Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best place to buy MUT old titanium clip?

us Offline The Tool Guy

Best place to buy MUT old titanium clip?
on: July 07, 2017, 01:25:37 AM
Might be buying a MUT to add to collection, but want to replace the steel clip with the Titanium clip. I would be buying the BO version, so did the clip come in one color, or was there a different one on stainless? I get mixed results. This website list 2 colors, while others I find just the the silver one.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/leatherman-mut-pocket-clip.html

Anyone have any experience with Swiss Knife shop on here?

Thank you

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Re: Best place to buy MUT old titanium clip?
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 10:49:28 AM
G'Day,

As far as I know there is only one colour Ti clip. You can darken it with a blow torch, it will turn rainbow colours and eventually blue.

I got some off the 'ol (fl)ebay. I too don't like the flimsy one on the new tools. The Ti one has less give than the newer version too. IMHO you cannot go wrong with the original Ti version, they rock.

Pete

us Offline The Tool Guy

Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:14:27 PM
Giving an update. So far no luck, every time I find one, it's always the newer style with the old picture and description. :-[ I kinda running out of options besides buying a used one or calling my guns stores hoping they haven't sold one in 3 plus years. I figure I'll ask, can anyone find me a older Ti clip please? Its my birthday next week :whistle:

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 08:02:20 AM
It looks like Amazon still have some. Maybe try Loki-mobile too, local inmate. Ships internationally too.

Pete

us Offline The Tool Guy

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 08:21:54 AM
Unless it's different for amazon, I called Swiss, what they stock is the newer one, it's a misprint. Thanks for the info though.

us Offline The Tool Guy

Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 02:42:26 AM
I bought a brand new MUT with the titanium clip. :D Now I just hope its as new as it say it is. Guess that's what I get for waiting 4 years to get one, choosing the camo charge instead. Hope to join the owner's club soon.

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 04:14:51 AM
Check Swiss knife shop. They have the clip I think you're looking for in stock for $11.95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline The Tool Guy

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 10:02:10 PM
If anyone is still looking for the old Ti clips, Jet.com has them of all places. I ordered 3 last week as they were the only ones who could not confirm for me weather they were the old stock. I am not entirely sure how Jet works, but they came from Forza Sports which is not mentioned anywhere on the site like amazon does. I'd figure I leave this info here, so if you are looking for some, try there.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%