Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Climber club!

twiliter · 939 · 60037

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Climber club!
Reply #810 on: October 10, 2021, 07:28:58 AM
very cool buddy. Try the wiki or other collector pages here.
I love the climber, Spartan with a scizzors!

I think we should edit all Wiki pages and change "scissors" into "scizzors". Who's with me? 8)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #811 on: October 10, 2021, 03:08:36 PM
 :think: hmm... Google search and tool came up spelled both ways...
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Canuckdad

Reply #812 on: October 29, 2021, 12:46:37 AM
I am all for being part of a Climber Club!

On the weekend I always carry my trusty Stayglow Climber . I love everything about this SAK. . The tool I use most is the scissors so I love that I get those great Victorinox scissors in a 3 layer SAK. As a kid I LOVED anything that was "Glow In The Dark" so for me this is the perfect knife. I am shocked how long the glow stays bright, and even hours later it often has just enough glow to make it stand out in the dark. Perfect for hikes close to home or when I go mountain biking .

:climber:

* sakside.jpg (Filesize: 92.18 KB)
Carry a Victorinox SAK folks,  because you dont know what life is about to throw at you.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #813 on: October 30, 2021, 12:46:20 AM

On the weekend I always carry my trusty Stayglow Climber . I love everything about this SAK. . The tool I use most is the scissors so I love that I get those great Victorinox scissors in a 3 layer SAK. As a kid I LOVED anything that was "Glow In The Dark" so for me this is the perfect knife. I am shocked how long the glow stays bright, and even hours later it often has just enough glow to make it stand out in the dark. Perfect for hikes close to home or when I go mountain biking .

:climber
I love my Spartan w/a Scissors.  Don't take him out much... collectable? Ah, probably not.  Now that its getting dark early,  I may carry it more. BTW welcome to the club!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Canuckdad

Reply #814 on: October 30, 2021, 05:52:13 PM

:climber
I love my Spartan w/a Scissors.  Don't take him out much... collectable? Ah, probably not.  Now that its getting dark early,  I may carry it more. BTW welcome to the club!

thanks for the Welcome! I look forward to seeing more great Climber posts
Carry a Victorinox SAK folks,  because you dont know what life is about to throw at you.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #815 on: October 30, 2021, 06:55:07 PM
I have a red celi too, and, I too use the scissors most too.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Canuckdad

Reply #816 on: October 30, 2021, 07:00:47 PM
I have a red celi too, and, I too use the scissors most too.

the scissors are just SO great!

* oct292.jpg (Filesize: 115.72 KB)

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #817 on: November 02, 2021, 11:05:44 AM
Old reliable...  :climber:

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #818 on: November 08, 2021, 07:10:48 PM
I’m in! My first Climber arrived last night!
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #819 on: November 08, 2021, 08:43:36 PM
I’m in! My first Climber arrived last night!

Congrats  :climber:

My backup OCD has been acting up lately... i have 4 currently 2 NIB and the one i usually carry now and a Plus one i carried for couple of years. For whatever reason my mind is telling me i should buy another backup....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline TonySal

Reply #820 on: November 08, 2021, 09:36:02 PM
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #821 on: November 14, 2021, 03:47:46 AM
...any life on the StaGlow ever measured?
I know...a bit picky there.
I do like mine!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Canuckdad

Reply #822 on: November 14, 2021, 09:15:09 PM
...any life on the StaGlow ever measured?
I know...a bit picky there.
I do like mine!

I have actually done some testing.

I left my Stayglow Climber near a lamp for just over an hour. I went to sleep at 11pm, and left it on my night stand. It was nice and bright. At 3:15 am I woke up and it was still very bright. Then at 6am I got up and it had dulled but I could defiantly still see it in the dark.
So that means it was nice and bright for a good 4 hours then dimmed a bit. Sure it wasnt super bright after 5 or 6 hours but I could STILL see it in the dark. I have been very impressed.

I also notice on both my stayglow climber and Classic SD it will glow brightly with even just a couple minutes in a well lit room. Often I pull out my car keys 5 minutes before I leave work at 10pm and I leave them on my desk. When I get in my car my classic stayglow on keyring is glowing very bright in my dark car from just 5 minutes under the office lights.
 When I leave my home on a sunny day and I am carrying my keys in my hand for just the one minutes it takes to get to my car I notice my Classic SD is glowing bright when I get in my car from just that one minutes in the sun.

As a kid I LOVED everything " glow in the dark" but was always disappointed because the toys were never as bright, and never lasted as long as they did in commercials. This is NOT the case with Victorinox Stayglow. It is far better than I expected

us Offline TonySal

Reply #823 on: November 14, 2021, 11:23:15 PM
I have actually done some testing.

I left my Stayglow Climber near a lamp for just over an hour. I went to sleep at 11pm, and left it on my night stand. It was nice and bright. At 3:15 am I woke up and it was still very bright. Then at 6am I got up and it had dulled but I could defiantly still see it in the dark.
So that means it was nice and bright for a good 4 hours then dimmed a bit. Sure it wasnt super bright after 5 or 6 hours but I could STILL see it in the dark. I have been very impressed.

