Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Liner thickness on 111mm knives

Offline Turbo T Terry

Liner thickness on 111mm knives
on: March 17, 2017, 09:42:23 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before and my search missed it, but do the liner thicknesses or materials vary between 111mm slide lock and liner lock knives (other than the lock liner, of course)? Or between models in a given line?

In particular, are the outer liners different? I know the pin sizes vary, but are the liners also heavier on the liner lock knives or on the knives with more layers? They look like they might be, but I was hoping one of you mod experts had measured them.

Thanks.

us Offline Forklift

Re: Liner thickness on 111mm knives
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:35:36 AM
The liners appear to be the same thickness.  They are aluminum for both liner and slide lock.  The biggest difference is that the divider that serves as the liner lock is stainless steel compared to aluminum on the slide lock which makes the liner locks a little heavier but also makes them feel sturdier.
 I was a big fan of the slide locks until I got a couple of liner locks.  Now I think that the liner locks are superior in every way except weight.  My biggest gripe about the slide locks is that the cap lifter/ screwdriver looks silly on the slide locks; it is too small for the size of the knife.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 95.89 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24