Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG PowerLitre.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
SOG PowerLitre.
on: August 19, 2021, 04:23:04 AM
I just got this one in a few days ago. I haven't been following much on SOG tools lately, and I thought the PowerLitre would be larger than it is. I was a bit taken aback when I got the package in. I was like...ok, is there something in this package. When I opened it up, I really like this size of multi-tool. I just wished I was better prepared for the size lol. This tool is growing on me...see what I did there?  ;)

After playing with it for a while, there is still a feature I am still puzzled about. There is this short swingarm. Apparently it is tied in with the scissors function on the other handle..but for the life of me, I cannot figure out the reason for the swing arm.  :dunno:

I know I was not prepared for the size of the Powerlitre. I am told the Powerpint is the same size. I think I will have to hunt down a Powerpint in the near future if I can. I have taken some photos with a SOG PowerAccess for comparison.

20210818_220200A by Chako, on Flickr

20210818_220219A by Chako, on Flickr

20210818_220251A by Chako, on Flickr

20210818_220325A by Chako, on Flickr

20210818_220508A by Chako, on Flickr

It surprises me that the Powerlitre is so much smaller, and yet, doesn't appear to be that much smaller to a regular sized tool in hand. For its size, it packs a punch. I could see myself EDCing something this size quite easily, and the best part, I wouldn't be giving up anything compared to a larger sized tool from what I can see.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline jorritvS

Re: SOG PowerLitre.
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 07:41:49 AM
Nice comparison of the litre and the access. U have the powerpint myself which is the same size of the litre.
If I remember right, the swing arm is used together with the corkscrew. You can place it on the edge of the bottle so you have leverage on the bottle while you pull on the handle with the corkscrew. Just like a 'normal' bottle opener

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 04:26:03 PM
That is what I thought, but the packaging showed it used with the scissors. I must have seen that wrong.

us Offline tommywp

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 05:27:30 PM
I’ve been very close to pulling the trigger on one of these a number of times. Have held back bc, for me, the most important measurement that makes a tool “small” is the thickness..never really been bothered by height or width but but I’m always looking to reduce pocket bulge  ::) and thats ties to thickness. Even in your pics it looks a bit thicker than the full size tool. That being said, the positive review still makes me want one.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 06:15:34 PM
It is thick.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 03:30:20 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline primeholy

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 02:36:55 AM
I just picked one up today. In black. I would attach a photo, but they are too big.

us Offline primeholy

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 11:11:07 AM
Well, I broke the latch last night pulling out the tools on the latch side while it was closed. I’m going to take it back this afternoon. This was the last one they had, so I might end up with a different brand.

Offline Bogey62

• New User
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 08:35:45 PM
It is thick.

It is thick, but will still fit in the coin pocket of a pair of jeans.

I bought a PowerPint to retire my 15+ old Sog CrossGrip, which is still in good shape, but not as fictional or as sturdy as the PP. The PP is only a 1/2 longer, though quite a bit wider.

* PP Comp1.jpg (Filesize: 102.81 KB)

* PP Comp2.jpg (Filesize: 59.34 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69