Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Terminator Gerber MP700

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Terminator Gerber MP700
on: April 15, 2017, 03:41:31 PM
Hi folks, I am in a dilemma here.
I own both the MP600, MP400, MP800 and MP700 from Gerber.
The MP700 and the Legend are my true favorites of the brand, and I really love them a lot. The MP700 had a spec.ed. from the Terminator 3 movie as you know, and I wondered what could be its current value.

I've been offered one at a tempting price, but it costs more than a Spirit sold by the same person. i already have both tools, but being the MP700 a special edition and a discontinued tool I was thinking it wouldn't be unreasonable to pay for it more than for a like-new Spirit. Whatcha think?

Any idea of how much are they worth today? (I already looked on eBay and sold/previous listings),
Thanks to you all!  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Terminator Gerber MP700
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 12:38:25 AM
The MP700 had a spec.ed. from the Terminator 3 movie as you know, and I wondered what could be its current value.

I've been offered one at a tempting price, but it costs more than a Spirit sold by the same person. i already have both tools, but being the MP700 a special edition and a discontinued tool I was thinking it wouldn't be unreasonable to pay for it more than for a like-new Spirit. Whatcha think?

Any idea of how much are they worth today? (I already looked on eBay and sold/previous listings),

In 2014 I bought a couple new in clamshell.  I paid US$ 44.80 and  $ 70.80 for them.  My best guess for a fair price would be around $ 75 - 90 (higher if there were a couple of collectors chasing it at the same time).  They don't seem to come up for sale that often these days.

I presume you already know about the MP400 and MP600 T3 variants ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Terminator Gerber MP700
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 11:25:23 AM
The MP700 had a spec.ed. from the Terminator 3 movie as you know, and I wondered what could be its current value.

In 2014 I bought a couple new in clamshell.  I paid US$ 44.80 and  $ 70.80 for them.  My best guess for a fair price would be around $ 75 - 90 (higher if there were a couple of collectors chasing it at the same time).  They don't seem to come up for sale that often these days.

I presume you already know about the MP400 and MP600 T3 variants ?

I do know about them, thanks!
But I'm still on the fence with this one....  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%