Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Compatibility between Leatherman SURGE, CHARGE TTi and REBAR

Offline Medic96

• New User
Hi there,
I have an older (2013) LM SURGE and I want to upgrade it (I'd like to have the REBAR-pliers on it, just like the newer SURGE has).
I'd also like to change the blades (both the serrated one and the flat one) 'cause they're worn out.
After I've seen several WAVEs with the S30V-blade and the serrated blade with the gut hook from the CHARGE TTi, I was wondering if I could put these blades on my older SURGE as well...

Does anyone know if that's possible and if so, where to get the parts? Another issue might be the fact that I'm living in Germany..  :D

Thanks in advance
Medic96

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Welcome to the boards Medic.   :cheers:

The SuperTool 300 plier head will fit into the Original Surge but there will be a small gap between the handles when closed.

The blades you will have to sharpen. Wave and Charge ones won't fit right.

Offline Medic96

• New User
The blades you will have to sharpen. Wave and Charge ones won't fit right.

Would have been too easy, right?  :D

Thanks for the info :)
So, no S30V for my Surge I guess  :-\

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
I've seen some aftermarket ones but they weren't cheap.

Offline Medic96

• New User
Okay...
Would it be an option to get a Charge TTi an modify it?  :think:

I'd definitely like to have the rebar-pliers mostly because of the exchangeable wire cutters. I've seen people putting the rebar head on the charge, but they had to sacrifice the scissors to get the wider head in the charge TTi.

But I also want scissors on my Leatherman... Can I take the scissors from my Surge and replace (e.g.) the fixed saw of the Charge with them? And maybe even put the saw/file holder of the Surge in the Charge (as a replacement for the fixed file)?

Then I would have a Leatherman with the S30V blade, the serrated blade with the hook AND the interchangeable saw/file and also a large pair of scissors  :drool: ::)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
You don't have to ditch the scissors to get the Rebar plier head into a Charge/Wave.

Surge scissors/BE to a Charge/Wave, sorry nope. Can be done but it's a pretty complex job.

For outside opening scissors on a Charge/Wave the easier options are Wingman or Victorinox etc.

00 Offline Aliaksei

...but there will be a small gap between the handles when closed...

This is easy to fix :)
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,89258.0.html

This is wery old topic, but somebody know maybe: are Rebar pliers can be installed in Surge?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
They wouldn't be able to be without work because it is a different size frame :think:

What would be the purpose of swapping them in? Just curious  :cheers:

00 Offline Aliaksei

They wouldn't be able to be without work because it is a different size frame :think:

What would be the purpose of swapping them in? Just curious  :cheers:

My friend wants to change the pliers on his Surge-1. But the last pliers from Surge-2, which were available in our region, I bought for myself  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
The Supertool 300 has the same plier head as the second generation Surge :tu: would be a straight drop in  :cheers:

00 Offline Aliaksei

The Supertool 300 has the same plier head as the second generation Surge :tu: would be a straight drop in  :cheers:

Yea, but it was last-last pliers  ::)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD