Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool or Freestyle in the Mechanic Resurrection

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
You really don't get much of a chance to see it so I couldn't get a screenshot, but towards the end when Jason Statham is setting up traps for the final battle you see him snap open a blade that looks very much like a Skeletool or Freestyle blade.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline JP

Re: Skeletool or Freestyle in the Mechanic Resurrection
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:42:06 PM
How did you like the movie?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 04:39:43 PM
Well, unless there's a freestyle model/variation with black handle I guess it was a Skeletool, probably the CX (if that's the only Skele with black handles). Gotcha these pics

I didn't really enjoy the movie and liked the previous ones much better. So sad, Statham!  >:(

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:40:46 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:23:55 PM
Also, as a comment, I believe the Skele is one of the most used MTs in modern TV, films and shows. I guess it's because of its looks, but in the last years I spotted it on the movie Oblivion (Tom Cruise), XXX: The return of Xander Cage (Vin Diesel), ...

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 12:00:38 AM
How did you like the movie?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

It was a typical Jason Statham movie- if you like his grunting martial arts fighting, shooting, swimming and driving while being remarkably cool no matter what happens then you'll probably like it too.

But, it could just as easily have been another Transporter sequel, or Parker II, or a spinoff of his character from the Expendables.  They are all largely the same.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline JP

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 01:04:20 AM
Snatch is one of my favourite movies. That and The Princess Bride.

Guy Ritchie was on Joe Rogans podcast last week.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:05:52 AM by JP »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 05:19:17 PM
I just saw the movie yesterday and noticed that Skele blade too. Came here to check and it seems we all have the same keen eye for even a millisecond glimpse of a multitool to catch our attention. :)

I also noticed him tying a clove hitch knot a few seconds after that to rig a granate to a door.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%