Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Hatchet comparison, painful to watch 254

No Life Club Posts: 2,568 Smurf it!
Hatchet comparison, painful to watch
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:17:45 PM »
I've gone off his videos recently, however this is a pretty good comparison

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." -  Winston Churchill
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 25,593
Re: Hatchet comparison, painful to watch
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 06:10:09 AM »
Great video Smashie :tu:

Great comparison of 2 axes in 2 completely different price ranges but very similar toughness :o :like: :like:

Thanks for sharing with us :cheers: I haven't kept up with his videos in a while either :whistle: :D

OCD Squad Member Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,574
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »
this is heavier, so we had more... more... we had more physics going on there :rofl:

Nice to see that you can get a decent quality hatched for a reasonable price. Also makes me a bit sad, that pretty traditional hatched did not do any better.

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »
this is heavier, so we had more... more... we had more physics going on there :rofl:

Nice to see that you can get a decent quality hatched for a reasonable price. Also makes me a bit sad, that pretty traditional hatched did not do any better.

It's a harder edge so it's going to be brittle, it's a trade off, make it softer and the edge will be easier to sharpen but you will have to sharpen more often

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,557 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:35:40 PM »
I'm not totally surprised by the result but it's good to see the Gerber/Fiskar hatchet doing so well.   :)

No Life Club Posts: 3,081 You don't want to see me SMURF!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »
While I do agree the Gransfors Bruks one is fine piece of work, if I'd want a 100+ euro hatchet, I'd go for this...

Roselli Retkipiilu Small

That said, I am completely biased since Roselli is finnish ;)

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams

Completely Random Smurf with Aleph
Slingshot Channel
Colin Furze Thread
No Life Club Posts: 3,081 You don't want to see me SMURF!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
Oh and :like:

:D

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams

Completely Random Smurf with Aleph
Slingshot Channel
Colin Furze Thread
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:39 PM »
I'm not totally surprised by the result but it's good to see the Gerber/Fiskar hatchet doing so well.   :)

I am too, considering how much he's hated on inexpensive tools like this before.

Newbie Posts: 25
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 05:31:47 PM »
Excelent comparison :like:
But sometimes money is not everything.  For me cool factor of Gransfors Kubben is more then price ;)

I had the opportunity to use this toddler and really makes an amazing impression. Certainly Gerber is really good hatchet, but Kubben has simpy the soul :salute:
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,557 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »
While I do agree the Gransfors Bruks one is fine piece of work, if I'd want a 100+ euro hatchet, I'd go for this...

Roselli Retkipiilu Small

That said, I am completely biased since Roselli is finnish ;)

The Roselli is an interesting axe.  50ft-Trad has one and absolutely loves it.  I've had a play with it a few times over the years and it seems a very well made axe indeed. :tu:  The ergonomics are very different though and I suspect it takes a bit more time than I've ever had with it to get used to how it feels and acts.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links