Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ordering from Sears?

us Offline Wallace72

Ordering from Sears?
on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:32 AM
Has anyone ever ordered leatherman's or anything I suppose off of sears?  Everything is actually sold by a different company than Sears such as "altatac" or "fastmedia." I looked up these companies and they have pretty bad reviews. I was actually looking at buying a Supertool 300 cause I have a giftcard but for some reason in the store Sears jacks up the price.  :(

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Re: Ordering from Sears?
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:56:58 AM
Has anyone ever ordered leatherman's or anything I suppose off of sears?  Everything is actually sold by a different company than Sears such as "altatac" or "fastmedia." I looked up these companies and they have pretty bad reviews. I was actually looking at buying a Supertool 300 cause I have a giftcard but for some reason in the store Sears jacks up the price.  :(

The things worth buying at Sears/ Kmart are Timberland boots. Everything else is pretty much overpriced, low-quality junks.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:51:57 AM
I can't say anything about Sears, but Megan recently ordered anew exercise bike from one of those outside companies on Best Buy's site and it's horrible, and the return policy is worse.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Wallace72

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 02:09:01 AM
I can't say anything about Sears, but Megan recently ordered anew exercise bike from one of those outside companies on Best Buy's site and it's horrible, and the return policy is worse.

Def

That sucks, I wasn't aware that Best Buy had outside companies. I'll probably just end up paying the extra ten bucks that the st300 costs in store :(

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 02:16:52 AM
Sears was bought by Kmart some years back, and went from bad to worse. (Their appliance stores still seem to be doing a decent job)

There are persistent rumors the company is not long for this world. If you have a gift card from them I'd suggest using it while its still good, even if you have to pay a few dollars more.

us Offline Wallace72

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:05:33 AM
Sears was bought by Kmart some years back, and went from bad to worse. (Their appliance stores still seem to be doing a decent job)

There are persistent rumors the company is not long for this world. If you have a gift card from them I'd suggest using it while its still good, even if you have to pay a few dollars more.

That's probably good advice. The employees at our Sears always seem surprised when they see a customer, the racks are picked dry, and what little items are left are beginning to collect dust.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 01:24:05 AM
Sears Canada is in just as bad a shape. I walked into the local Sears recently and was positively shocked at just how sad the whole store felt. Heck, they don't even sell the Sears Craftsman tool line anymore.  :ahhh
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 02:58:40 AM
Brick and mortars like Sears, Macys etc are all in trouble.  Their terrible online presence (poor service, crappy secondary venders, difficult to use websites) will lead to their collapse.  I used to only buy hand tools from Sears.Then, one day they refused the Craftsman warranty because they didn't want to break open a socket set.  It was probably 1998.  I decided I would not be buying new Craftsman tools and went with other companies with lifetime warranties.  Sears reversed their warranty policy and started covering things again, but customer loyalty is a fickle thing.  Let it slip away and it is very hard to recapture.

For the most part, Amazon does what it has to, for customer satisfaction.  Many of the brick and mortar stores still refuse to follow suit.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 04:51:57 AM
The Sears Hardware Store in my area closed recently.  The closest Sears is too far to bother.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Wallace72

Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:44 AM
Its really a shame because they used to make fantastic quality tools whether it be their garden tools or ratchets but really now their stuff falls short to even Harbor Freight. The good thing is that their multitool/knife section of the store is dimly lit and shielded by an array of various electronics and appliances ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%