Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kick scooters anyone?

us Offline 4everYoung

Kick scooters anyone?
on: March 30, 2017, 01:46:12 PM
Anybody here ride a kick scooter?
We have been looking for family activity for the upcoming beautiful spring weather. My daughter is 2.5 yrs old sqo she's too young for a bike. Recently we bought her a kick scooter and she really liked it so we thought that we would try some adult versions to be able to ride on the Greenway's with her.

I used to be an avid skateboarder in my mid to late teens but I find it hurts too much when I fall now. .

Anyway just wondering has anyone else tried any of these adult kick scooters.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: Kick scooters anyone?
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 02:04:06 PM
I would use an electric one, if I were still commuting with train, and if my job wasn't 200m from the train station...  :D

There is only one problem I have with kick scooters, you look smurfing stupid riding one.  :ahhh

Ps: Does anyone know some good electric scooters and has actually used one as the last mile commuting transport? I might need one If I ever come around to actually getting a new job...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:06:09 PM by lister »
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
I think MadP has one, so he might have some input.  I look at them from time to time and think about getting one, but I don't want to spend money on a good one and the cheap ones won't take my 210lbs.   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:26:54 PM
With the grandkids, they use their scooter and I walk along.  They get ahead then come back for me, going uphill usually they walk with me. 
The older ones now have bikes and we ride together, as I have several of my own two wheelers. 
Don't worry, the little ones will move on to bikes sooner if they learn to balance on scooter first.  My younger GKids are 3. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:41:05 PM
I think MadP has one, so he might have some input.  I look at them from time to time and think about getting one, but I don't want to spend money on a good one and the cheap ones won't take my 210lbs.   :ahhh

Def

I picked up a razor scooter for $60. Its weight limit is 220lbs.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 02:10:18 AM
I'll have to keep my eyes open.

I've got ten screws holding my feet on now, let's see if I can at least make it an even dozen!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 04:19:24 AM
Yeah, I have one, it's not the best, I've used it time to time, but the wheels are a little rough on sidewalks. The one I sooooo want is a kickped, large rubber wheels that will take the shock of little bumps or pebbles, but the price of them is a little up there..
JR
IMG_6512.PNG
* IMG_6512.PNG (Filesize: 190.75 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:25:02 PM
Yeah, I have one, it's not the best, I've used it time to time, but the wheels are a little rough on sidewalks. The one I sooooo want is a kickped, large rubber wheels that will take the shock of little bumps or pebbles, but the price of them is a little up there..
JR

After my wife decided to get in on the scooter action I had need of purchasing another scooter. To further reduce the shock I decided that air filled tires would probably be a good choice. I too had looked into the kickped and a few other but they where pricey. After doing some research I found that Razor released a new air tire version. Not al lot of information in it but I found one locally New for $100. Wow! What a difference it makes.
It takes so much of the roughness out of the ride. I'll post a pic when the sun is up.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 08:11:15 PM
JR

After my wife decided to get in on the scooter action I had need of purchasing another scooter. To further reduce the shock I decided that air filled tires would probably be a good choice. I too had looked into the kickped and a few other but they where pricey. After doing some research I found that Razor released a new air tire version. Not al lot of information in it but I found one locally New for $100. Wow! What a difference it makes.
It takes so much of the roughness out of the ride. I'll post a pic when the sun is up.
Oh nice, I've been looking, I've found a bunch of diff ones, especially some that are amazing but I don't need a motor! The other thing I came up with is I really like that kickped, but yeah pricy, but then there's the knowped, literally the same thing, same frame, a wider deck, and even a hand brake, kinda doesn't make sense, why pay less for something better? The only thing that the other one gives for more is a higher handle bar? Which I really don't need.. the only thing is their still a little pricy.
I remember those old school kick bike like scooters, they had like a 10-12" pneumatic tire, but their not tall enough, plus don't fold, they still make them and even larger but then again their getting heavier! There's also those off road down hill heavy duty razors, they have rubber or pneumatic tires but they don't fold, and that's something I'd like, not only to take in the store, but also to just walk in and stick in the closet!
  So it looks like you found something I'm going to have to look into, I only just looked at a few pics and im not to sure on the folding part, but with 8" pneumatic tires, that's gotta be a big diff! I mean, the ones on the knowped or kickped are 6" but are solid rubber, so the only plus is they won't pop.. oh and the load, the razor said 220 and the other two 400lbs, I'm guessing on how how it folds and locks? Again I'll have to look into, but good find!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 11:44:59 PM
I kinda had a brain fart, I have that nice scooter I posted earlier, someone gave me that and it's a $200 scooter, but I kinda put off riding it because of the plastic wheels, but what if I was to just change out the wheels? I found that the original manufacturer sells the wheels, a little pricy, but heck, cheaper then a new scooter, no?
I found a razor e100 in the trash like a year ago, it has the size tire on the front that I kinda need so maybe I can see if it will work, that razor I was going to strip it of all the motor, electronics, and battery, make the deck nice and one level, and maybe find a pneumatic wheel to fit to make it a kick scooter, cause that actually has shocks on the front, so I guess I'll have to putts around some day..
JR
IMG_6548.PNG
* IMG_6548.PNG (Filesize: 270.17 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%