Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

After all these years.

Zed · 7 · 980

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
After all these years.
on: March 19, 2017, 11:13:17 AM
Well after years of trying out pretty much every MT out there and trying different edc combos ,carry a knife plus a MT, I've evolved my edc to such a minimal setup.At one point it was all about a MT with add ons, like the wave or surge with all the extras,then I just wanted a dedicated MT with no extras,then I carried a keychain tool with scissors ,then just wanted scissors on my MT  :ahhh my MT's went from medium sized to large then small then medium  :ahhh on and on ,finnaly ending up with a juice ,no torch and no extra knife,it's funny how we all evolve in this MT crazy world  :rofl:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: After all these years.
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 11:19:09 AM
my setup has been the same all these years: MT + SAK + Torch + Knife

only thing that changes is the specific tools  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 11:38:39 AM
my setup has been the same all these years: MT + SAK + Torch + Knife

(Image removed from quote.)

only thing that changes is the specific tools  :salute:

:tu: mine was a torch a knife and a MT for years but as only used the torch now and then and due to weight decided that 2 blades was too much for me as in the UK out laws suck and being pulled up on just a MT can be hard to explain but another knife as well  :-\ ,back too torches ,I do carry my old mini maglite in my backpack and my led lenser p3 at work and use it alot there, for home maintenance and camping I carrya old super tool and a 3 Dcell Maglite,plus my stockman slipjoint and a Mora,but daily edc a juice cs4 or pst oh and my old Gshock  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:29:00 PM
Its very interesting how each of us go thru variations of tools carried.  My work carry is one thing while my off day carry is currently being evaluated.  In some cases I just like to carry stuff so thats reason enough.  Other times I just want to very minimum so for me this is where lines have to be drawn with regard to items. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:31:23 PM
I'm the same Aloha, while out on a long walk I like to carry a MT and a Mora ,camping a MT,slipjoint and a Mora,torches all depend on what transport I've used,ie car or bike or walk, bigger torch if driven etc etc, my work edc doesn't change much ,but I've always got my backpack at work ,so means at work I have more options available, but out of work edc I've become lighter weight, the pst or sc4 work well for me with my Gerber dime on my keychain or the micra,and photon torch.

dk Offline Troels

Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 08:36:44 PM
My EDC since 2010 years has been:
- Pioneer soldier (mainly) on the keyring
- Swisstool in a shoulder bag
- 18650 or 2xAAA light during the dark part of the year (in the pocket)

I lost the pioneer in Manchester airport 6 months ago. Forgot about in a jacket pocket and needed to dump it before boarding  :doh:
The swisstool was lost from a boat when my shoulder bag dropped in water. Got the bag but the swisstool slipped out  :doh:

After loosing the tools I needed something new. At first I just wanted the same tools ... but thought it was time for something new. Started googling around to see how the MT marked has changed since my last MT purchases in 2010. Stumbled over MTO and the search for tools became a continuoes habit :D

Now, I am mainly carrying a mid sized MT (eg Rebar) and a light.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:37:59 PM by Troels »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 08:58:28 PM
Thanks guys for sharing your evolution of your edc  :salute: MTO has helped me hugely as I can't afford to keep getting more and more MT's so have to trade for another,I've been very lucky here as had many good trades so keeps me testing more and more MT's and other edc gear  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%