Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Poweraccess

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
SOG Poweraccess
on: March 13, 2017, 05:33:00 PM
Here are some size comparison shots of the SOG next to the Skeletool,  Sideclip,  Kick, PPP,  Reactor and Wingman.  I wanted folks to see the size of the tool, it's very much like the aforementioned tools. I had go hold the Wingman due to the spring back of the handles. Overall I would say this is a direct copy of the Pocketpliers but modified so the tools can be opened from a closed position.

Sorry for the horrible pics, weather is nasty and lighting sucks. I'll have better pics when I can. Overall first impressions are good, I like the tool. Locks are a little funky and had to tighten up a pivot for some tools but I can see it being as good as my PPP.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: SOG Poweraccess
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:25:10 PM
Is it as thin as a Pocket PowerPlier?
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 11:30:35 PM
Just a tad thicker

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:58:59 AM
Just a tad thicker

Good to know. I can't wait until mine arrives
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 01:20:51 AM
Very cool that they made a tool in that size range that looks beefy enough to be in the next size range up :o :like: :like: Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it after a bit of carry :tu:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:44:00 AM
Anymore thoughts after using it more DB?

I checked one out at my local REI yesterday. It was cool. I really like the size factor and it felt good in my hand. The pocket clips great and one handed plier opening is nice. I really like the finish and design. It's unique.

The lock up I felt was strange. Since the tools open on the outside, the lock/unlock is on the inside, ala the closed handles. Not the end of the world, just different (for obvious reasons). Also the blade felt really really tiny. Everything else I liked. Has a cool philips driver and 4 flatheads! No saw or serrated blade, but cool awl  ;)

All in all, with my extremely limited knowledge of SOG. I think this is my fave  :cheers:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 10:04:44 AM
I am impressed with it and will do a review next week.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 02:41:43 AM
:popcorn:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 03:34:37 AM
Anymore thoughts after using it more DB?

I checked one out at my local REI yesterday. It was cool. I really like the size factor and it felt good in my hand. The pocket clips great and one handed plier opening is nice. I really like the finish and design. It's unique.

The lock up I felt was strange. Since the tools open on the outside, the lock/unlock is on the inside, ala the closed handles. Not the end of the world, just different (for obvious reasons). Also the blade felt really really tiny. Everything else I liked. Has a cool philips driver and 4 flatheads! No saw or serrated blade, but cool awl  ;)

All in all, with my extremely limited knowledge of SOG. I think this is my fave  :cheers:
I've been using the tool quite a bit since I've gotten it. I love the size,  everything I enjoyed about the PPP but with a clip and locks. The clip works well and retention is good,  no issues with putting it in my pocket or removal. You mentioned about accessing the tools, I don't have too much trouble except accessing a couple tools.  I'm having to use clumping to my advantage to access those hard to reach ones.  The locking mechanism works well and after some practice unlocking feels quite natural. Hadn't used all the individual tools yet but I'm sure I will. The PA has become my favorite tool right now and has bumped out the others except on my off days.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD