipate having a really hard time getting a replacement clip. I just ventured into the Lumintop brand and at first all seemed great, but now I am having my doubts. I'm just glad I bought the Olight S1A in Copper instead of the full size Lumintop Prince.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Lumintop Prince Mini broken clip.
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:08:13 AM
Now that is a bummer.  I read about the Lumintop Worm which certainly makes this even more sour.  My experience with my Lumintop SS Worm has been flawless so unfortunately the one you got may just be a dud.  That clip may just have gotten bent at exactly the wrong/right spot not making this any easier to trust the brand.  Hope you get it sorted.     
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:40:05 AM
Yea it sucks and is kind of turning me off of Lumintop rather quickly. It really is my fault for breaking the clip even if they are using inferior materials. Not saying they are, but hypothetically. I can almost certainly say I will not spend more than $20 on a Lumintop light from here on out. The clip breaking does suck though because I most likely won't carry the Mini Prince outside of the house since there is no clip. I may be able to put a split ring on it and add my suspension clip.  :think: I may try that right now.  :D

Pertaining to the Worm. I will be buying another to replace the Stainless one that died. Probably going to get the black. I was drawn to that one from the beginning and its under $10 so it's a win, win. I just tested the Stainless Worm's head on my green Worm's body. Same problem as expected. The good news is I now have a Stainless body that is perfectly usable with the glow ring and all accessories so I can mix and match colors. I don't like how it looks with the green, but will probably run the Stainless body on the head of the black one once I get it.  :tu:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:41:45 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:45:09 AM
Suspension clip won't work. Smurf.   :cry:
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:10:48 PM
Maybe this is God's way of telling you to get rid of the frilly pillow!

But if a light breaks after 4 days I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace it, no matter how cheap it is.
The Olights seem to be a winner - I just bought another one in "Thunder Grey" or whatever they call it - same as the Copper S1A but in steel. Pricy but awesome. I am increasingly wary of cheap crap, mainly because the crappiness usually turns out to be the most salient quality.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 03:37:44 PM
Maybe this is God's way of telling you to get rid of the frilly pillow!

But if a light breaks after 4 days I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace it, no matter how cheap it is.
The Olights seem to be a winner - I just bought another one in "Thunder Grey" or whatever they call it - same as the Copper S1A but in steel. Pricy but awesome. I am increasingly wary of cheap crap, mainly because the crappiness usually turns out to be the most salient quality.

:whistle:

I agree that Olight products for me as well have been flawless.  My S1R thus far has really impressed me. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:13:37 AM
Got the camera to work for a sec.

I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 03:56:07 AM
I contacted Lumintop, but honestly doubted they would send a replacement clip. Surprisingly enough they said they would send one. They made me prove I owned the light first, but none the less they said they will send a new clip. Can't complain about that. Thank you Lumintop!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 06:47:05 AM
Looking at the picture of the clip.  Id say it was probably a combination of material and perfectly bad circumstance catching like it did. 

Glad to hear they will send you out a clip. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD