Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multi-tools used in Survivorman

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: Multi-tools used in Survivorman
Reply #150 on: December 09, 2017, 02:17:30 AM
Tools spotted so far.

Multi-tools & SAKs
Show content

Knives
Show content

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #151 on: December 09, 2017, 03:53:40 PM
Tools spotted so far.

Multi-tools & SAKs
Show content

Knives
Show content

wow that's quite a list for a single TV program   :o
they have good taste  :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #152 on: January 28, 2018, 07:31:58 AM
I just noticed that the locking tabs on the Wave bite in the handle.
On the Surge, that part is sandwiched between the handle.

Let's check again.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #153 on: January 28, 2018, 04:09:47 PM
I just noticed that the locking tabs on the Wave bite in the handle.
On the Surge, that part is sandwiched between the handle.
(Image removed from quote.)

Let's check again.
(Image removed from quote.)

what an eye you have, RP!!  :o
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Random_Username

Reply #154 on: March 07, 2018, 12:39:25 AM
Very cool thread, RP! Now I need to go back and rewatch this show if I can find the episodes streaming somewhere. Does anybody know if this is on Netflix or Hulu?

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #155 on: March 08, 2018, 04:57:57 AM
They may have full episodes available on the Discovery Science channel website.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #157 on: April 03, 2020, 04:12:14 PM
Just went thru this wonderful thread.  Great job RP  :hatsoff:.

I've always liked Les, I would love to see his personal collection of tools and hear which he likes best. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #158 on: April 12, 2020, 12:29:14 PM

I've always liked Les, I would love to see his personal collection of tools and hear which he likes best.

Better late than never!  :cheers: Thanks so much! :cheers:
I thoroughly enjoyed watching this show. :hatsoff:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #159 on: April 12, 2020, 12:31:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dqOpCEGoY

Les is uploading new content in his channel. How nice of him, and what a pleasure it is to hear him comment on his actions, thoughts, plans, skills, and the situations he came across. If you are a fan of the show, check out his channel.  :cheers:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #160 on: April 12, 2020, 12:41:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dqOpCEGoY

Les is uploading new content in his channel. How nice of him, and what a pleasure it is to hear him comment on his actions, thoughts, plans, skills, and the situations he came across. If you are a fan of the show, check out his channel.  :cheers:

:iagree:

Every day I get a notice of these "new" videos, and I'm really looking forward to them.

Still one of the best "survival" shows out there in my opinion

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #161 on: April 12, 2020, 05:17:21 PM

I went through the whole thread as well...  Turns out, it answered a burning question I had: I guess it was Bear Grylls that used a Vic alox on one of the shows (unless I hallucinated the whole thing)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #162 on: April 12, 2020, 07:43:24 PM

I went through the whole thread as well...  Turns out, it answered a burning question I had: I guess it was Bear Grylls that used a Vic alox on one of the shows (unless I hallucinated the whole thing)
If he ate it, that would be the most plausible one, yes :D

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #163 on: April 20, 2020, 05:47:38 PM
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:55:00 PM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

za Offline Humayd A R Mahomedy

Reply #167 on: May 17, 2020, 02:57:23 PM
pretty cool thread,thank you RP.
i need to start watching this series.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #168 on: June 15, 2020, 09:27:44 AM
Les has been uploading full episodes on his youtube channel! :like:
If you feel like watching any old episodes but couldn't find them, now is the chance. :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzhUBqapT64

za Offline Humayd A R Mahomedy

Reply #169 on: June 19, 2020, 08:51:52 PM
yeah i'm doing that.
there's a bit of Mcgyvering in every episode,which is cool  :D

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: Multi-tools used in Survivorman (Spoilers)
Reply #170 on: February 06, 2021, 02:32:00 AM
Technically there's two more with Logan, but the one in Mongolia does not seem to exist. I can't find it anywhere.  :think:

yay, here it is! :cheers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHd-CcpWAEc

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #171 on: February 16, 2021, 06:36:46 AM
 :ahhh

The Norway Part 1 episode I had was 42 minutes. Les uploaded it on youtube and it is 46 minutes. And guess what. There's multi-tool footage! :ahhh

I have to check what he has uploaded. There might be more!

