Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Sync I (and II, if you want) 4442

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,744 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: SOG Sync I (and II, if you want)
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2018, 04:14:23 AM »
SOG's service department is first class, in the event you have an issue with the Sync II. :)

Main collections: SOG, Gerber, Leatherman, Victorinox. Also lots of cheap & cheerful tools.
Hero Member Posts: 645
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »
really? That's good to know. I was going to send my Micro Toolclip in to see if they would replace it with one that actually has a file. Mine is so lightly cut that it turns into smooth metal. It does not filing at all. Not even fingernails.

Charles.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,744 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 02:19:13 PM »
I'd send it in and specially mention the file. See what happens. :tu:

Main collections: SOG, Gerber, Leatherman, Victorinox. Also lots of cheap & cheerful tools.
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
I just got a sync ii for Christmas, and a nice belt to go with it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work with this belt. The belt I got is quite thick and not your average jc penny belt that falls apart in a year, it’s made by a leather maker and is a lot more heavy duty. I’m a fat guy and my belts will twist and deform If I don’t buy a good quality one. The fact the SOG doesn’t fit is disappointing.  So I’m not so pleased about that. But the tool itself is awesome.
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2018, 05:40:09 PM »
The belt is actually thicker than the baseplate. As you can see the belt does not thread through the opening.

Charles.
Global Moderator Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 48,949
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »
Well that does suck :-\ I buy thicker belts like that as well (also from a leather shop :cheers: ) and tried that Sync II once and remember it being a bit hard to thread but I did get this accomplished :salute: It wasn't the most comfortable buckle so I didn't end up using it for long like that :facepalm: I need to get it back out and clip it to my backpack and get some good use out of it as I do rather like it as a tool just not a buckle :D
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,647
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »
I have the same problem with my belt, I just don't thread it through and let the trouser loops do the retention. I had to punch smaller holes for better retention though or the buckle just popped off
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
Well, that belt was a double-fail. The holes were deeper than the retention orb on the Sync II, so it never stayed attached. I could probably machine a new longer retention piece, but I've decided to go to a thinner belt. I've got it mounted to a regular store-bought belt and it's perfect. I just took an angle grinder and cutting disc to the old buckle and then slid the SOG right on. No sewing or anything. It's retaining pretty great so far. I've got a new full grain leather belt on order that will hopefully be a better fit.

Charles.
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2018, 05:12:51 PM »
Also, has anyone done a knifeless mod on these yet? I always have a swiss army knife on me, I don't need another blade.

Charles.

Operational Funds

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $158.19
PayPal Fees: $10.16
Net Balance: $148.03
Below Goal: $126.97
Site Currency: USD