Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Updated Leatherman Signal in Tan and BO

us Offline WiSAKfan

Re: Updated Leatherman Signal in Tan and BO
Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 02:17:28 AM
I believe it's a Cabelas exclusive

Eish, that will not be good for us international peoples. I would love to get my hands on one of these. I don't see it on the Cabela's website either at the moment.

Pete
I was wrong. It doesn't say anything about it being exclusive!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LEATHERMAN-COYOTE-SIGNAL/2504230.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dleatherman
It is a Cabela's exclusive...

(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

does this photo show an orange wave for $44.99?

I'm digging the coyote tan models!!

us Offline aluminated

Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 02:31:35 AM
I believe it's a Cabelas exclusive

Eish, that will not be good for us international peoples. I would love to get my hands on one of these. I don't see it on the Cabela's website either at the moment.

Pete
I was wrong. It doesn't say anything about it being exclusive!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LEATHERMAN-COYOTE-SIGNAL/2504230.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dleatherman
It is a Cabela's exclusive...

(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

does this photo show an orange wave for $44.99?

Orange Wave was misplaced. It did not belong there.

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:00 AM

Me too!
Now it's just a question of the rebar or the signal? Both come in coyote tan - the signal is $30 less but doesn't have the bit driver.

EDIT -  Meant to say the Rebar is $30 less!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:47:46 AM by Faddy Daddy »

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 03:16:53 AM

Me too!
Now it's just a question of the rebar or the signal? Both come in coyote tan - the signal is $30 less but doesn't have the bit driver.

The OHT and the style cs are also available in coyote tan to make your choice harder

thanks aluminated for catching that

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 06:36:25 AM
That green one is nice looking too Aloha. Where did it come from if you don't mind?

One thing surprised me a bit, according to leatherman.com is the rebar actually has a longer blade at 2.9" vs 2.73" on the signal. That seems strange as on the rebar the blade has to share with the pliers.

I honestly have no clue where the tool came from.  I got it from my LM dealer ( dude I know ).  Does anyone have any idea?  I looked but my googlefoo is weak.  My guess was a REI or someone exclusive like the Cabela Coyote. 

Wish I had more info. 

This tool was catch and release for my brother from down under. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #35 on: July 03, 2017, 06:55:13 AM
That green one is nice looking too Aloha. Where did it come from if you don't mind?

One thing surprised me a bit, according to leatherman.com is the rebar actually has a longer blade at 2.9" vs 2.73" on the signal. That seems strange as on the rebar the blade has to share with the pliers.

I honestly have no clue where the tool came from.  I got it from my LM dealer ( dude I know ).  Does anyone have any idea?  I looked but my googlefoo is weak.  My guess was a REI or someone exclusive like the Cabela Coyote. 

Wish I had more info. 

My best guess would be it might be a TTC modified tool. I looked on their web page though and didn't see any modified signals but their work looks very similar. Not sure if posting links here is allowed but the business is Texas Toolcrafters.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: July 03, 2017, 07:00:44 AM
We are familiar with TTC.  Links are ok, I'll go look at their site now.  I remember PM101 video posted in this thread saying he didn't hear about a Coyote Signal and just happened to see it at Cablelas.  I'm wondering if this is a similar situation? 

I don't have a REI close anymore. 

I'm sure someone will come along and let us know.  I didn't have the guys full attention as he sells fishing equipment mostly and just told me he held if for me. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #37 on: July 03, 2017, 07:24:52 PM
We are familiar with TTC.  Links are ok, I'll go look at their site now.  I remember PM101 video posted in this thread saying he didn't hear about a Coyote Signal and just happened to see it at Cablelas.  I'm wondering if this is a similar situation? 

I don't have a REI close anymore. 

I'm sure someone will come along and let us know.  I didn't have the guys full attention as he sells fishing equipment mostly and just told me he held if for me.

That would be neat to see them show up at REI.
I'm certainly no expert but that green one - the blade design seems to be more of an overlay, (is it Teflon?), similar to what KAI does with their colored kitchen knives? I think it's different than the Damascus steel TTC uses?
It also fits more in my opinion with the signal being a survival knife. I mean having a topographical overlay vs Damascus steel type pattern. Neat how they look similar though.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: July 03, 2017, 07:31:17 PM
The blade is not Damascus its an overlay/printed topo lines.  Not sure how long it'll last but nice touch.   

The green is awesome looking in person with a matte/military vibe.  The all black tools are a great look as well.  I thought the Coyote was sweet but seeing this in person I think this tickles my fancy more.

I checked again today to see if my googlefoo was any better than yesterday but to no avail.  I have no clue where this tool came from.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #39 on: July 03, 2017, 08:10:07 PM
The blade is not Damascus its an overlay/printed topo lines.  Not sure how long it'll last but nice touch.   

The green is awesome looking in person with a matte/military vibe.  The all black tools are a great look as well.  I thought the Coyote was sweet but seeing this in person I think this tickles my fancy more.

I checked again today to see if my googlefoo was any better than yesterday but to no avail.  I have no clue where this tool came from.   

Well, if you do find out I hope you'll post it. I agree that green really looks awesome with that blades topo design.

