Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

glenfiddich1983's Pioneer X challenge thread!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: glenfiddich1983's Pioneer X challenge thread!
Reply #270 on: May 07, 2017, 10:19:29 PM
Excellent thread mate, badge awarded.   :tu:   :tu:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #271 on: May 08, 2017, 03:37:11 AM
Love that last shot :dd:

and congrats on the badge :salute: Well deserved for a wonderful thread :tu: :like:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #272 on: May 08, 2017, 08:37:41 AM
Congratulations on the badge.  :salute: :like: :like:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #273 on: May 08, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
After 30 days of work it's time for the Pioneer X to lay down, relax and enjoy the good things in life.

After carrying only the Pioneer X for 30 days it's time to draw some conclusions.

For the everyday carry in urban life the Pioneer X has everything you need. The only thing I kind of missed is the small blade. I always prefer to use a small blade for things like cutting tape (leaves sticky residue), so the large blade stays clean. Because of this, I was now forced to use the scissors more often but now the scissors got more sticky residue. I have said it before, but a Rancher X or Electrician X would be even more perfect than a Pioneer X.

When I was home I had to grab one of the other SAKs a couple of time because I needed a specific tool that isn't on the Pioneer X. In particular I found out that I use a metal file more often than I realised. I guess the perfect EDC knife should have the tools of a Rancher X and a metal file.

It took me some time to get used to the nailnick of the Pioneer X being on the wrong side. Funny thing, muscle memory :)

The damast blade on this Pioneer X is a beauty. At first it felt like it has a bit more "friction" when cutting through things than with the normal large blade, but the friction seemed to reduce over time.

I guess that's all that I can say at this point! It was fun to do this challenge and I can certainly recommend the Pioneer X.

The Pioneer X is taking some rest and says goodbye to you all!

:waving:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #274 on: May 08, 2017, 10:21:31 AM
After 30 days of work it's time for the Pioneer X to lay down, relax and enjoy the good things in life.

(Image removed from quote.)

After carrying only the Pioneer X for 30 days it's time to draw some conclusions.

For the everyday carry in urban life the Pioneer X has everything you need. The only thing I kind of missed is the small blade. I always prefer to use a small blade for things like cutting tape (leaves sticky residue), so the large blade stays clean. Because of this, I was now forced to use the scissors more often but now the scissors got more sticky residue. I have said it before, but a Rancher X or Electrician X would be even more perfect than a Pioneer X.

When I was home I had to grab one of the other SAKs a couple of time because I needed a specific tool that isn't on the Pioneer X. In particular I found out that I use a metal file more often than I realised. I guess the perfect EDC knife should have the tools of a Rancher X and a metal file.

It took me some time to get used to the nailnick of the Pioneer X being on the wrong side. Funny thing, muscle memory :)

The damast blade on this Pioneer X is a beauty. At first it felt like it has a bit more "friction" when cutting through things than with the normal large blade, but the friction seemed to reduce over time.

I guess that's all that I can say at this point! It was fun to do this challenge and I can certainly recommend the Pioneer X.

The Pioneer X is taking some rest and says goodbye to you all!

(Image removed from quote.)

:waving:

:like: :like: :like: :like:  burrrrrr
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #275 on: May 08, 2017, 11:19:42 AM
I hope you made the water the right temperature-a teensy bit hot.
The PX wants to be pampered.  :pok:

:like: :like:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68