Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Picnicker, that isn't a picnic at all! Details on shipping dilemma inside..

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Thanks all for the replies.

Definitely going to pay extra to sellers in the future for proper insurance and speedy delivery.
I have one other package missing (it's coming from Canada), so I haven't mentioned it, those can sometimes take a long while to show up.
But now I'm wondering if something happened to it too!  :facepalm:

Worrying about packages.. I know all about it.

Over 99% of the mail arrives without a problem. When you buy or sell a lot of stuff, eventually you will lose something. The first time that happens is the worst.

When you start always paying extra for insurance and speedier delivery, in the end you will have paid much more in extra shipping and insurance costs than the amount of money you would have lost when that 1 out of a 100 "less insured" packages got missing.

I usually never ask sellers to add extra insurance or speedier delivery methods. It just makes this hobby too expensive. And why would I pay extra when there's buyer protection. Most sellers are wise enough to choose a method of shipping that is appropriate given the value of the item.

I'm buying and selling on eBay and other websites for almost ten years now and it only happened 4 or 5 times that I got scammed or something got lost in the mail. I can only recall one event where I really lost my money (around $ 25) because I wasn't covered by a form of buyer protection.
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline FolderBeholder

eBay told me to ship the item(s) back to the seller and once they see the delivery is made through the tracking number I provided, they will issue me a refund.
Would have really preferred the Picnicker, and I'll never know the real story of what happened and where the fraud occurred.
The baby clothes are in route to the seller.  I shipped it all back in the box with his label, inside another bigger box, so perhaps he can figure out what happened.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:30:53 PM by FolderBeholder »
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Sorry that you had to have such a frustrating experience with your order FB.  I hope another Picknicker turns up for you.

Sorry that you had to have such a frustrating experience with your order FB.  I hope another Picknicker turns up for you.

Thanks Vicman, this ordeal hit close to home as I was finally getting some closure with losing my most sentimental SAK, my Camper which had the exact box style as this Picnicker and same front scale.  So it's like losing two (and I know they're just things).

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice

Thanks Vicman, this ordeal hit close to home as I was finally getting some closure with losing my most sentimental SAK, my Camper which had the exact box style as this Picnicker and same front scale.  So it's like losing two (and I know they're just things).

I definitely understand how you feel. Certain knives have more sentimental value than others, which makes it really tough when you lose them.  :(

That's true Vicman.
As an update to the thread, the refund was made to my Paypal.
At least the seller, who I presume to be an innocent party in this, got to see the exact package I received in the event he wants to start an investigation at his post office.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
That's true Vicman.
At least the seller, who I presume to be an innocent party in this, got to see the exact package I received in the event he wants to start an investigation at his post office.

Glad you got your refund FB. I am still choosing to believe that you will find another Picnicker with the original box to replace the one you did not receive.  ;)

That's true Vicman.

Glad you got your refund FB. I am still choosing to believe that you will find another Picnicker with the original box to replace the one you did not receive.  ;)
Here's hoping!  :cheers:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
That's true Vicman.

+1

Thanks NorCal!  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Just seeing this FB :facepalm: Sorry to hear you had to go through this ordeal :-\ I have only lost one package over the years and that was sent in a GAW by a member here :ahhh He wondered why I never told him I had received it and I finally PM him that it still wasn't here after over a month (international shipping) and he was not happy at all about it and apologized but I told him no need as it was nothing to him and I was just sorry that it was lost at all :( Hopefully you still receive it but after that amount of time the chances are much slimmer I am afraid :oops: Good luck anyways though :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
SIGH..............

Without going into a barrage of foul words and such about what seems to be going on at times and the seemingly unscrupulous acts against our packages I'll just say

I'm sorry this happened to you. 
Esse Quam Videri

Thanks Poncho and Aloha.  :cheers:

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
I can sympathize with you, not only did I have an empty package turn up recently I've just discovered a book that I bought from a seller in California is showing as been delivered in Kentucky. I'm in Australia. I thought there was something amiss when tracking showed it went from just outside LA to Cincinnati. Does the shipping include a round world holiday I wonder.
I actually received a parcel from the US last year and the tracking showed it went to Tokyo first. :think:
Andrew

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
I can sympathize with you, not only did I have an empty package turn up recently I've just discovered a book that I bought from a seller in California is showing as been delivered in Kentucky. I'm in Australia. I thought there was something amiss when tracking showed it went from just outside LA to Cincinnati. Does the shipping include a round world holiday I wonder.
I actually received a parcel from the US last year and the tracking showed it went to Tokyo first. :think:
Sorry to hear of the delivery mix-up sak60.That would be very frustrating!
Hope you get your book soon.

Agreed, I hope your book arrives.  Sad to read about the empty package.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
During Xmas I ordered some nice journals for my daughter.  The carrier service seems to have delivered it to another home and the package was opened and some contents taken.  The carrier somehow got the package back and then delivered it to me. 

This makes no sense whatsoever. 

I called Amazon from whom I purchased the items and without question they promptly sent my items.  I cannot tell you how incredibly sad and frustrated thievery makes me.  I will say that Amazon was wonderful in taking care of us and making it right.  I know we've had some issues with delivery times from them but I cannot say enough about how they've always taken care of me and those I know who have had issues. 

I'm still waiting for a Black Oxide Spirit that was LOST WITHIN MY LOCAL POST OFFICE  :rant:.  They act like I did something wrong and because they gave me the run around they wouldn't let me open a case. 

I hesitantly call them thieves so I leave it at irresponsible  :whistle:

Whew I did it without saying one bad word.   :D
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
I'm sad to have been fooled by a member here, or that it seems that way, 'cause 90% of times it's the carrier's/shipping company's fault, in my experience.
 :-[

Will be more cautious this year, hope yours ends up in a nice way!  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club

Sorry to hear of the delivery mix-up sak60.That would be very frustrating!
Hope you get your book soon.
[/quote]
Agreed, I hope your book arrives.  Sad to read about the empty package.
Thanks I should be good for the book.
Looks like I jumped too soon when I saw it said delivered. Turns out it meant delivered to the Global shipping depot. I'm now getting updates from them saying it's on its way. :facepalm:
Hope you're other situations turn out for the best.
Andrew

Although my other Picnicker didn't arrive, I was able to buy another one (sadly without Camping Logo), but it is in route.
Had to pay twice the amount, but I wanted one in a box.

This one has an interesting tang stamp though, blank on the other side.  :think:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:48:46 PM by FolderBeholder »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
That's a beauty.   :cheers:
Esse Quam Videri

That's a beauty.   :cheers:
Thank you Aloha!  :cheers:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Although my other Picnicker didn't arrive, I was able to buy another one (sadly without Camping Logo), but it is in route.

This one has an interesting tang stamp though, blank on the other side.  :think:

Great find FB! I knew you would find another Picnicker with the box, :tu: :tu: :mail:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club

:like:

Hooray!!!  Plus there is always the possibility of picking up a Camper logo Picnicker at some future date.

:cheers:

Thanks Vicman and NorCal. 
That's what I'm thinking NorCal, find one later with the Camping logo, pay less for it, then average the two, the cost will be less, win-win!  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%