Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Fisherman + pliers ?

fr Offline Sebastoss

Vic Fisherman + pliers ?
on: February 15, 2017, 10:59:29 AM
Hi,

I wonder if the Victorinox Fisherman was equipped with pliers in the past ?

I know that his tool selection is variable, and I would like to now if the pliers addition is possible or only occurring on the MOD side ?

NB : My question concerns the fisherman, not Angler / Deluxe Angler  ;)

Thanks in advance !
Seb

ua Offline LeaF

Re: Vic Fisherman + pliers ?
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:13:55 AM
Do you mean Master Fisherman model?

573_09.JPG
* 573_09.JPG (Filesize: 170.23 KB)

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:23:21 AM
Very nice, I would like one of those. I always felt the Angler and Fisherman weren't "complete", when fishing I prefer a Handyman, or a SwissChamp, because I need both scissors and pliers.

:like:

I even put the right scales on my Handyman.
DSC01023-fishing-sak.jpg
* DSC01023-fishing-sak.jpg (Filesize: 430.22 KB)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:11:34 PM by Ronald Schröder »

fr Offline Sebastoss

Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 03:30:48 PM
Do you mean Master Fisherman model?

Master Fisherman... What's that model ? The Master Fisherman is a Wenger Model, not Victorinox.

I'm still wondering if the knife on your picture (the one I am talking about) is an old fisherman variation or a MOD.

Since I only collect "official" Vic lineup models, I need to be confident on this question  :whistle:

Thanks
Seb

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 03:48:18 PM
Master Fisherman... What's that model ? The Master Fisherman is a Wenger Model, not Victorinox.

I'm still wondering if the knife on your picture (the one I am talking about) is an old fisherman variation or a MOD.

Since I only collect "official" Vic lineup models, I need to be confident on this question  :whistle:

Thanks
Seb

No mistakes. It's an official model from Victorinox: Master Fisherman #1.4753.72
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,48310.msg805016.html#msg805016

P.S. I've specially contacted with jazzbass regarding naming of this knife.. and he confirmed that this model's name is Master Fisherman

fr Offline Sebastoss

Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 04:52:21 PM

Thanks
Seb

No mistakes. It's an official model from Victorinox: Master Fisherman #1.4753.72
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,48310.msg805016.html#msg805016

P.S. I've specially contacted with jazzbass regarding naming of this knife.. and he confirmed that this model's name is Master Fisherman

Thanks for your reply and the very interesting link of your Master Fisherman investigation  :tu:

Why is SAKwiki still not updated with the Master Fisherman ?

This is the picture of the knife, there is no hook on the back layer... A bit contradicting with the theory of Master Fisherman = Deluxe Angler with Philips ? Or the missing hook is just age related ?

Do you consider this knife as rare ?

Thanks a lot.
Seb

MMM.JPG
* MMM.JPG (Filesize: 65.97 KB)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:56:56 PM by Sebastoss »

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

Thanks for your reply and the very interesting link of your Master Fisherman investigation  :tu:

This is the picture of the knife, there is no hook on the back layer... A bit contradicting with the theory of Master Fisherman = Deluxe Angler with Philips ? Or the missing hook is just age related ?

Thanks a lot.
Seb

SAKWiki still doesn't have a lot of information about dozens of Victorinox models.
When I've started with my hobby (Collect Victorinox knives) I thought that SAKWiki is the best source / encyclopedia about SAKs.

Later, when I've updated a lot of pages on SAKWiki by myself, I'm undestanding, that SAKWiki like an iceberg - shows information about just small part of knives.
This was a reason what I've started a work on some project, that (I hope) will be more efficient than SAKWiki. Maybe, sometime in future I'll announce it here (keep my fingers crossed)

fr Offline Sebastoss

Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 09:18:41 PM
SAKWiki still doesn't have a lot of information about dozens of Victorinox models.
When I've started with my hobby (Collect Victorinox knives) I thought that SAKWiki is the best source / encyclopedia about SAKs.

Later, when I've updated a lot of pages on SAKWiki by myself, I'm undestanding, that SAKWiki like an iceberg - shows information about just small part of knives.
This was a reason what I've started a work on some project, that (I hope) will be more efficient than SAKWiki. Maybe, sometime in future I'll announce it here (keep my fingers crossed)

You can consider that I'm in the same situation than you was regarding Sakwiki precision... But with your precious advices, I now know that there is a lot of hidden informations, this is quite exciting from my point of view  ^^

Have you checked my pic of the knife ? The scissors without hook seems legit to you for this model ? What about the rarity of this Master Fisherman without hook ?

Thanks !

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 03:43:32 PM

Fixed!

fr Offline Sebastoss

Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 04:37:05 PM
Fixed!

Thank you Leaf ! Great job :D This legitimate my Master Fisherman  :D

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 04:54:19 PM
Fixed!

Thank you Leaf ! Great job :D This legitimate my Master Fisherman  :D

Thanks! I did it in order to legalize my Master Fisherman also :)
https://leaf-vics.com/2017/07/573-master-fisherman.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD