Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

No Life Club/ SAK Videos

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: No Life Club/ SAK Videos
Reply #60 on: September 21, 2017, 06:36:03 AM
^ now I need to find a neighbor with hair dryer and be friendly with him/her  :D

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #61 on: September 21, 2017, 11:37:16 AM
Another cool vid M'Lord  :salute: You look like you were struggling a bit with the can opener and the scales there though. Hot water and the small blade is your friend in this case.

I removed some black plus scales for m'dude Mechanickle the other day with hot water and they came off clean as a whistle as we say in the Shires.

Keep 'em coming M'Lord!  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #62 on: September 21, 2017, 05:30:17 PM
Another cool vid M'Lord  :salute: You look like you were struggling a bit with the can opener and the scales there though. Hot water and the small blade is your friend in this case.

I removed some black plus scales for m'dude Mechanickle the other day with hot water and they came off clean as a whistle as we say in the Shires.

I've heard of said hot water method, I'll try it next time. Seems like the small blade could be easier to get in there but if I was twisting that hard with a sturdy boy can opener and still struggling, I think the small blade could get damaged or damage the knife and be potentially dangerous...
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #63 on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:12 PM

I've heard of said hot water method, I'll try it next time. Seems like the small blade could be easier to get in there but if I was twisting that hard with a sturdy boy can opener and still struggling, I think the small blade could get damaged or damage the knife and be potentially dangerous...
The water softens the scales enough to make it easy to flip them off with the small blade. But, if you're happy with your method then that's the best method M'Lord  :salute:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #64 on: September 21, 2017, 08:43:59 PM

The water softens the scales enough to make it easy to flip them off with the small blade. But, if you're happy with your method then that's the best method M'Lord  :salute:

Do you use a thermometer?  I'm a little weary after seeing the anonemous meltdown.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #65 on: September 21, 2017, 09:31:00 PM

One thing I have been guilty of in the past, is pushing the can opener too close to the rivet. You end up prying against the underside of the lip on the bushing, which doesn't get you very far  :facepalm:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #66 on: September 21, 2017, 09:35:49 PM
I think I just did that  :rofl:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #67 on: September 21, 2017, 10:23:48 PM

Do you use a thermometer?  I'm a little weary after seeing the anonemous meltdown.
LOL! I'm not a scientist!  :D Just hand hot is fine

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #68 on: September 21, 2017, 10:28:44 PM
That's what she said     :facepalm:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #69 on: September 22, 2017, 12:55:18 AM

You mean the day I BOILED my SAK in 480F of water for more than a minute?

:rofl:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:58:30 AM by an0nemus »

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: September 22, 2017, 01:01:39 AM
Fianlly! I have ascended to to the rank of no life!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
Send In the spartans

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #71 on: September 22, 2017, 09:57:35 AM
Congrats Spartan!  :cheers: The Chicken and Lard crew will be along shortly to help you 'celebrate'.  :salute:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #72 on: September 22, 2017, 10:10:05 AM
Just checked el post-count... this makes 3999......

What shall be el cuatro milésimo puesto??????   :think:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #73 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:51 AM
 :cheers: Amigo!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #74 on: September 22, 2017, 10:28:47 AM

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: September 22, 2017, 02:48:05 PM

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #76 on: September 22, 2017, 06:09:58 PM

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #78 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:27 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:59 PM
'cause I'm almost due there.

8) 8)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #80 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
I'll know if you didn't!

:rant: :rant:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #81 on: September 22, 2017, 06:41:05 PM
I'll know if you didn't!

:rant: :rant:
Awlready too late.

There's awlways 4114...

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #82 on: November 10, 2017, 06:41:28 PM
Finally a video with some substance:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #83 on: January 23, 2018, 04:07:26 AM
It's been a while since I posted here.  Sir Huntsman scored a sweet Elinox Automobile with the rarest of back layer phillips...  So I made a video while I had it for a hot minute.  It's probably full of mistakes.  :facepalm: :cheers:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: January 23, 2018, 08:42:06 AM
Great video! I never even knew those flat sided phillips drivers existed, least of all the one with a file on it. I had an astronaut with a can key - I think I found the idea of a split down the middle too weird for my liking. It looked odd - and though I am sure it would not have effected the tool's ability to turn a screw it gave the impression of not being as strong as a regular phillips. Like a fool I sold that astronaut, thinking "there's plenty more where that came from..."

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #85 on: January 23, 2018, 03:54:04 PM
Great video! I never even knew those flat sided phillips drivers existed, least of all the one with a file on it. I had an astronaut with a can key - I think I found the idea of a split down the middle too weird for my liking. It looked odd - and though I am sure it would not have effected the tool's ability to turn a screw it gave the impression of not being as strong as a regular phillips. Like a fool I sold that astronaut, thinking "there's plenty more where that came from..."

Thanks, Thunderpants!  Pretty interesting for a non-corkscrew.  Huntsman really scored with that Automobile  :D  There's another Astronaut out there for you, I'm sure of it.   If you're serious I'd be glad to keep my eyes peeled, hunting for SAKs is one of my awl-time favorite activities.   :cheers:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #86 on: March 25, 2019, 01:54:37 AM
It's been a minute since I bumped this thread.

Showing off some 5+ Layer SAKs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%