Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ok, who here still carries a handkerchief

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Ok, who here still carries a handkerchief
Reply #60 on: August 18, 2017, 10:55:08 PM
Got some time to myself as the Mrs watched tv so I made one of each, except the other two airplane combos.. anyway, I used a diff cam for the first time on the Star Wars one, along with that lime green, not to bad, I'm not to great at keeping a straight line or perfect speed, but I'd say not to bad, the other color string I got is red which I was going to do on the dino one, but I fig ahh, I got three others to try it out, oh well time to stretch the back from being hunched over the machine! Let me know what you think?
JR
IMG_8588.PNG
* IMG_8588.PNG (Filesize: 348.68 KB)
IMG_8589.PNG
* IMG_8589.PNG (Filesize: 362.26 KB)
IMG_8590.PNG
* IMG_8590.PNG (Filesize: 329.22 KB)
IMG_8591.PNG
* IMG_8591.PNG (Filesize: 357.44 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: August 19, 2017, 12:41:16 AM
Well done.  :tu:
Are they absorbent? Time to test them  :pok:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #62 on: August 19, 2017, 01:31:15 AM
Well done.  :tu:
Are they absorbent? Time to test them  :pok:
lol, good question, idk if I would use them for that reason being a fancy hankie. Now come cold weather I'm going to have to make a unique one, maybe a denim on one side but then a very soft flannel other, I got scrap denim, just gotta find scrap for the other, now that would be the ultimate winter nose wiping hankie!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: August 19, 2017, 05:47:25 AM
Nice job on the hankeys   :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: August 19, 2017, 07:44:49 AM
Nice job on the hankeys   :like: :tu:
Thanks,
JR

Offline Eyegor

Reply #65 on: August 20, 2017, 12:05:05 AM
I don't carry hankerchiefs but I always have a bandana😎. They are at least as useful as any multi.
T

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #66 on: August 28, 2017, 02:19:41 AM
Did a couple more, kinda the same but mixed the flight ones up, but that wasn't the only thing I did, I needed somewhere to store and maybe show off? So I did some research to find out some people use a old school library index card drawer, which is cool but can be very expensive! I also found some unique round hanging setup, but couldn't find them anywhere. So, for the past couple days I looked around the house to see if I could come up with anything, and well, this is what I came up with, all junk just laying around,

1, a glass bottle salad dressing bottle, needed a little weight to make sure it didn't go anywhere,
2, a bunch of marbles, adds a little more weight, also centers the shaft so it doesn't move,
3, a aluminum shaft, was from some old multi piece mop, cut to size,
4, a coat hanger, just the wide part, cut to length, I rolled the ends cause I was thinking of putting a diff clip on but didn't,
5, and lastly a bunch of bobbypins, they have a little larger end which fits over the coat hanger, I got a few more but no need to add any until I make more, but I might get the larger pins this way the round end slides nicely on the coat hanger, might also get some nicer marbles? I could also add another coat hanger but rather then side to side front to back, but all in time..
JR
IMG_8732.PNG
* IMG_8732.PNG (Filesize: 392.67 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: September 06, 2017, 01:43:22 AM
Was at Wally World and found a little bundle of Star Wars fabrics so I couldn't pass it up, I also picked up a cheap $2.50 fuzzy blanket, they didn't have the color I wanted but heck it's for a hankie, but still how good do you think this will be come time to use? Heck, it's softer then a shirt sleeve, I fig jean on the other side to make the like most heavy duty?
JR
IMG_8817.PNG
* IMG_8817.PNG (Filesize: 420.04 KB)
IMG_8822.PNG
* IMG_8822.PNG (Filesize: 320.2 KB)
IMG_8823.PNG
* IMG_8823.PNG (Filesize: 329.93 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: September 06, 2017, 05:22:12 AM
Only just seen this post  :facepalm: great work JR  :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #69 on: September 06, 2017, 07:00:36 AM
Thanks, nothing great, just kinda a hobby..
JR

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #70 on: September 06, 2017, 09:57:46 AM
JR

Ive been carrying a hanky in my right back pocket since I was in grade school. I don't feel complete without one.

