Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Attn: Duct tape lovers,,

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Attn: Duct tape lovers,,
Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 01:01:24 AM
My keys go on a shelf the second I walk in the door.  If they don't then I will spend at least ten to fifteen minutes to find them.

Def
Mine get put on a hook right next to the door. Back at our old house idk where I put them and even the wife got up and we searched for over 30min and couldn't find them, until after I had to call off work and the wife started to cook breakfast, I saw a little shine "in" the baseboard heater, come to find out we're guessing one of our ferrets from back in the day got ahold of them and hid them.. I'm guessing that's another good reason why you shouldn't have everything all on one, cause that was both vehicles, the house and locks and other junk!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:29 AM
I'm not lover. Just heavy user :).
(Image removed from quote.)
Nice, at least the color matches! :rofl:
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 01:23:53 PM
I'm not lover. Just heavy user :).
(Image removed from quote.)

This should also reduce all the annoying sights one is normally exposed to on a road, such as other vehicles...  :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 04:20:28 PM
I have a roll in the house, car and garage each.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
I have a few of the credit card flat rolls stashed in various strategic locations. I also keep a mini duct tape roll in my EDC bag, which is just tape rolled around a cut off section of wire coat hanger.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 10:23:18 PM
I simply take out most of the cardboard ring from my duct tape roll, then fold it together and put some old bike tube over it. The tube can be cut into rubber-bands (cut diagonally for longer bands).
20170308_oht_13.jpg
* 20170308_oht_13.jpg (Filesize: 141.54 KB)
20170308_oht_14.jpg
* 20170308_oht_14.jpg (Filesize: 189.95 KB)
20170308_oht_15.jpg
* 20170308_oht_15.jpg (Filesize: 171.98 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:27 PM
I simply take out most of the cardboard ring from my duct tape roll, then fold it together and put some old bike tube over it. The tube can be cut into rubber-bands (cut diagonally for longer bands).
That's what we used to do back at lowes with packing tape, worked great, especially didn't take up so much space in a vest!
JR

us Offline hugh_h

Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:07 PM

My carry method is to wait until most of the roll of tape is gone, then smash it flat to carry just the length I think I'll need. I packed a different type of satchel the year before last when I chaperoned a youth group trip to New Orleans for a week. So, in addition to the normal "disaster" prep (para cord, first aid kit, "no roll" toilet paper, garbage bag...) there were convenience items (hair ties, ziplock baggies) and those items you never know what you'll do with them until the need arises...duct tape being one of those.

It didn't occur to me to remove some of the cardboard to make the roll more smashable, so thanks for the good idea.

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 09:24:14 PM
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:05 PM
I actully made something myself the other day..

A keychain to have that emergency 18” of duct tape (gorilla) yet could be 24” if other..
JR

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #40 on: November 13, 2018, 02:13:40 AM
Oh wow, I never posted to this.

2" binder post, with a small screw eye rather than the end screw. Put a little bit of thread locker on there, and tada! Sometimes I'd put a couple washers on it to keep it all neat, or cut washers out of clamshell plastic. Then I just started wrapping the tape on the clamshell plastic.

I also have a couple of colors of electricians tape and a roll of 1" wide black duck tape hanging off my bag. Use a zip tie or a bit of paracord for a loop, key biner, molle webbing, and you're set.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #41 on: November 13, 2018, 04:15:00 AM
I used to always have a roll of duck tape slipped over the shifter in my truck.

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 05:25:22 AM
 :like:
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%