Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Climber club! 2277

Sr. Member Posts: 321
Re: Climber club!
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »
Im going for a nylon scaled Climber......  :climber: :cheers:.

Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver
No Life Club Posts: 1,373
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »
Taking a number 2 I see...  :-\ :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:48:46 PM by El Corkscrew »

"Do you remember what Mark Twain once said? The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." - Murdoc
Hero Member Posts: 904 Carpe titanium
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 09:52:54 PM »

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:32 PM »
:cheers:

Sweet pic there El C  :like:

Thanks, Phil!  Btw, did you ever find a fisherman??

"Do you remember what Mark Twain once said? The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." - Murdoc
Full Member Posts: 100
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:30 PM »
Here are my four Climbers. The hp one has the shield on the other side.

Greg
LM
 PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave

SAK
 Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X. Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler

Gerber
 Mr. Pinchy, MP600 (Thanks to Def)
No Life Club Posts: 4,223
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2017, 04:42:29 AM »
 :like: :like: :like: :like:

Barry
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2017, 08:49:23 AM »
El Corkscrew made a video saluting El Climber  :salute: :

No Life Club Posts: 3,270
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
Good video El C!  :like: So a salute to you too.  :salute:

Pocket perfection.  :)
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »
 :)
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:38 PM »
This dude is on his way to El Collection.    I've been looking for one of these for quite a while now... It's cool  b/c it will pair well with my 60's Hoffritz Super Tinker  :ahhh :D

No Life Club Posts: 4,223
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »
 :drool: Sweet!!!  Look at the shine on those blades!!!

Barry
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »

Thanks, B.  I'm pretty sure this one has been partially restored - blades polished, scissor spring replaced.   Apparently the closing snap is a little weak, but still, a great piece. That clip point blade is looking pretty unused.  I plan to restore the scales, which seems easier with the older scales.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:20:52 PM by El Corkscrew »

« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Thanks, B.  I'm pretty sure this one has been partially restored - blades polished, scissor spring replaced.   Apparently the closing snap is a little weak, but still, a great piece. That clip point blade is looking pretty unused.  I plan to restore the scales, which seems easier with the older scales.  :cheers:

Nice one El C!  :cheers:

That might be factory polish, the older Hoffritz ones seem super shiny for some reason. Some Mother's mag polish should bring the scales up to the shine level of the tools, that's what I've had the best luck with anyway.  :tu:
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »

That might be factory polish, the older Hoffritz ones seem super shiny for some reason. Some Mother's mag polish should bring the scales up to the shine level of the tools, that's what I've had the best luck with anyway.  :tu:

You're right about the shine on the Hoffritz, the Super Tinker I have is VERY close to mirror finish... hard to tell until I have it in El hands.   I want to say the large blade where it makes a little space between the edge and the tang looks a little worn down,  again, hard to tell.  A Tourist w/clip point, no KR, Officier Suisse/Crossbow stamp (probably 71 - 74).  This one has the Victoria Stamp on the backside of the main blade.

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »

You're right about the shine on the Hoffritz, the Super Tinker I have is VERY close to mirror finish... hard to tell until I have it in El hands.   I want to say the large blade where it makes a little space between the edge and the tang looks a little worn down,  again, hard to tell.  A Tourist w/clip point, no KR, Officier Suisse/Crossbow stamp (probably 71 - 74).  This one has the Victoria Stamp on the backside of the main blade.

Very cool, prolly a groovy 5 turn El Corkscrew as well...  :D

:climber:
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »

yup, and I meant to say this knife came with the Tourist I referenced above.  It has a 4-turn corkscrew... pretty sure that was pretty consistent with the 84mm's?

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2017, 09:17:11 PM »

yup, and I meant to say this knife came with the Tourist I referenced above.  It has a 4-turn corkscrew... pretty sure that was pretty consistent with the 84mm's?

Not sure about the older 84's, I'm assuming the 91's and 84's used the same corkscrews during the same eras, but might have to verify that with an expert (which I'm not!  :) )...
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »

Not sure about the older 84's, I'm assuming the 91's and 84's used the same corkscrews during the same eras, but might have to verify that with an expert (which I'm not!  :) )...

All the 84 MM from that late 60s early 70s era, which is quite a few that  I have seen, have a 4 turn.  I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. :D

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $275.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $160.00
PayPal Fees: $9.08
Net Balance: $150.92
Below Goal: $124.08
Site Currency: USD
55% 
May Donations

Community Links