Last week, a guy posted a pic of his hanky in our local EDC Facebook group. I thought it was a hanky doubling as a caddy as knives and other gadgets were pictured. Turned out its from this company.

https://foxhanx.com/

What do you think of their products?

us Offline tommywp

Reply #71 on: September 06, 2017, 03:20:06 PM
I carry a cheap bandana in my back pocket pretty consistently.  Mostly for wiping, but I cut a strip off once to fix a broken frog catching net, which was a hero moment.

You know how they say celery is a negative calorie food...well IMO a bandana is a negative bulk EDC item in that it makes my phone much easier to carry. If I'm walking around, phone comes out of the front pocket and goes in the back pocket between the bandanna and the ol' butt check and stays in place much better then it would if it were in the pocket alone.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #72 on: September 06, 2017, 07:01:11 PM
JR

Ive been carrying a hanky in my right back pocket since I was in grade school. I don't feel complete without one.

Last week, a guy posted a pic of his hanky in our local EDC Facebook group. I thought it was a hanky doubling as a caddy as knives and other gadgets were pictured. Turned out its from this company.

I myself have carried a cheap 12 for $5 white hankie since I don't remember when, just in the back left pocket(helps counter balance the other side for the wallet) lol
There so soft from being washed so many time so there great on cleaning the sunglasses, so even after making these I still have to carry a white one too. If you ask me the prices are a little high, $35 and up? And for nothing special, there just two pieces of cloth stitched together? I have to blame Ashly from on here because she started posting pics of unique ones she got from other people which got me going, but there of "unique" things like car, planes, movies, flames, anything you can think of, like the batch I just got of Star Wars(my sons a nut) heck there's people out there that put pics on cloth, so if there was a fav pic you could have one put on cloth, then made into one, price would get up there, but thenit would be something special! I have a few links to other places that make hankies, if interested I'll send you the links?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:48 PM
I carry a cheap bandana in my back pocket pretty consistently.  Mostly for wiping, but I cut a strip off once to fix a broken frog catching net, which was a hero moment.

You know how they say celery is a negative calorie food...well IMO a bandana is a negative bulk EDC item in that it makes my phone much easier to carry. If I'm walking around, phone comes out of the front pocket and goes in the back pocket between the bandanna and the ol' butt check and stays in place much better then it would if it were in the pocket alone.
Well yeah, like I just posted, hankie goes in the left rear pocket, as the wallet goes in the right, so in your theory yeah, it's a negative, it counterbalance for what's in the other pocket! And since the wallet is a thick leather carrying a fancy hankie and also simple white or bandana makes it better.. no?
JR

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: September 06, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
JR

Yes it is Great and it's not just a Hobby  :pok: it's a skill and they look great mate  :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: September 06, 2017, 08:02:41 PM
JR

Yes it is Great and it's not just a Hobby  :pok: it's a skill and they look great mate  :salute:
If anything it's a stress reliever..
But ty,
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #76 on: September 06, 2017, 08:30:25 PM
Our son is bringing his "gf" over so I can't work on that one hankie, but I'm thinking on what color thread to use on it, blacks a no go, red naa, I know I have a darker blue that would probably match the denim side, or do I use that neon green, the one I used to go with that green Star Wars one to make it look a little diff?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: September 06, 2017, 09:09:47 PM
??
JR
IMG_8831.PNG
* IMG_8831.PNG (Filesize: 197.21 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #78 on: September 07, 2017, 02:01:51 AM
 :facepalm: I screwed up, I ended sewing it together then realizing I didn't reverse it before doing so.. so I had to rip the whole thing apart, at least I didn't fully finish it before going :facepalm:
But after doing so I went ahead and finished it, after I had to cut another piece of the blanket because after ripping it apart it was so stretched. The stitching looks kinda like crap cause the fuzzy blanket was so hard to control, but I did go with the neon green, I ran two lines corner to corner to help prevent that side from stretching, but I must say it is very soft on the face, kinda thick though with that denim..
JR
IMG_8839.PNG
* IMG_8839.PNG (Filesize: 379.04 KB)

