Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you display your SAK?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: How do you display your SAK?
Reply #60 on: March 24, 2017, 04:52:24 PM
Don't get me wrong!
My display is in a locked off room under the protection of an alarm system. (Not kidding)

It's for me and my girlfriend to see, nobody else unless I let them in.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #61 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:42 PM
Don't get me wrong!
My display is in a locked off room under the protection of an alarm system. (Not kidding)

Ah yes.. In case someone gets the wrong impression... Or sticky fingers.  :facepalm:  :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: March 24, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
Don't get me wrong!

Ah yes.. In case someone gets the wrong impression... Or sticky fingers.  :facepalm:  :ahhh
Something along those lines ;)

Never know who to thrust these days... unfortunatly...

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #63 on: March 24, 2017, 10:01:39 PM
Don't get me wrong!

You can trust me, I'm a Knight. I'll keep them safe for you if you want me to.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #64 on: March 24, 2017, 10:36:20 PM
Don't get me wrong!

:rofl:
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:22:10 PM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:25 PM
Don't get me wrong!

Oh Ronald, I'm sure your SAK hotel is pretty crowded already :rofl: :cheers:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #66 on: March 25, 2017, 12:16:12 AM
Yes, security is important. I have 2 guard cats on duty most of the time.

Love the display cases. I started off like that but ended up running out of room quickly. The tool boxes maximize my floor space.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Forklift

Reply #67 on: March 25, 2017, 06:24:20 AM
If you have 50 or less knives a large tackle box is a great option.  It works for storage or display.   
Of course 30-50 SAKs is a transitional phase.  I am a 30 year user/ 2 year collector.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 111.86 KB)

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #68 on: March 25, 2017, 05:43:19 PM
 :like:

Great storage ideas and collections guys  :2tu:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #69 on: March 25, 2017, 06:20:48 PM
I got more hooks so I did a little work to hang the little guys. Only thing is I think the hooks are kinda big, but still looks ok..
JR
IMG_6464.PNG
* IMG_6464.PNG (Filesize: 266.82 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #70 on: March 25, 2017, 06:33:00 PM
I got more hooks so I did a little work to hang the little guys. Only thing is I think the hooks are kinda big, but still looks ok..
JR
If you follow the edge of the display with the hooks, you'll have one SAK a little over the other, showing every SAK a little by peeping out on top instead of hiding in a row.
Front viewed ofcourse...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: March 25, 2017, 06:46:23 PM
JR
If you follow the edge of the display with the hooks, you'll have one SAK a little over the other, showing every SAK a little by peeping out on top instead of hiding in a row.
Front viewed ofcourse...
You mean running another row above this one? Their too long, but, if their narrow enough they fit right between the hooks
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #72 on: March 25, 2017, 07:44:34 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
You mean running another row above this one? Their too long, but, if their narrow enough they fit right between the hooks
JR
Nope, I mean moving the current row along the edge of the display.
Just a thought :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: March 25, 2017, 07:46:10 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
Kinda like what I did with the smaller ones?
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: March 25, 2017, 09:00:32 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
That's still horizontal...
Just a sec, I'll draw it. ;)

Although they look like organised peppers in my drawing, I'm guessing you catch my drift now :D

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #75 on: March 25, 2017, 09:03:20 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
(Image removed from quote.)
Although they look like organised peppers in my drawing, I'm guessing you catch my drift now :D

Organized peppers psh!
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #76 on: March 25, 2017, 09:11:38 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
That's what I did with the first four until they were to the hight of a 91-93 sak.
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: March 25, 2017, 09:36:58 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
That's what I did with the first four until they were to the hight of a 91-93 sak.
JR
Ok, I rest my case.
But like I said, just my thought :D :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #78 on: March 25, 2017, 09:46:15 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
JR
Ok, I rest my case.
I get the point and I kinda like the idea, only problem is if I switch things around there's going to be holes, that and idk if there would be enough length to hook them all, and if I get more?
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: March 25, 2017, 11:36:08 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
JR
Ok, I rest my case.
I get the point and I kinda like the idea, only problem is if I switch things around there's going to be holes, that and idk if there would be enough length to hook them all, and if I get more?
JR
More?
Nobody around here gets more?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #80 on: March 25, 2017, 11:41:52 PM
JR
Front viewed ofcourse...
JR
JR
Uhm, no...
JR
Ok, I rest my case.
JR
More?
Of course not!
JR

