Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Power Access owners' club

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Power Access owners' club
Reply #60 on: March 31, 2018, 01:52:31 PM
The PowerLock came out in 1998 if I'm not mistaken. It is still in production. The early ones were USA and weren't very consistent. The PL 2.0 is much better machined and made overseas. There was a short run on PLs that had piano key locks made in the USA and China that are VERY nice, but hard to find. The PowerAssist has the piano locks on one handle(and two outside assisted blades on the other handle) like the BlackTip. :tu:

I have four USA PLs and they lock up fine, but have read a lot of people having lockup issues though, particularly the early USA ones having lockup issues.

cool info!
now that you've proven to be the expert here, maybe you could tell me which generation is my PL, because I really don't know

I'd really appreciate  ;)

obviously ignoring the Leatherman implements I put on it, if you are willing I'd send you a PM  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Power Access owners' club
Reply #61 on: March 31, 2018, 02:53:37 PM
The PowerLock came out in 1998 if I'm not mistaken. It is still in production. The early ones were USA and weren't very consistent. The PL 2.0 is much better machined and made overseas. There was a short run on PLs that had piano key locks made in the USA and China that are VERY nice, but hard to find. The PowerAssist has the piano locks on one handle(and two outside assisted blades on the other handle) like the BlackTip. :tu:

I have four USA PLs and they lock up fine, but have read a lot of people having lockup issues though, particularly the early USA ones having lockup issues.

cool info!
now that you've proven to be the expert here, maybe you could tell me which generation is my PL, because I really don't know

I'd really appreciate  ;)

obviously ignoring the Leatherman implements I put on it, if you are willing I'd send you a PM  :salute:
I have replied to your PM, sir!
SOG PowerLocks are very difficult to ascertain a date on, especially after they went to the super-fine tipped plier heads without the "USA" stamp. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%