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #79 on: September 07, 2017, 05:33:52 AM
JR

I myself have carried a cheap 12 for $5 white hankie since I don't remember when, just in the back left pocket(helps counter balance the other side for the wallet) lol
There so soft from being washed so many time so there great on cleaning the sunglasses, so even after making these I still have to carry a white one too. If you ask me the prices are a little high, $35 and up? And for nothing special, there just two pieces of cloth stitched together? I have to blame Ashly from on here because she started posting pics of unique ones she got from other people which got me going, but there of "unique" things like car, planes, movies, flames, anything you can think of, like the batch I just got of Star Wars(my sons a nut) heck there's people out there that put pics on cloth, so if there was a fav pic you could have one put on cloth, then made into one, price would get up there, but thenit would be something special! I have a few links to other places that make hankies, if interested I'll send you the links?
JR

I  can relate to the old hankies that have turned soft and good enough to wipe galsses with  :cheers:

Price is relative for people, but the Foxhanks really hit me as a bit high, especially since I saw your posts here and they look the same :)

Thanks for the offer of links but we do have good enough hanky stores in the country (although not as artistic as your collection)  :tu:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: September 07, 2017, 12:21:32 PM
Our son is bringing his "gf" over so I can't work on that one hankie, but I'm thinking on what color thread to use on it, blacks a no go, red naa, I know I have a darker blue that would probably match the denim side, or do I use that neon green, the one I used to go with that green Star Wars one to make it look a little diff?
JR

Too busy cleaning the shotgun and sharpening the kukri?
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 11:54:20 PM
Finished cutting up that little bundle I picked up from Wally World, there's some good combos in there!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #82 on: September 08, 2017, 06:45:08 AM

Well said  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: September 08, 2017, 10:54:32 AM
Finished cutting up that little bundle I picked up from Wally World, there's some good combos in there!
JR
(Image removed from quote.)

Looking good JR  :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #84 on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:38 AM
Well I guess these are the lucky hankies, cause these are the ones I was working on today, I made these along with ones for the kid that were the same as one of these and the dinosaur one I posted a while back. So with the material that I have I've made all my combos so the Mrs is after me to now make and sell with what I have left, I'm like idk, I'm not that good? What do you guys think?
JR
IMG_8919.PNG
* IMG_8919.PNG (Filesize: 395.87 KB)
IMG_8920.PNG
* IMG_8920.PNG (Filesize: 427.7 KB)
IMG_8921.PNG
* IMG_8921.PNG (Filesize: 350.75 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #85 on: September 11, 2017, 02:56:01 AM
Put them up on my little hankie hanger :D
JR
IMG_8924.PNG
* IMG_8924.PNG (Filesize: 279.63 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #86 on: September 11, 2017, 09:22:37 PM
They look great JR , go on start selling some  :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #87 on: September 11, 2017, 10:06:41 PM
They look great JR , go on start selling some  :salute:
Thanks, just finished four more while listening to some tunes(one of my fav right now, "let it be" by the Beatles) got another like ten more to go, dinosaurs and Star Wars. The Mrs started an account on Esty, but then stopped cause she's a nervise nut, I got no clue as how to sell these things, that and there not the greatest, so idk?
JR
IMG_8930.PNG
* IMG_8930.PNG (Filesize: 288.22 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #88 on: September 11, 2017, 11:46:29 PM
Finished another two, the dino's! I love that bone side cause they glow in the dark.
JR
IMG_8935.PNG
* IMG_8935.PNG (Filesize: 226.84 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #89 on: September 12, 2017, 08:24:03 AM
Looking good JR ,possibly eventually you could add a tag with your brand on  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%