Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

.27c Pocket Notebook

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
.27c Pocket Notebook
on: April 27, 2017, 06:47:35 AM
I used to carry these little note books exclusively till I read about other notebooks.  I found what made me change to the others is the binding.  I am not a fan of the spiral metal thing.  I was at Wally World the other day and picked up a few and modded one with the inner strand of paracord.  It rides very nice in my back pocket now.  I will tie the paracord better on the other one.  I don't "need" water proof paper in all honesty since we dont see much rain in my neck of the woods. 

For 27 pennies and 80 pages ( I use both sides ) I feel its a great deal for me. 
IMG_2811.JPG
* IMG_2811.JPG (Filesize: 171.51 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: .27c Pocket Notebook
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:39:28 AM
I use these at work everyday. Go through one a week. Fits my needs well.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

MayaKowalczyk

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 02:32:54 PM
I love different notebooks since childhood. And even now, when I’ve already grown, I continue to use pocket notebooks. My profession requires me to constantly use notebooks, as information is constantly updated and it needs to be saved somewhere. Therefore, I searched for a suitable pocket notebook for a long time, and when I found it, I decided to read about its characteristics, and found it on one of the sites LINK REMOVED (as it turned out, my pocket laptop is in the top ten and most convenient  :o :D).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:15:19 PM by Grant Lamontagne »

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 05:09:33 PM
3x5 notebooks in the x5pk at WalMart FTW :tu: I do carry a 'waterproof' notepad as well. I'm currently using a WeatherMax that I picked up at Lowe's because my Rite In The Rain notepads were delayed. Living in Arizona, there isn't much rain, but when it does rain you are in for a ride. It is also nice when I'm fishing (wet hands, water splashing, fall into the water, etc...). I keep my To Do List type things on the WalMart cheap stuff and my more important stuff on the WeatherMax. At least until it is full and I switch over to the Rite In The Rain notepads.
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:33:24 PM
I'm still using the .27c notepads.  I've removed the wire binding for some applications as well.  I like to have pads nearby so I have a variety that I use.  Moleskine, RITR, Rhodia, and others.  Each pad is used for a specific purpose.  For backpacking use the RITR, for around the house I keep a .27c cheapie in pocket.  My memory is not the best for short term things so I tend to make a note at that time.  I use Moleskine for notes when I'm reading or wanting to later reference something. 

I like notepad holders too.  My Maxpedition is my work one.  I use the RITR pad holder for hikes and camping.  I have a larger note pad holder ( Tactical Taylor ) for my compass practice which I also keep the RITR Student Journal. 
IMG_6029 2.jpg
* IMG_6029 2.jpg (Filesize: 151.51 KB)
IMG_6028.jpg
* IMG_6028.jpg (Filesize: 171.79 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41