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #81 on: March 26, 2017, 03:51:02 AM

[/quote]
More?
[/quote]
Of course not!
JR
[/quote]

Speaking of more... will someone please help me decide which knife to edc from a couple recent acquisitions.    I'm a little torn.  Vic Soldier '03 or new Pioneer.  The Vic has seen some action already, but still in pretty good shape.  The Pioneer.... it's so new and beautiful, it could stay perfect on the shelf....  but...  they're still in production and all....    I wish I thought this much about selecting my health insurance!  lol!
 :whistle:
Btw here's the current display, I keep re-categorizing the rows, which is fun. 
WP_20170325_18_41_28_Pro.jpg
* WP_20170325_18_41_28_Pro.jpg (Filesize: 123.25 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: March 26, 2017, 09:07:09 AM
Carry the Soldier for a while.
If you like the package it offers, you can still break in the Pioneer.
Or get another Pioneer to keep 1 as a user and the other for the bling :D

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #83 on: March 26, 2017, 06:02:14 PM

Thanks Mechanickal!    :cheers:

So I did EXACTLY what you said and got another new Pioneer.  :rofl:    I justified the purchase for these reasons:  1)Just sold a knife on the bay 2) the Pioneer I already had has a damaged box, and I'd like one with a perfect box on the shelf 3)Got the new Pioneer on a buy now offer for $25, shipping included. I feel good, I don't have a problem.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:11:37 PM by El Corkscrew »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #84 on: March 26, 2017, 08:02:03 PM

Thanks Mechanickal!    :cheers:

So I did EXACTLY what you said and got another new Pioneer.  :rofl:    I justified the purchase for these reasons:  1)Just sold a knife on the bay 2) the Pioneer I already had has a damaged box, and I'd like one with a perfect box on the shelf 3)Got the new Pioneer on a buy now offer for $25, shipping included. I feel good, I don't have a problem.  :facepalm:
Well I bought the Cybertool 41 myself last week.
Didn't sell anything, didn't need it per se, but drooled over it for 5 months.

Eventualy I bought one with the explaination "I'll live only once, better enjoy it"

So if you're happy with it El C, there is nothing or nobody who can have anything against it.
Enjoy buddy! The Pioneer is an elegant piece of art that looks as good in a backpack as in a tuxedo pocket.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
[quote author=Mechanickal

Eventualy I bought one with the explaination "I'll live only once, better enjoy it"

So if you're happy with it El C, there is nothing or nobody who can have anything against it.
Enjoy buddy! The Pioneer is an elegant piece of art that looks as good in a backpack as in a tuxedo pocket.

Exactly!   :cheers:  Here he is basking in the warm Arizona sun.

And now  :b2t:   :D
WP_20170326_09_23_43_Pro (3).jpg
* WP_20170326_09_23_43_Pro (3).jpg (Filesize: 481.59 KB)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:25:58 PM by El Corkscrew »

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: March 27, 2017, 10:29:48 PM
One of the simplest ways of storing and always an eyecatcher:

The bucket method:

If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #87 on: March 27, 2017, 11:16:41 PM

The bucket method:

I'll have to put that on my bucket list!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #88 on: March 27, 2017, 11:33:30 PM

The bucket method:

I'll have to put that on my bucket list!
JR

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #89 on: April 10, 2017, 10:05:55 AM
Top - Spartan St.
Mid - Plus Scale Pl.
Bottom - some of the heavy stuff

I think El Corkscrew needs to get a new display in the works... something "real nice"
WP_20170410_00_46_53_Pro.jpg
* WP_20170410_00_46_53_Pro.jpg (Filesize: 158.06 KB)
0bf43d6813a189121d717741f897401e.jpg
* 0bf43d6813a189121d717741f897401e.jpg (Filesize: 23.26 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%