Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Climber club!

twiliter · 921 · 55824

us Offline rivercity

Re: Climber club!
Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 05:40:23 PM
Im going for a nylon scaled Climber......  :climber: :cheers:.

Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 05:45:42 PM
Taking a number 2 I see...  :-\ :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:48:46 PM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 09:52:54 PM
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:32 PM
:cheers:

Sweet pic there El C  :like:

Thanks, Phil!  Btw, did you ever find a fisherman??
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline redmond

Reply #124 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:30 PM
Here are my four Climbers. The hp one has the shield on the other side.

Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #125 on: May 20, 2017, 04:42:29 AM
 :like: :like: :like: :like:
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #126 on: May 20, 2017, 08:49:23 AM
El Corkscrew made a video saluting El Climber  :salute: :

https://youtu.be/6jcF6X2JSl4

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #127 on: May 20, 2017, 03:10:22 PM
Good video El C!  :like: So a salute to you too.  :salute:

Pocket perfection.  :)
IMG_0595.JPG
* IMG_0595.JPG (Filesize: 207.75 KB)

us Offline twiliter

Reply #128 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
 :)
IMG_0601.JPG
* IMG_0601.JPG (Filesize: 245.82 KB)

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #129 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:38 PM
This dude is on his way to El Collection.    I've been looking for one of these for quite a while now... It's cool  b/c it will pair well with my 60's Hoffritz Super Tinker  :ahhh :D
s-l1600 (3).jpg
* s-l1600 (3).jpg (Filesize: 59.1 KB)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #130 on: May 22, 2017, 08:12:19 PM
 :drool: Sweet!!!  Look at the shine on those blades!!!
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #131 on: May 22, 2017, 08:19:16 PM

Thanks, B.  I'm pretty sure this one has been partially restored - blades polished, scissor spring replaced.   Apparently the closing snap is a little weak, but still, a great piece. That clip point blade is looking pretty unused.  I plan to restore the scales, which seems easier with the older scales.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:20:52 PM by El Corkscrew »

us Offline twiliter

Reply #132 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Thanks, B.  I'm pretty sure this one has been partially restored - blades polished, scissor spring replaced.   Apparently the closing snap is a little weak, but still, a great piece. That clip point blade is looking pretty unused.  I plan to restore the scales, which seems easier with the older scales.  :cheers:

Nice one El C!  :cheers:

That might be factory polish, the older Hoffritz ones seem super shiny for some reason. Some Mother's mag polish should bring the scales up to the shine level of the tools, that's what I've had the best luck with anyway.  :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #133 on: May 22, 2017, 08:48:51 PM

That might be factory polish, the older Hoffritz ones seem super shiny for some reason. Some Mother's mag polish should bring the scales up to the shine level of the tools, that's what I've had the best luck with anyway.  :tu:

You're right about the shine on the Hoffritz, the Super Tinker I have is VERY close to mirror finish... hard to tell until I have it in El hands.   I want to say the large blade where it makes a little space between the edge and the tang looks a little worn down,  again, hard to tell.  A Tourist w/clip point, no KR, Officier Suisse/Crossbow stamp (probably 71 - 74).  This one has the Victoria Stamp on the backside of the main blade.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 09:03:18 PM

You're right about the shine on the Hoffritz, the Super Tinker I have is VERY close to mirror finish... hard to tell until I have it in El hands.   I want to say the large blade where it makes a little space between the edge and the tang looks a little worn down,  again, hard to tell.  A Tourist w/clip point, no KR, Officier Suisse/Crossbow stamp (probably 71 - 74).  This one has the Victoria Stamp on the backside of the main blade.

Very cool, prolly a groovy 5 turn El Corkscrew as well...  :D

:climber:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #135 on: May 22, 2017, 09:11:20 PM

yup, and I meant to say this knife came with the Tourist I referenced above.  It has a 4-turn corkscrew... pretty sure that was pretty consistent with the 84mm's?

us Offline twiliter

Reply #136 on: May 22, 2017, 09:17:11 PM

yup, and I meant to say this knife came with the Tourist I referenced above.  It has a 4-turn corkscrew... pretty sure that was pretty consistent with the 84mm's?

Not sure about the older 84's, I'm assuming the 91's and 84's used the same corkscrews during the same eras, but might have to verify that with an expert (which I'm not!  :) )...

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #137 on: May 22, 2017, 09:33:01 PM

Not sure about the older 84's, I'm assuming the 91's and 84's used the same corkscrews during the same eras, but might have to verify that with an expert (which I'm not!  :) )...

All the 84 MM from that late 60s early 70s era, which is quite a few that  I have seen, have a 4 turn.  I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. :D

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #138 on: June 01, 2017, 01:40:44 PM
 :D
IMG_20170601_073545.jpg
* IMG_20170601_073545.jpg (Filesize: 110.77 KB)
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #139 on: June 01, 2017, 09:07:33 PM
 :salute:
WP_20170601_11_37_14_Pro (3).jpg
* WP_20170601_11_37_14_Pro (3).jpg (Filesize: 241.37 KB)

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #140 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:25 PM
Nice Climber Barry & El C :salute:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #141 on: June 01, 2017, 11:30:17 PM
El Corkscrew made a video saluting El Climber  :salute: :

https://youtu.be/6jcF6X2JSl4

Nice video El Corkscrew!  :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #142 on: June 02, 2017, 12:10:02 AM

The Climber is a good Traveller, and er, vice versa.

:D

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #143 on: June 07, 2017, 09:06:48 PM
Mine!
ClimbersAndCo.jpg
* ClimbersAndCo.jpg (Filesize: 129.16 KB)

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #144 on: June 07, 2017, 09:12:37 PM

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #145 on: June 08, 2017, 10:30:51 PM
Red Climber up on the kickstand on the dashboard. Mouse approves.

* IMAG0698.jpg (Filesize: 10.38 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #146 on: June 09, 2017, 01:45:13 AM
Red Climber up on the kickstand on the dashboard. Mouse approves.

Nice, Phil!   The Climber was meant for the road.  :cheers: :tu:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #147 on: June 09, 2017, 03:15:29 AM
 :2tu: :2tu:
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #148 on: June 09, 2017, 03:57:20 AM
WP_20170608_18_51_18_Rich (3).jpg
* WP_20170608_18_51_18_Rich (3).jpg (Filesize: 205.11 KB)

us Offline twiliter

Reply #149 on: June 10, 2017, 07:28:55 PM
Climber on an away mission last week, perfect for that, Spirit saw some use also.  :)
IMG_0651.JPG
* IMG_0651.JPG (Filesize: 207.74 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24