Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Single cell battery storage.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Single cell battery storage.
on: February 26, 2017, 06:03:59 AM
I am always on the lookout or ideas for a single AA or AAA battery case for EDC. Seems impossible to find with one or two expensive exceptions.

I came across these just now. Sadly they are all for 18650 batteries, but if you need a single 18650 case these are interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/BETTER-MALL-Silicone-Protective-Battery/dp/B01GHONIB0/ref=pd_sbs_107_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01GHONIB0&pd_rd_r=YN1F4PSS54EZ0Q5TS0NJ&pd_rd_w=AACD3&pd_rd_wg=0XAR2&refRID=YN1F4PSS54EZ0Q5TS0NJ&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/MALL-Battery-Protective-Silicone-Batteries/dp/B01GCHZ2S4/ref=pd_sbs_107_21?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01GCHZ2S4&pd_rd_r=YN1F4PSS54EZ0Q5TS0NJ&pd_rd_w=AACD3&pd_rd_wg=0XAR2&psc=1&refRID=YN1F4PSS54EZ0Q5TS0NJ

If anyone knows of a affordable AA or AAA battery case please let me know.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Single cell battery storage.
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:26:09 AM
Capt I know this conversation has come up before and there are some great DIY ideas as well as plastic containers available.  My idea is use a AA or AAA flashlight.  It works the same way and has the option of being used.  I'll carry 2 flashlights using the same battery so I can switch out battery if I need or just use the flashlight.  My 2c worth.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:46:29 AM
Capt I know this conversation has come up before and there are some great DIY ideas as well as plastic containers available.  My idea is use a AA or AAA flashlight.  It works the same way and has the option of being used.  I'll carry 2 flashlights using the same battery so I can switch out battery if I need or just use the flashlight.  My 2c worth.   

The Fenix E01 is a pretty cheap AAA carrier.  And as a "battery vampire" when the other flashlight stops running, you can swap batteries, and the E01 will run another couple of hours.
- Steve

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:39:37 AM
I know I can use another AAA light and have a old Maglite Solitare that would be perfect, but I just want some AA and AAA storage that is not another flashlight. I cannot really explain to you why, but it defeats the point for me. Obviously there is the parasitic drain thing, but that's not really why I do not want to use another light as battery storage. I'm weird......  :whistle:
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 06:05:49 AM
I use small pill bottles with a little piece of foam stuff at the bottom and another secured with a drop of glue inside the lid.
Fits 1 x AA eneloop or 2 x AAA eneloops.
Not the best for fifth pocket carry but works well with backpacks or in the car etc.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 09:52:08 AM
here ya go its a pepto bismal tablet thingy

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 06:22:53 PM
Alright here ya go Capt.  This Advil container will fit either AA or AAA easily.  As you can see from the amazing pictures there will be some room to spare.  Maybe you can fill that space with something to prevent the cell from bouncing around as well as protect the cell within.  The top closes very secure and I dare say its water resistant/proof tho I haven't tested it. 

IMG_2392.JPG
* IMG_2392.JPG (Filesize: 243.6 KB)
IMG_2393.JPG
* IMG_2393.JPG (Filesize: 226.47 KB)
IMG_2394.JPG
* IMG_2394.JPG (Filesize: 228.83 KB)
IMG_2395.JPG
* IMG_2395.JPG (Filesize: 247.88 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 07:42:03 PM
Great idea and I recently cleaned up a chapstick container that will fit a single AAA, but it is not snug so I will not be using it. I just want a container for a single AA and single AAA that fits like a glove. Seems its a lot to ask though.  :think:

I may have to take the plunge and buy the countycomm AA and AAA storage. Its exactly what I am looking for so when I have the cash I will probably buy one of each.
I'm the milk man!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 07:54:36 PM
Alright here ya go Capt.  This Advil container will fit either AA or AAA easily.  As you can see from the amazing pictures there will be some room to spare.  Maybe you can fill that space with something to prevent the cell from bouncing around as well as protect the cell within.  The top closes very secure and I dare say its water resistant/proof tho I haven't tested it.
Wow, ahola, I like the dark blue eneloop!  :like:  :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56