I also notice on both my stayglow climber and Classic SD it will glow brightly with even just a couple minutes in a well lit room. Often I pull out my car keys 5 minutes before I leave work at 10pm and I leave them on my desk. When I get in my car my classic stayglow on keyring is glowing very bright in my dark car from just 5 minutes under the office lights.
 When I leave my home on a sunny day and I am carrying my keys in my hand for just the one minutes it takes to get to my car I notice my Classic SD is glowing bright when I get in my car from just that one minutes in the sun.

As a kid I LOVED everything " glow in the dark" but was always disappointed because the toys were never as bright, and never lasted as long as they did in commercials. This is NOT the case with Victorinox Stayglow. It is far better than I expected
hey, thanks for the in-depth answer!   :salute:  I may start with the red SAK lanyard too but a P7 clip makes it less notice in pocket.
P.s. love the scissors.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Canuckdad

Reply #824 on: November 14, 2021, 11:37:54 PM
hey, thanks for the in-depth answer!   :salute:  I may start with the red SAK lanyard too but a P7 clip makes it less notice in pocket.
P.s. love the scissors.

Sounds good! Hope it all works out for you

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #825 on: November 28, 2021, 12:03:04 AM
Some new beauty pics of the Old Faithfull...  :climber:

:D

us Offline TonySal

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #827 on: November 28, 2021, 02:26:56 AM
How old is "Old Faithful"? Looks like it's fresh out of the box!

:salute: :climber:
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #828 on: November 28, 2021, 10:05:55 AM
How old is "Old Faithful"? Looks like it's fresh out of the box!

:salute: :climber:

"Old Faithful" is the model itself, not necessarily this specific "unit"... This one is maybe 3 or 4 years old. I've put in some new scales a few months back though...  :think: The surface micro scratches doesn't show in the pics.
I'm more attached to SAK models than any specific SAK units.  ;)

us Offline TonySal

Reply #829 on: November 28, 2021, 02:38:06 PM
"Old Faithful" is the model itself, not necessarily this specific "unit"... This one is maybe 3 or 4 years old. I've put in some new scales a few months back though...  :think: The surface micro scratches doesn't show in the pics.
I'm more attached to SAK models than any specific SAK units.  ;)
Oh. Do you mean the US Parks series  :think:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #830 on: November 28, 2021, 03:28:57 PM
Oh. Do you mean the US Parks series  :think:

Huh...? didn't get what you mean with that one...  :think:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #831 on: November 28, 2021, 04:41:53 PM
Huh...? didn't get what you mean with that one...  :think:
oh, sorry, there is a series of 91mm scales displaying American scenes, I thought Old Faithful, the geyser, may be one of them, then you changed to red.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #832 on: November 29, 2021, 10:35:29 AM
oh, sorry, there is a series of 91mm scales displaying American scenes, I thought Old Faithful, the geyser, may be one of them, then you changed to red.

Oh, ok...got it...  ;)
But no... nothing like that... I don't really buy any SE or LE Sak's... just the good old standard factory stock red classic models. The other scales where basic red too, just a bit beat up...  :P

us Offline TonySal

Reply #833 on: November 30, 2021, 12:03:36 AM
Oh, ok...got it...  ;)
But no... nothing like that... I don't really buy any SE or LE Sak's... just the good old standard factory stock red classic models. The other scales where basic red too, just a bit beat up...  :P
except for my Stayglow i prefer traditional red too.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #834 on: January 29, 2022, 06:07:00 PM
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline petey.grizz

• Swiss Knives and Japanese Bass Guitars
Reply #835 on: January 29, 2022, 09:24:24 PM
Here's my favorite Climbers Small, a 70s and a 60s. :climber: The 60s has a very slight bend in the tip which annoys me but I am just leaving alone sice it's a lesson learned the hard way too many times. It also has a very degraded blade etching "Ottenburg Basel" which is the family cutlery shop in Switzerland where it was sold originally. The 70s is one I carry regularly.
Sorry for the filter, I saved from my FB since I just started using a real puter again.

* ClimbersSmall.jpg (Filesize: 218.7 KB)
IG @swizzarmygrizz
IG @peteygrizz (Bass)

us Offline TonySal

Reply #836 on: January 30, 2022, 04:36:57 AM
 :tu:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #837 on: February 22, 2022, 11:46:46 PM
Here's my favorite Climbers Small, a 70s and a 60s. :climber: The 60s has a very slight bend in the tip which annoys me but I am just leaving alone sice it's a lesson learned the hard way too many times. It also has a very degraded blade etching "Ottenburg Basel" which is the family cutlery shop in Switzerland where it was sold originally. The 70s is one I carry regularly.
Sorry for the filter, I saved from my FB since I just started using a real puter again.
I guess the small is not available except on those sites we don't name?
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #838 on: March 18, 2022, 11:57:35 PM
Waiting on Yellow, yes I said Yellow scales with Tw. TP. Pin, mini driver and....pen!
Could have got 2 knives for the price of the kit!  Oh well.....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #839 on: March 19, 2022, 03:57:40 PM
 :ahhh :ahhh
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!