Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BO wave With dedicated drivers?

crokan · 19 · 1260

se Offline crokan

• im modding as fast as i can okay??
BO wave With dedicated drivers?
on: March 17, 2017, 04:49:51 PM
Hi guys after playing around alot with my waves (can be seen in time to start my wave mods)
I have finally setteled on one of my settups! (probably... still not completely sure about the scissors)

Here is the Dedicated Wave!

IMG_0448.JPG
* IMG_0448.JPG (Filesize: 324.49 KB)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:54:06 PM by crokan »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: BO wave With dedicated drivers?
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 04:51:23 PM
 :like: :cheers: :tu:

Offline george1

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:11:42 AM
Hi Crokan,
Nice work and nearly what l am currently planning for a Wave - the parts are on their way from Loki.
Basically l was going to do the same but l was going to keep the large flat driver and loose the tiny scissors. These will be replaced by Wingman scissors or maybe SAK scissors instead of the serrated knife.

Did you have any issues when you removed the plier rests? My donor wave is a newer one with the thicker rests rather than the earlier flimsy ones that can be easily bent out of the way.

Cheers George
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:13:05 AM by george1 »

se Offline crokan

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:54:24 AM
Hi Crokan,
Nice work and nearly what l am currently planning for a Wave - the parts are on their way from Loki.
Basically l was going to do the same but l was going to keep the large flat driver and loose the tiny scissors. These will be replaced by Wingman scissors or maybe SAK scissors instead of the serrated knife.

Did you have any issues when you removed the plier rests? My donor wave is a newer one with the thicker rests rather than the earlier flimsy ones that can be easily bent out of the way.

Cheers George

hi man i have the same one, it was no problem at all just take a tiny screwdriver and bend it out when the plierhead is removed :) and then hammer the pin that holds the lockspring down to size

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 01:18:59 AM
Very solid setup crokan :tu: :like: :like:

se Offline crokan

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 01:28:08 AM
thanks :D was thinking about outside scissors but everything allready there feels more important.. only thing i can skip would be plainedge blade since i always carry a pocket knife but .. always good to have buut i could skip the scissors overall and put in an extra driver i guess

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 01:34:59 AM
thanks :D was thinking about outside scissors but everything allready there feels more important.. only thing i can skip would be plainedge blade since i always carry a pocket knife but .. always good to have buut i could skip the scissors overall and put in an extra driver i guess

I would keep the scissors and you could always track down ine if the bit adapters that fit over the LM square Phillips and make it a bit driver that will work with the flat bits and regular hex bits :tu:

se Offline crokan

Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 02:08:18 AM

I would keep the scissors and you could always track down ine if the bit adapters that fit over the LM square Phillips and make it a bit driver that will work with the flat bits and regular hex bits :tu:

vety true! great point mate!  :tu:

Offline george1

Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 04:57:30 AM
hi man i have the same one, it was no problem at all just take a tiny screwdriver and bend it out when the plierhead is removed :) and then hammer the pin that holds the lockspring down to size

So just to clarify, you bent the thicker type of Wave plier post with a screwdriver?
I thought that it looks too thick to bend out of the way and l was thinking of filing them off or even putting them on the mill.
Also as l'm new to this game, l'm not sure which pin l need to hammer down to size?
Cheers
George

se Offline crokan

Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 11:57:21 AM

So just to clarify, you bent the thicker type of Wave plier post with a screwdriver?
I thought that it looks too thick to bend out of the way and l was thinking of filing them off or even putting them on the mill.
Also as l'm new to this game, l'm not sure which pin l need to hammer down to size?
Cheers
George

Can try o take a picture or two

i removed the bladelock and the plier rest pin completely, did you wanna save the bladelock and just remove the pin?

Offline george1

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 01:22:56 PM

i removed the bladelock and the plier rest pin completely, did you wanna save the bladelock and just remove the pin?

Hi Crokan,

Thanks for your explanation, this will only be my third mod a most complicated  - the first was a Kick with a saw and scissors and the second was a PST Il with a pocket clip.

Yes my plan was to just remove the plier rest pin.

Do you think the big phillips and the awl + long small screwdriver will work if l just file/mill away the plier rest pin?

I think l now  know what you ended up doing. I guess the blade lock needs to come out in order to fit the rebar plier head.

At this point in time l was going to leave the Wave pliers.

Cheers

George

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 08:18:08 AM
Hi guys after playing around alot with my waves (can be seen in time to start my wave mods)
I have finally setteled on one of my settups! (probably... still not completely sure about the scissors)

Here is the Dedicated Wave!

(Image removed from quote.)

Nicely done crokan.   :tu:   :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:07 AM

Hi Crokan,

Thanks for your explanation, this will only be my third mod a most complicated  - the first was a Kick with a saw and scissors and the second was a PST Il with a pocket clip.

Yes my plan was to just remove the plier rest pin.

Do you think the big phillips and the awl + long small screwdriver will work if l just file/mill away the plier rest pin?

I think l now  know what you ended up doing. I guess the blade lock needs to come out in order to fit the rebar plier head.

At this point in time l was going to leave the Wave pliers.

Cheers

George

The plier rest is removed to fit the 3d phillips in.
The blade safety lock is removed to lower the 3d phillips when used with the rebar head so that the handles can close.
Sometimes the tolerances are off so remove the pin and check the fit first before removing the blade safety lock.
The wave scissors can also cause the handle gap.
If you get stuck, holler.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:50 PM
I really love it.  I don't at all like the eyeglass screwdriver.  I might have tried to trade your scissors for a large flat head.  Nice work though man -- not a fan of bit exchangers in the tool itself. 

se Offline crokan

Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 12:07:11 AM
I really love it.  I don't at all like the eyeglass screwdriver.  I might have tried to trade your scissors for a large flat head.  Nice work though man -- not a fan of bit exchangers in the tool itself.

Yeah the large bit driver is What im currently debating with myself if it would be more usefull or not

Offline george1

Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 12:13:04 AM

Agreed. The bit exchangers seem like an awesome idea but l recently came to the conclusion that a 3D phillips, a small/med screwdriver nd a large screwdriver are all that are really needed as far as drivers go. The 3D phillips has a bit kit and this is superior to the normal Wave/Charge driver set up.

My plan is to go with the above 3 drivers and have;
a) an awl and a can opener and change the serrated blade for the Wingman/SAK scissors
or b) keep the original scissors and choose between the awl and the can opener

If only there was room for one extra tool on the Wave...

George

se Offline crokan

Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 12:17:39 AM

Agreed. The bit exchangers seem like an awesome idea but l recently came to the conclusion that a 3D phillips, a small/med screwdriver nd a large screwdriver are all that are really needed as far as drivers go. The 3D phillips has a bit kit and this is superior to the normal Wave/Charge driver set up.

My plan is to go with the above 3 drivers and have;
a) an awl and a can opener and change the serrated blade for the Wingman/SAK scissors
or b) keep the original scissors and choose between the awl and the can opener

If only there was room for one extra tool on the Wave...

George

Do Zoidbergs combo tool: serrated blade awl and bottleopener ;D

Offline george1

Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 12:23:25 AM
Do Zoidbergs combo tool: serrated blade awl and bottleopener ;D

I'm intrigued, do you have a link?

se Offline crokan

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!