Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Iron Fist on Netflix

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Iron Fist on Netflix
Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 07:50:36 PM
It does seem like he has a lot of growing up to do indeed.  The fish out of water aspect I can understand since he is new to the Western World (relatively), but he seems to be a little immature to have been given the Iron Fist.  I would think that a timeless monastery would have at least taught him to think about things before he did them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 12:20:00 AM
In a later episode, The Iron Fist states he didn't finish his training. That could account for some of that. I just find him annoying at best. Now with that said, will I continue the series if they continue...yes. I am a bit curious to see how or if he grows up.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: March 25, 2017, 01:00:49 AM
For a guy who is supposed to be a serious martial artist that managed to beat everyone he's ever faced, he sure seems to get hit a lot.... and make some pretty stupid mistakes.

I am still enjoying it though, he just doesn't seem to be much better at fighting than a certain blind lawyer who boxes and brawls.  I thought martial artists were supposed to use more finesse?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:54 AM
I've watched it all now and I'm, afraid that I probably got my hopes up too high. A bit like DD I hope that season 2 brings it all together.

Luke Cage I liked because it was dark and brooding
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 04:33:40 PM
I just finished watching the second season of Luke Cage on Netflix and my mind is blown.

To be honest I wasn't overly thrilled with the first season, and like Jessica Jones I mostly watched it so that I could be up on the Defenders, Iron Fist etc.  I wasn't really looking forward to a second season of Luke Cage, but now that I have seen it I cannot wait for Season 3. 

I did not see it coming....

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%