4x01 - Norwegian Mountain - Part 1

Leatherman Core :multi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geGv5nGudnE

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #172 on: February 17, 2021, 01:56:52 PM
Wait so the YT versions are like director's cuts?! I already liked rewatching this stuff from time to time  :ahhh
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #173 on: July 03, 2021, 09:15:48 PM
I just stumbled across this thread. I love it! I've been rewatching all of the Survivorman episodes now that Les Stroud has posted all of his content on YouTube.
Survivorman was what first made me interested in Leatherman multitools when I saw reruns in the mid-2010s; I especially remember him using the Charge to turn a pop tab into a fishhook in the Amazon.
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

• No Life Club
Reply #174 on: July 06, 2021, 03:29:07 PM
I just stumbled across this thread. I love it! I've been rewatching all of the Survivorman episodes now that Les Stroud has posted all of his content on YouTube.
Survivorman was what first made me interested in Leatherman multitools when I saw reruns in the mid-2010s; I especially remember him using the Charge to turn a pop tab into a fishhook in the Amazon.

I've been rewatching the show for a while now, it's great to throw on in the background or when you're struggling to fall asleep. I found it funny that in one Director's commentary he said 'I used to like the Wave before I made my own multitool' then looking through this thread... You liked plenty of MTs Les  :facepalm:

There was something simpler and... more realistic looking back at him using a SAK, it'd have been nice if he mixed it up  :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #175 on: July 07, 2021, 07:46:24 PM
I've been rewatching the show for a while now, it's great to throw on in the background or when you're struggling to fall asleep. I found it funny that in one Director's commentary he said 'I used to like the Wave before I made my own multitool' then looking through this thread... You liked plenty of MTs Les  :facepalm:

There was something simpler and... more realistic looking back at him using a SAK, it'd have been nice if he mixed it up  :dunno:
I know the director's commentary that you're referring to. I think it was the one for the Plane Crash episode. He says something like "I think that's probably a Leatherman that I'm using there"...when it was in fact a SwissTool.  :oops:
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

• No Life Club
Reply #176 on: July 07, 2021, 08:01:14 PM
I know the director's commentary that you're referring to. I think it was the one for the Plane Crash episode. He says something like "I think that's probably a Leatherman that I'm using there"...when it was in fact a SwissTool.  :oops:

It's a little... disappointing I guess? When someone knowledgeable about this stuff doesn't seem to know much about the gear they use. Rewatching has also lead to the gem of "Do whatever you can to spare your knife, to keep it sharp" - "Personally I like to use the edge of my knife to strike the steel" Come on Les  :rofl:

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #177 on: July 07, 2021, 09:32:42 PM
Yeah, that's my only real pet peeve about Les Stroud. I cringe every time he scrapes a ferro rod with his knife blade. The SwissTool has multiple surfaces suitable for scraping a ferro rod besides the main blade: the saw's spine, the file's edge, the awl's edge, the two wire stripper notches, even the scissors. Ditto the Wave/Charge (the saw spine is even sharper on those, plus the can opener blade and the serrated blade's cutting hook on the Charge), and just about any other multitool.

As for Les not recognizing which tool he's using in a particular episode, it's not as big of a deal to me. He's not a multitool nerd like we are, and he filmed those episodes more than a decade ago. In fact, I give him props for using his own multitool and knife designs in survival situation; it shows that he cares about the quality of the products he put his name on.

Boomer Sooner!

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #178 on: July 07, 2021, 11:41:38 PM
I seem to remember an episode of Survivorman (or was it Man vs Wild??) where an Alox SAK makes an appearance... I also seem to remember a bleeding finger in the frame...?  :think:

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #179 on: July 08, 2021, 04:31:54 AM
I think someone else mentioned that there was a Vic Alox on Man vs. Wild. I certainly don't remember seeing on on Survivorman.

Boomer Sooner!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD