Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Iron Fist on Netflix

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Iron Fist on Netflix
on: March 17, 2017, 04:43:19 PM
I just noticed that Iron Fist is now on Netflix.  Any one watched it yet?

I really enjoyed Daredevil, Jessica Jones was not really that interesting, and so I really didn't get into Luke Cage either.  I've been waiting for the Punisher and kind of forgot they were doing Iron Fist.

I'm looking forward to watching it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Iron Fist on Netflix
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:14:03 PM
Yup, watching it now, the joys of an American credit card and Netflix account.

Pretty good so far  :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 05:27:30 PM

I just noticed that Iron Fist is now on Netflix.  Any one watched it yet?

I really enjoyed Daredevil, Jessica Jones was not really that interesting, and so I really didn't get into Luke Cage either.  I've been waiting for the Punisher and kind of forgot they were doing Iron Fist.

I'm looking forward to watching it!

Def
The nurse from daredevil seemed to make her way into all three...  :facepalm: and you just know she'll be in Punisher...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 05:47:50 PM
lol just worked out that it's on netflix UK as well  :facepalm:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 05:53:19 PM
When you hire a big name access like Rosario Dawson, you want to make as much use of her as possible.

Besides, they need a common thread to pull them all together as the Defenders.  What better common thread for a bunch of non-super powered mortals than a nurse that stitches people up in her living room and keeps quiet about it?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 06:30:26 PM
Don't tell my wife but I've already watched episode 1 without her. :-[  So far so good I'd say.

Grant, I'd say you'd definitely want to make the time to watch Luke Cage, a better series than Jessica Jones IMO and far more on a par with Daredevil.  Not that I thought JJ was bad mind you, but a bit slow compared to the others.  David Tennant is fabulously creepy as The Purple Man. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 07:46:37 PM
I'll probably check out Luke Cage.  I mean, Iron Fist just isn't Iron Fist without Power Man, right?

First episode of Iron Fist was really good by the way.  I really enjoyed it.

Def

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 11:17:02 AM
It's in my queue.

I'm actually behind in quite a few Superhero shows.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 04:13:05 PM
I'm about halfway through the second episode and I am thinking I should probably put it on hold before I go any further and watch Luke Cage before I stumble across something that happened in Luke Cage that I should know about.

Def

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 06:49:22 PM
The wife and I will probably start watching it tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 06:50:58 PM
loving it so far. on episode 5 now
If I can help, let me know 

dk Offline Troels

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 07:03:39 PM
Its even available in tiny Denmark  ;)
It sounds like a good series. I am considering to due a half maraton to night ... hand-candying some multitools :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:15:34 PM
I am finding it hard to resist binge watching the rest of it.  I've decided to stop where I am and watch Luke Cage first.

Before watching Season 2 of Daredevil I went back and re-watched the first season, and before watching Season 2 of Voltron I re-watched the first season, so I really have no excuse when it comes to skipping Luke Cage.

Def

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 11:37:56 AM

Same here on all counts, never got through JJ or LC, Iron Fist started very slow but it's picking up speed, worth the watch so far....I'm up to EP5

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 01:33:31 PM
I'm on Episode 3 of Luke Cage right now, and so far it is better than I was expecting it to be.  I'm really looking forward to seeing some serious Power Man action, but I believe that is about to happen.

I'm glad I decided to check it out.

Def

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:10:31 PM
Ok, I admit it, I've just gone ahead and started watching this without my wife.  Is it unfair that so far I think Danny Rand is a bit "wet"?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:50:27 PM
We watched the first 3 episodes Saturday night and enjoyed it so far :tu:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 03:05:09 PM
Ok, I admit it, I've just gone ahead and started watching this without my wife.  Is it unfair that so far I think Danny Rand is a bit "wet"?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "wet?"

Def

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 03:43:31 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "wet?"

Def

He's just a bit whiny and childish, or so it seems to me.  Reminds me (in a lesser way) of Hayden Christensen in Star Wars.  Of course it can be argued that he's not lived a normal life since he was 10 and perhaps needs to find his way in the western world, but given that he's spend 15 years being trained to be one of the world's greatest kun-fu masters he spends a lot of time not knowing what to do and having the wool pulled over his eyes.  I feel like saying "suck it up Danny, you're a big boy now".  It's still not a bad show at all, but I'm struggling to identify with him.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:47:19 PM by Gareth »

england Offline Kev D

Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:42 PM
I watched all the luke cage, I'll add this to my watch list once I get my tinternet back.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 05:55:08 PM

Give him time

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 01:01:14 AM
It could be argued that, even prior to age ten he didn't have a "normal" life. Unless you count occasionally flying around the world in your family's private jet normal.

It seems odd to me that the monks would thrust someone with that much importance into a world he is unfamiliar with, with no attempts to re-acclimate him before he went.  It also seems that an important part of magical warrior monk doctrine would include suppression of poisons, so I find it odd that he gets drugged as easily as he does.

But then I haven't gotten back to it yet. I did put a good dent in Luke Cage though.  He's just met Judas, and I'm saying it that way so those who have seen it will know where I am but it won't be a spoiler first anyone who hasn't.

Def

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 11:12:26 AM
It could be argued that, even prior to age ten he didn't have a "normal" life. Unless you count occasionally flying around the world in your family's private jet normal.

It seems odd to me that the monks would thrust someone with that much importance into a world he is unfamiliar with, with no attempts to re-acclimate him before he went.  It also seems that an important part of magical warrior monk doctrine would include suppression of poisons, so I find it odd that he gets drugged as easily as he does.

But then I haven't gotten back to it yet. I did put a good dent in Luke Cage though.  He's just met Judas, and I'm saying it that way so those who have seen it will know where I am but it won't be a spoiler first anyone who hasn't.

Def
I watched 4 (or 5) episodes then stopped... I kinda miss the spiritual / monk / Buddhist side. It only flares up occasionally and feels alien then... mostly he is really attached to symbols of the past (his name and his company). It feels like he had a miserable life with the monks and is drawn back to the life as he knew it as a kid. That clashes with him being a super enlightened Kung-Fu master.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 12:08:26 PM
Just finished episode 3 this morning. I will agree. Not what I expected...but there is enough there to make me keep watching in hopes things get better later on.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 01:38:28 PM
I've only watched 1 and a half episodes of Iron Fist, so maybe I am missing something, but I got the feeling that while his duty to Kun Lu'un was not a secret, it was also not really something he was trying to advertise either.

Also, monks work in mysterious ways- perhaps his training isn't complete and reclaiming his old identity is part of a test or rite of passage?

Def

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 07:08:58 PM
Just watched the first one, it was a bit of a slow start.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 09:07:37 AM
I've done a bit of binge watching and am up to episode 5. 

For a kung-fu master and living weapon he gets drugged a lot and gets his butt kicked quite a bit until his iron fist chi kicks in mid fight. He explains that a bit in one episode but I can't say I'm too impressed at the mo, hopefully it gets better. 

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 11:45:51 AM
It doesn't. I just binged the series and finished it last night. I was hoping that things would get more interesting...and they really don't. I won't get into details, but I am with Gareth on his opinion of the anti-hero. He whines, doesn't think, does stupid smurf, etc. I can't really get into him as a character. In fact, I was rooting for the bad guys to knock him off in the last two episodes.  :facepalm:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 11:52:23 AM
Finished now and it's OK, but I've seen better.  If you concentrate on the characters around him then you might enjoy it more.  I particularly enjoyed Ward Meachum's story arc.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%