Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tinker Tuesday!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Tinker Tuesday!
Reply #90 on: June 06, 2017, 03:06:21 PM
Standard Tinker for Tinker Tuesday!
1496754419724.jpg
* 1496754419724.jpg (Filesize: 227.32 KB)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:08:06 PM by Barry Rowland »
Barry

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #91 on: June 06, 2017, 03:13:11 PM
Nice one Bazza!  :cheers:
Fancy Phoenix El Tinker for me today (cheers El-C, this Tinker is fudging marvellous  :salute:)
WP_20170606_007.jpg
* WP_20170606_007.jpg (Filesize: 150.53 KB)
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline rivercity

Reply #92 on: June 06, 2017, 03:25:26 PM
Small Tinker  :cheers:

Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #93 on: June 06, 2017, 03:46:45 PM
 :like: Gotta love it Mags!!  :cheers:  Nice small Tinker RC!
Barry

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: June 06, 2017, 04:25:54 PM
Just another Tinker day...  :cheers:
WP_20170606_15_15_42_Pro.jpg
* WP_20170606_15_15_42_Pro.jpg (Filesize: 176.46 KB)
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

Offline scott4526

Tinker Tuesday!
Reply #95 on: June 06, 2017, 04:49:29 PM
Came in yesterday. Just in time for Tinker Tuesday. Straight from the box into the pocket slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:51:54 PM by scott4526 »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #96 on: June 06, 2017, 04:50:20 PM
Came in yesterday. Just in time for Tinker Tuesday. Straight from the box into the pocket slip. (Image removed from quote.)

Sweet Dude!

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #97 on: June 06, 2017, 04:53:54 PM
Came in yesterday. Just in time for Tinker Tuesday. Straight from the box into the pocket slip.(Image removed from quote.)

:like: :like: :like: :tu:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: June 06, 2017, 07:22:06 PM
The Tinker was my first SAK acquisition in 2016 and has a special place in my affections!

When I first joined this board, I recalled having two "knock-off" SAKs in the latter part of the 70s.  Since that time, I am remembering a genuine SAK in the latter 60s to early 70s.  I can't remember the tool set but remember it being thicker than I wanted to carry in my pocket.  The MacGyver series gained more attention for Swiss Army Knives among the viewing audience.  I remember thinking that it would really be nice if the larger SAKs were as easy to use as the Classic SD that I received as a gift.  I remember that my "knock-off" SAKs were finger nail busters and I finally decided that deploying the knife and tools just wasn't worth it.  It wasn't until the fall of 2016 in the midst of a multi-tool buying surge that I decided to give the Tinker a try.  That purchase opened the flood gates for me as I went on a full out Victorinox buying spree.

Seeing this thread brought a smile to my face and the need to acknowledge that I owe much to the venerable Tinker for opening the door to so much utility and enjoyment!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #99 on: June 06, 2017, 08:01:54 PM
The Tinker was my first SAK acquisition in 2016 and has a special place in my affections!

When I first joined this board, I recalled having two "knock-off" SAKs in the latter part of the 70s.  Since that time, I am remembering a genuine SAK in the latter 60s to early 70s.  I can't remember the tool set but remember it being thicker than I wanted to carry in my pocket.  The MacGyver series gained more attention for Swiss Army Knives among the viewing audience.  I remember thinking that it would really be nice if the larger SAKs were as easy to use as the Classic SD that I received as a gift.  I remember that my "knock-off" SAKs were finger nail busters and I finally decided that deploying the knife and tools just wasn't worth it.  It wasn't until the fall of 2016 in the midst of a multi-tool buying surge that I decided to give the Tinker a try.  That purchase opened the flood gates for me as I went on a full out Victorinox buying spree.

Seeing this thread brought a smile to my face and the need to acknowledge that I owe much to the venerable Tinker for opening the door to so much utility and enjoyment!

It was my first SAK, given to me by my dad in 1989.  :salute:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #100 on: June 06, 2017, 09:59:15 PM
Carried my Tinker Small today. I've had it for years and only recently dug it out to remind myself what a great little pocket knife it is. Gotta love 84mm !!

* IMAG0695.jpg (Filesize: 10.49 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #101 on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:00 PM

Looks like your Tinker enjoyed nicer weather that mine saw today Barry  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #102 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:22 PM
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: June 06, 2017, 10:45:42 PM

It was my first SAK, given to me by my dad in 1989.  :salute:

Very important memory!

