Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Climber club!

twiliter · 928 · 57653

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Climber club!
Reply #450 on: June 24, 2018, 11:56:16 PM
 :tu: :like:
Barry

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #451 on: July 01, 2018, 10:05:31 PM
Figured out how to finally get the staglows for the Climber!  Just ordered a new /$$#/& Climber...
 :rant:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #452 on: July 07, 2018, 04:12:58 AM
Oh man, Tony,  you'll really like it. I've Limited myself to 2 91mm and 2 84mm
It's always a toss-up between this one and the stay glo

They both got pocket time today haha as well as the farmer :D
IMG_20180706_190806.jpg
* IMG_20180706_190806.jpg (Filesize: 249.67 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #453 on: July 07, 2018, 05:57:27 AM
Nice pic!!
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #454 on: July 07, 2018, 03:46:52 PM
Oh man, Tony,  you'll really like it. I've Limited myself to 2 91mm and 2 84mm
It's always a toss-up between this one and the stay glo

They both got pocket time today haha as well as the farmer :D

Nice pic El C! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #455 on: July 07, 2018, 07:22:01 PM
Thanks y'awl!  :salute:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #456 on: July 08, 2018, 11:09:34 PM
 :salute:
IMG_20180708_140815.jpg
* IMG_20180708_140815.jpg (Filesize: 248.91 KB)

us Offline TonySal

Reply #457 on: July 09, 2018, 02:12:32 AM
That sak shield holds up El C ?
I could always put a red on top and use the back for the emergency glow... yes Im not well ... :think:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #458 on: July 09, 2018, 02:14:21 AM
I could always put a red on top and use the back for the emergency glow... yes Im not well ... :think:
:rofl:

Actually, it seems a little delicate.. but.... you can awlways get another to keep nice and pristine on the shelf  :pok: :D

us Offline TonySal

Reply #459 on: July 09, 2018, 02:46:52 AM

Actually, it seems a little delicate.. but.... you can awlways get another to keep nice and pristine on the shelf  :pok: :D
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #460 on: July 10, 2018, 12:39:39 AM

...and don't think I didn't catch the AWLways pun there ... :ahhh
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #461 on: July 11, 2018, 11:20:55 PM
...it has arrived... Glowing and with mini driver and P7 clip, it is ready to protect the kingdom!
Gifted Climber can rest now, Staglow is here!   :salute:

But no place for the pin?? There is sadness in the kingdom...... :ahhh
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:17:41 AM by TonySal »
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #462 on: July 12, 2018, 05:21:24 AM
That is one drawback of the glo....
I've heard of people making their own holes with a red-hot pin.. I haven't tried...

us Offline TonySal

Reply #463 on: July 12, 2018, 01:44:10 PM
I won't try it either, I handle tools like Homer Simpson...
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #464 on: July 19, 2018, 08:49:17 PM
Climber Junior joining me today for a journey through  the wonderful world of Mental Health :salute:
IMG_20180719_112751.jpg
* IMG_20180719_112751.jpg (Filesize: 190.47 KB)

us Offline TonySal

Reply #465 on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:53 AM
Climber Junior joining me today for a journey through  the wonderful world of Mental Health :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #466 on: July 31, 2018, 02:36:16 AM
My journey through the MH world has me knee deep paperwork!
Gifted Climber today.  :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #467 on: September 07, 2018, 11:31:29 AM
I gave mine to my girl friend when I was drunk-ish and I think I kinda regret having done that hehe. As a compensation I'm still trying to like my Ranger more than the Climber. Though, for some unknown reason, I can't! I'm a saw- and file-lover but Ranger's file is a destroyer, unlike the "forgiving" and "easy" file of the SwissChamp. Which makes me kinda like the Ranger less...

Maybe it's the basic configuration of the Climber or the fact that it reminds me of SAKs I used to see around when I was a kid... Dunno. But I'm starting to realize that Climber has a special place. It is that basic, uncomplicated, comparatively thin and light SAK which you forget in your drawer, sits there ready to give you a hand when you need it.

:climber:  :salute:

us Offline dkop1

• Acknowledged blade-aholic who isn't seeking help.
Reply #468 on: September 07, 2018, 11:40:03 AM
I gave mine to my girl friend when I was drunk-ish and I think I kinda regret having done that hehe. As a compensation I'm still trying to like my Ranger more than the Climber. Though, for some unknown reason, I can't! I'm a saw- and file-lover but Ranger's file is a destroyer, unlike the "forgiving" and "easy" file of the SwissChamp. Which makes me kinda like the Ranger less...

