Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

EDC coin / lucky coin? 999

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 35,762
Re: EDC coin / lucky coin?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2017, 03:31:11 AM »
I think they could cut down on the number of coins for euros...
(Image removed from quote.)

OT: I'm planning to carry the Johnson Gasolene/Chicago Worlds fair 1933 (a century of progress 1833-1933) commemorative coin I just got. I plan to clean it up a tad as it's a bit dirty, and I'm not concerned with the face value. It's more about Johnson (my last name) and Johnson Gasolene/Oil from Chicago,  and the world fair of Chicago where my dad was born. It's like triple trifecta of cool.

not mine, but this is what it looks like:

Pretty cool about that coin Whoey :cheers: :like: :like:

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 31,363
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 04:33:09 AM »
I think they could cut down on the number of coins for euros...

OT: I'm planning to carry the Johnson Gasolene/Chicago Worlds fair 1933 (a century of progress 1833-1933) commemorative coin I just got. I plan to clean it up a tad as it's a bit dirty, and I'm not concerned with the face value. It's more about Johnson (my last name) and Johnson Gasolene/Oil from Chicago,  and the world fair of Chicago where my dad was born. It's like triple trifecta of cool.

not mine, but this is what it looks like:

Pretty cool about that coin Whoey :cheers: :like: :like:

+1   :like:
Newbie Posts: 19
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 11:05:09 PM »
I carry a 1987 (birth year) American Silver Eagle on my EDC bag

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

No Life Club Posts: 1,754 Be like The Rifleman
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 04:21:57 AM »
In early 2000's I carried a Georgia State stamped quarter. It was recived in change from buying an Allman Brothers lawn seat ticket at SPAC.

CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,172 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 05:58:03 AM »
When I was 6 or 7 my father would travel to different countries for work on a regular basis so he would always bring me paper money and coins from those countries. He gave me a Nigerian coin. One Naira. It is a very thick coin which I believe is what drew me to carrying that coin as a child. If I remember correctly I only carried it for 6 months or so but always had it close by in the house. Then it disappeared until I randomly found it probably 3 months ago. It brought back a lot of memories and I have been carrying it occasionally when I need a bit of "luck". I remember flicking it up and catching it as a child. First thing I did when I found it was flick it which made me remember how satisfying it was when you use such a thick coin. Hope I never misplace it again.

I'm the milk man!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 11,704 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
The only coin I really used to carry was a normal quarter in case we stopped at a store where you needed a quarter in order to use the shopping carts. But I always wanted a little something to carry with a little meaning, and today I finally got a little something, I got me our 10yr anniversary poker chip! And maybe Monday I should be getting our Swiss army knights poker chip! Can't wait!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,622 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2017, 02:40:10 PM »
In early 2000's I carried a Georgia State stamped quarter. It was recived in change from buying an Allman Brothers lawn seat ticket at SPAC.

Years ago I carried a Georgia quarter with a peach on it to remind me of a young lady I used to know from Georgia. 

I don't know where the quarter got to over the years, and I feel bad about that as she passed away a few years ago.

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $131.00
PayPal Fees: $8.08
Net Balance: $122.92
Below Goal: $152.08
Site Currency: USD
45% 
October Donations

Community Links