I don't think my father even owned a pocket knife.  My grandfather who lived with us was never without one.  My younger brother and eye watched him with admiration as he used his knife for daily tasks.  Those nostalgic recollections led me to acquire some gentleman's folding knives and eventually to Swiss Army Knives.

:salute:

Offline scott4526

Reply #104 on: June 07, 2017, 02:18:08 AM

There's just something about the Tinker and the Spartan. I keep trying more layers but always come back to these two. For the money a two layer SAK cannot be beat and the variety of scales available it's easy to go on a buying spree. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #105 on: June 07, 2017, 02:24:46 AM

There's just something about the Tinker and the Spartan. I keep trying more layers but always come back to these two. For the money a two layer SAK cannot be beat and the variety of scales available it's easy to go on a buying spree. 

:like: yep, my sentence is just a little longer - There's just something about the Tinker and the Spartan and the Compact.  :D

Offline scott4526

Reply #106 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:43 AM

:like: yep, my sentence is just a little longer - There's just something about the Tinker and the Spartan and the Compact.  :D
Looks like I need to start shopping for a Compact

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #107 on: June 07, 2017, 02:31:10 AM

The possibility-of-regret factor is incredibly low... perhaps negative.

here's one for a really good price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Compact-Knife-Red-54941B-BNIB-/272630148284?hash=item3f7a05ecbc:g:YEUAAOSwi7RZNaRs

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: June 07, 2017, 11:14:39 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Compact-Knife-Red-54941B-BNIB-/272630148284?hash=item3f7a05ecbc:g:YEUAAOSwi7RZNaRs

Nice to see you sticking by your beloved Compact mate  :cheers:

It's a lovely two layer Sak for sure  :tu:
Unfortunately for me the lack of good drivers and small blade have stopped me from buying one for EDC so far...
That one looks like a good price though  :salute:

But still prefer these though...  :drool:  :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Tinker-Small-Swiss-Army-Knife-With-Split-Screwdriver-By-Victorinox-249-/292139699461?hash=item4404e20d05:g:1pkAAOSwX9FZKMe2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Small-Tinker-84mm-No-Keyring-/112431528408?hash=item1a2d70f9d8:g:nNsAAOSwDiBZNI5E
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:27:46 AM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #109 on: June 07, 2017, 05:14:27 PM

Nice to see you sticking by your beloved Compact mate  :cheers:

It's a lovely two layer Sak for sure  :tu:
Unfortunately for me the lack of good drivers and small blade have stopped me from buying one for EDC so far...
That one looks like a good price though  :salute:

But still prefer these though...  :drool:  :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Tinker-Small-Swiss-Army-Knife-With-Split-Screwdriver-By-Victorinox-249-/292139699461?hash=item4404e20d05:g:1pkAAOSwX9FZKMe2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Small-Tinker-84mm-No-Keyring-/112431528408?hash=item1a2d70f9d8:g:nNsAAOSwDiBZNI5E

watching

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #110 on: June 08, 2017, 10:23:56 AM
It sure didn't last long Bill!!

Looks like your Tinker enjoyed nicer weather that mine saw today Barry  :cheers:
Barry

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #111 on: June 13, 2017, 12:48:08 PM
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #112 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:24 PM
 :like: :like:
1497352635828.jpg
* 1497352635828.jpg (Filesize: 166.46 KB)
Barry

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #114 on: June 13, 2017, 02:47:15 PM
El Phoenix Tinker:
WP_20170613_004.jpg
* WP_20170613_004.jpg (Filesize: 299.08 KB)

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #115 on: June 13, 2017, 04:59:21 PM
El Tinker Reg reporting  :salute:
WP_20170613_07_38_44_Rich (2).jpg
* WP_20170613_07_38_44_Rich (2).jpg (Filesize: 165.37 KB)

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #116 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:15 PM
Super Tinker!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #117 on: June 13, 2017, 10:47:25 PM
Tinker Small today. Still loving' 84 mm

* IMAG0704.jpg (Filesize: 14.09 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

Offline Jibs182

Reply #118 on: June 14, 2017, 12:16:51 AM

The Tinker is one of my all time favorites. Here is mine. Black "Plus" scales, pen and straight pin.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #119 on: June 14, 2017, 01:23:36 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

The Tinker is one of my all time favorites. Here is mine. Black "Plus" scales, pen and straight pin.

:like: :like: :like:

You don't see many Tinker +'s... did you change the scales yourself?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%