Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wanted: Gerber MP600 Archer

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Wanted: Gerber MP600 Archer
on: April 16, 2017, 02:28:11 PM
Wanted:  Gerber MP600 Archer.  These have a larger indent ( nock crimper ) on the back side of the pliers where regular MP600s have a normal electrical crimper.

I have Oz and US addresses, can pay or possibly trade for another MT, depending on your preference.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Wanted: Gerber MP600 Archer
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27:27 PM
Do you have a pic?

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 05:55:07 AM
PM sent
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:16:51 AM
Replied.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 06:04:00 PM
Think you could post a picture for use in the multitool wikipedia? I hadn't even heard of this variant before!  :ahhh
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:16 PM
I can upload the pic if g gives permission.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 02:37:22 AM
I can upload the pic if g gives permission.

Go ahead, I'm certain Bob (the pic came from him) won't mind, as he regularly contributes to Mto  :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 09:55:17 AM
archer mp.jpg
* archer mp.jpg (Filesize: 102.64 KB)

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:25:23 AM
Although I must stress I'm not selling, I'm almost certain I've got the Archer in my humble 600 collection. I'll try to find time over the next few days to check. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's still boxed! Never seen the light of day since the day it arrived over 5yrs ago!
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 02:25:07 AM
Although I must stress I'm not selling, I'm almost certain I've got the Archer in my humble 600 collection. I'll try to find time over the next few days to check. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's still boxed! Never seen the light of day since the day it arrived over 5yrs ago!

Could you be tempted with a trade for an MP600 needlenose FPR with grey locking tabs (unused in worn box) ?   :pok:   ;)

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 07:26:32 AM

Could you be tempted with a trade for an MP600 needlenose FPR with grey locking tabs (unused in worn box) ?   :pok:   ;)

I need to certain it is the Archer - I vaguely remember buying a batch of gerbers from a Collector I stumbled on by accident here in the UK. The Archer name rings a bell, and I distinctively remember being less than enthusiastic when it arrived as it did indeed just look like any other mp600.

I'll check if not tonight then certainly tomorrow.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 07:36:56 AM
Quick update

Had a rummage through my Gerber box yesterday. The old boxed models I have wasn't the Archer, but I'm so certain I bought it, as I said when it arrived I was far from overwhelmed. I found a model in an old pouch vaguely similar to the pics above. But I can't be 100% that's the model I'm thinking off.

Also, doesn't the archer have a slightly different tool layout??, isnt one of the internals tools modified in some way for archery??

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 08:12:22 AM
Quick update

Had a rummage through my Gerber box yesterday. The old boxed models I have wasn't the Archer, but I'm so certain I bought it, as I said when it arrived I was far from overwhelmed. I found a model in an old pouch vaguely similar to the pics above. But I can't be 100% that's the model I'm thinking off.

Also, doesn't the archer have a slightly different tool layout??, isnt one of the internals tools modified in some way for archery??

From what I can see on the below site the only real difference was the arrow nock crimper on the back of the pliers.  Looks like it had a combo blade and a remgrit saw, in a camo pouch with bit holder & bits:

https://www.messenshop.nl/gerber-archer-multi-plier600-multitool-etui/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%