Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC coin / lucky coin?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: EDC coin / lucky coin?
Reply #30 on: March 17, 2017, 03:31:11 AM
I think they could cut down on the number of coins for euros...
(Image removed from quote.)

OT: I'm planning to carry the Johnson Gasolene/Chicago Worlds fair 1933 (a century of progress 1833-1933) commemorative coin I just got. I plan to clean it up a tad as it's a bit dirty, and I'm not concerned with the face value. It's more about Johnson (my last name) and Johnson Gasolene/Oil from Chicago,  and the world fair of Chicago where my dad was born. It's like triple trifecta of cool.

not mine, but this is what it looks like:

Pretty cool about that coin Whoey :cheers: :like: :like:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 04:33:09 AM
I think they could cut down on the number of coins for euros...

OT: I'm planning to carry the Johnson Gasolene/Chicago Worlds fair 1933 (a century of progress 1833-1933) commemorative coin I just got. I plan to clean it up a tad as it's a bit dirty, and I'm not concerned with the face value. It's more about Johnson (my last name) and Johnson Gasolene/Oil from Chicago,  and the world fair of Chicago where my dad was born. It's like triple trifecta of cool.

not mine, but this is what it looks like:

Pretty cool about that coin Whoey :cheers: :like: :like:

+1   :like:

us Offline WolfHunter3877

Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 11:05:09 PM
I carry a 1987 (birth year) American Silver Eagle on my EDC bag

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 04:21:57 AM
In early 2000's I carried a Georgia State stamped quarter. It was recived in change from buying an Allman Brothers lawn seat ticket at SPAC.

CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 05:58:03 AM
When I was 6 or 7 my father would travel to different countries for work on a regular basis so he would always bring me paper money and coins from those countries. He gave me a Nigerian coin. One Naira. It is a very thick coin which I believe is what drew me to carrying that coin as a child. If I remember correctly I only carried it for 6 months or so but always had it close by in the house. Then it disappeared until I randomly found it probably 3 months ago. It brought back a lot of memories and I have been carrying it occasionally when I need a bit of "luck". I remember flicking it up and catching it as a child. First thing I did when I found it was flick it which made me remember how satisfying it was when you use such a thick coin. Hope I never misplace it again.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 08:06:43 AM
The only coin I really used to carry was a normal quarter in case we stopped at a store where you needed a quarter in order to use the shopping carts. But I always wanted a little something to carry with a little meaning, and today I finally got a little something, I got me our 10yr anniversary poker chip! And maybe Monday I should be getting our Swiss army knights poker chip! Can't wait!
JR
IMG_6742.PNG
* IMG_6742.PNG (Filesize: 159.86 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #36 on: April 23, 2017, 02:40:10 PM
In early 2000's I carried a Georgia State stamped quarter. It was recived in change from buying an Allman Brothers lawn seat ticket at SPAC.

Years ago I carried a Georgia quarter with a peach on it to remind me of a young lady I used to know from Georgia. 

I don't know where the quarter got to over the years, and I feel bad about that as she passed away a few years ago.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%