Maybe it's the basic configuration of the Climber or the fact that it reminds me of SAKs I used to see around when I was a kid... Dunno. But I'm starting to realize that Climber has a special place. It is that basic, uncomplicated, comparatively thin and light SAK which you forget in your drawer, sits there ready to give you a hand when you need it.

:climber:  :salute:

Perfect for social gatherings, opening all kinds of beverages that make you give away SAKs  :cheers: :rofl:

Pop a mini screwdriver into the corkscrew for someone's glasses, use the scissors to trim threads off the clothing of people afraid of knives. The perfect social SAK
"Have yourself a nice long rest and be back here in twelve minutes."
"All the good times, that's what I'll remember. I think there were three."

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #469 on: September 07, 2018, 04:37:36 PM
 :iagree:  A great analogy!
Barry

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #470 on: September 07, 2018, 04:54:41 PM

Is your Ranger a newer model than your SwissChamp?  All of my SAKs have the finer-toothed files, including the Rangers, but mine are all older models.  As I understand it, the more recent Victorinox SAKs have a file more like the one on the Swisstool Spirit, and I assume that's the one you mean when you say it's a "destroyer"?
- Terry

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #471 on: September 07, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
Delux Climber with new white +scales.

IMG_20180907_075207.jpg
* IMG_20180907_075207.jpg (Filesize: 220.61 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #472 on: September 08, 2018, 12:04:56 PM

Is your Ranger a newer model than your SwissChamp?  All of my SAKs have the finer-toothed files, including the Rangers, but mine are all older models.  As I understand it, the more recent Victorinox SAKs have a file more like the one on the Swisstool Spirit, and I assume that's the one you mean when you say it's a "destroyer"?

Oh, I think so. It's almost brand new -although I bought it second hand- so I doubt it's an older model. I never used a Swisstool Spirit but the file on the Ranger I mention is like a chainsaw :) For starters, one cannot use it to file down finger nails. I once attempted to file down a lump of lead on a silver ring which turned out to be a mistake. It removed a larger amount of lead from the ring and left wavy marks on the surface  :-\ For my purposes that file's not that practical. For harder metals though, it may be a good pick.

Maybe I should be looking out for the older model you're talking about.

@NutSAK
Wow, I did not know there was a Deluxe version of the Climber! Looks hot! Though, apparently it has a philips screwdriver instead of a cork screw. I'm not a fan of "perpendicularly located" screwdrivers (I realize that that adjective clause looks weird but please say you understand what I mean) and prefer a corkscrew.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #473 on: September 08, 2018, 02:36:01 PM

Oh, I think so. It's almost brand new -although I bought it second hand- so I doubt it's an older model. I never used a Swisstool Spirit but the file on the Ranger I mention is like a chainsaw :) For starters, one cannot use it to file down finger nails. I once attempted to file down a lump of lead on a silver ring which turned out to be a mistake. It removed a larger amount of lead from the ring and left wavy marks on the surface  :-\ For my purposes that file's not that practical. For harder metals though, it may be a good pick.

Maybe I should be looking out for the older model you're talking about.

@NutSAK
Wow, I did not know there was a Deluxe version of the Climber! Looks hot! Though, apparently it has a philips screwdriver instead of a cork screw. I'm not a fan of "perpendicularly located" screwdrivers (I realize that that adjective clause looks weird but please say you understand what I mean) and prefer a corkscrew.
Agree on the perpendriver.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #474 on: September 09, 2018, 10:04:40 PM
84mm today  :salute:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #475 on: September 09, 2018, 11:26:40 PM
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #476 on: September 10, 2018, 12:01:00 AM
That looks quite shiny, Corky.  :tu: Have you buffed it up, or was it like new when you got it?

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #477 on: September 10, 2018, 12:04:54 AM
That looks quite shiny, Corky.  :tu: Have you buffed it up, or was it like new when you got it?
I shined it up, it was pretty dull and scratchy when I got it.  I've found the headlight restoring compound holds a nice gloss for a long time.  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #478 on: September 10, 2018, 12:18:52 AM
I shined it up, it was pretty dull and scratchy when I got it.  I've found the headlight restoring compound holds a nice gloss for a long time.  :cheers:
Headlight restoring compound, cool. Thanks for the tip

us Offline TonySal

Reply #479 on: September 10, 2018, 03:40:10 AM
Headlight restoring compound, cool. Thanks for the tip
join KNIFE RIGHTS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31