Hmm, maybe I can get the Coyote Tan Rebar from Cabelas, and then hold out hope for a green Signal from ??  :drink:

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: July 04, 2017, 12:01:39 AM
Thanks for posting that Aloha.

I agree with most comments, the green looks awesome. I have not seen eithet in person, but black should look very good.

Pete

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 07:01:57 AM

Thanks Mate!!! :D

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #42 on: July 06, 2017, 02:49:33 AM
I contacted Leatherman about the green with topo blade. It is a REI exclusive but when I contacted REI they said they didn't have it in stock. Maybe it hasn't come out yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline italophil

Reply #43 on: July 06, 2017, 04:03:10 AM

The green Signal has 45N 122W stamped into it. That seems to be in the middle of the forest in Oregon, no peak, valley or any thing close by. Does it have any meaning I don't get?

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #44 on: July 06, 2017, 05:08:27 AM
I contacted Leatherman about the green with topo blade. It is a REI exclusive but when I contacted REI they said they didn't have it in stock. Maybe it hasn't come out yet.

Awesome! Thanks for looking into that gadgetman. I will keep my eyes open for one at REI.

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 05:18:14 AM

The green Signal has 45N 122W stamped into it. That seems to be in the middle of the forest in Oregon, no peak, valley or any thing close by. Does it have any meaning I don't get?

As this keeps coming up, one of these days I should drive out there to check it out, I live less than a 2 hour drive to there, but I wouldn't get my hopes up  :whistle:
I'm guessing it's just a convenient number close to Leatherman that's out in the woods. I mean they don't really have room to print the minutes and seconds as well, so just even it out to 45N 122W. Or, maybe they saw bigfoot there, ha ha
We always do like living close to the 45th parallel though, I always point out to my kids when we drive past the sign, yup, exactly half way between the equator and the North Pole!

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 05:40:21 AM
my google powers are failing me for the reference but I thought I remember reading those are the rough coordinates for first geocache?  I'll have to find where I read that....it probably is more likely just the nearest whole degree for the location of the leatherman company

I grabbed a coyote tan signal for cabela's today haven't had a lot time to play with it but the color scheme is  :drool: 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:45:33 AM by WiSAKfan »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:53 AM
my google powers are failing me for the reference but I thought I remember reading those are the rough coordinates for first geocache?  I'll have to find where I read that....it probably is more likely just the nearest whole degree for the location of the leatherman company

I grabbed a coyote tan signal for cabela's today haven't had a lot time to play with it but the color scheme is  :drool:

Yes I've read that too.  I think however it might just be the rough coordinate for LM headquarters. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: July 06, 2017, 07:27:26 AM

Thank you. 
Esse Quam Videri

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 09:04:49 AM

The full coords for the first geocache are 45°17.460′N 122°24.800′W (according to Wikipedia), so both could be correct?  :think:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 07:35:16 PM
PETE look  :ahhh

Green with BO tools and a neat blade.

This is a REI exclusive, I saw it in store today
IMG-0525 - Edited.jpg
* IMG-0525 - Edited.jpg (Filesize: 152.54 KB)

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: July 26, 2017, 07:51:04 AM
That looks very cool!!!

Come on Postman, hurry up!!!

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:39 AM
And it arrived during the week.

It is a beauty. The pictures don't do it justice. The blade design is fantastic, perfect choice for a bush tool. And without the yellow bits, you better remember where you put it down or have a look while it is dropping. It will blend in quickly with the surrounds being green and black.  :D

Enjoy the pics

Pete
IMGP4210.JPG
* IMGP4210.JPG (Filesize: 107.4 KB)
IMGP4215.JPG
* IMGP4215.JPG (Filesize: 130.99 KB)
IMGP4214.JPG
* IMGP4214.JPG (Filesize: 121.74 KB)
IMGP4224.JPG
* IMGP4224.JPG (Filesize: 110.82 KB)

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: August 04, 2017, 10:48:17 AM
And some more with the Original Signal and the MUT
IMGP4231.JPG
* IMGP4231.JPG (Filesize: 124.03 KB)
IMGP4233.JPG
* IMGP4233.JPG (Filesize: 116.77 KB)
IMGP4244.JPG
* IMGP4244.JPG (Filesize: 115.98 KB)
IMGP4246.JPG
* IMGP4246.JPG (Filesize: 121.29 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #54 on: August 04, 2017, 10:57:12 AM
That is just  :drool: :drool: :drool:.

ca Offline JP

Reply #55 on: August 04, 2017, 12:59:06 PM
Pretty sweet

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: August 04, 2017, 01:00:40 PM

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #57 on: August 04, 2017, 02:08:39 PM
Pietervin, where did you get it. I tried to order one from REI but they don't have them on line.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: August 04, 2017, 03:50:13 PM
The Signal really looks like a cousin to the MUT.  Great photos pietervn  :tu:.  The original Signal was ok looking but these coated ones are  :drool:
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: August 05, 2017, 06:17:28 AM
pietervn, where did you get it. I tried to order one from REI but they don't have them on line.

I got mine from a very good friend here on MT.O. There is no other way I would be able to get one in Oz.

It is a VERY good looking tool

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD