Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got a Flik with a busted can opener and not sure what to do

Offline Cyblade

• New User
Local pawn shop had one in a camo molle sheath for 10.00 but when I got in the car I found out that the can opener snapped off. I called Gerber and couldn't talk to a human and the response to my email said the same as the web site basically will fix if possible if not we will replace it with equal/greater value. I was wondering if anybody here knows if they still have parts and they can fix it and if not what would they replace it with cause I don't need another MP600.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Got a Flik with a busted can opener and not sure what to do
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
If I recall, the Flik should have the same can opener as an MP600 and so replacing the part shouldn't be an issue.  I would also suggest that maybe you might want to consider replacing it yourself from a donor MP600.  They can be found pretty cheap on eBay, and the fix shouldn't be very hard to do.

Otherwise I would send it to Gerber and include a note claiming some sentimental value, and that if they can't repair it, ask that they please return it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:17:37 PM
Welcome to the boards Cyblade.   :cheers:

Offline mtn

Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:35:03 PM
Send to gerber.

Fill out the form online and mark sentimental value and they'll be able to save it.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:40:06 PM
If I recall, the Flik should have the same can opener as an MP600 and so replacing the part shouldn't be an issue.  I would also suggest that maybe you might want to consider replacing it yourself from a donor MP600.  They can be found pretty cheap on eBay, and the fix shouldn't be very hard to do.

It doesn't have the same one actually, although I wouldn't be surprised if an MP600 can opener could replace the Flik's opener.

And just in case it wasn't clear, Gerber Warranty will take care of it. Just mark the tool "sentimental" on the form, and they will just replace the can opener (it will just take a little longer than a regular warranty swap).  :tu:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%