Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC Fixed Blade

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: EDC Fixed Blade
Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 03:41:01 PM
This might be the first time someone said the Fallkniven F1 is too big
People might not say this often, but the existence of the WM1 proofs that others think like this. :D

I thought WM1 was made more as a female hunting knife

I find that charm and wit are the better armaments for that.
:rofl: good looks and a healthy bank balance help too apparently. :D
Nah, like every problem, it can be solved with duct-tape.

Gentlemen, one should not forget to also set the right bait
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 04:07:10 PM
Well, out of my 6 or 7 EDC fixed blades that I have/had I think the Mora is the smallest, but it is definitely nice, easy and comfortable to carry.
Steel lends itself to be used and easily resharpened, very rust resistant,

sheath is excellent in retention and can be carried IWB or outside the belt, also has a drainage hole and is impervious to the elements. Handle is very ergonomic, weight is barely noticeable, IMO.
I recommend it!

And your other EDC fixed blades are?

most days - small neck knives
-Spyderco ARK
-CRKT Minimalist

whenever in the woods or rural towns - med size belt knives
-Mora Companion
-Cold Steel Roach Belly

on longer trips, far from civilization - large fixed blades
-Spyderco Aqua Salt/Jumpmaster
-Cold Steel Desperado
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 05:37:13 PM
Er... Did anyone mention the Candiru? I just thought of it out of the blue.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 05:47:48 PM
That one popped up when I was looking at other ESEE models. Hard to choose when you cannot hold the Candiru / Izula / Izula 2 in your hands and really compare them. So, still a bit reluctant to dive into a decision.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 09:15:26 PM
That one popped up when I was looking at other ESEE models. Hard to choose when you cannot hold the Candiru / Izula / Izula 2 in your hands and really compare them. So, still a bit reluctant to dive into a decision.

That is the biggest annoyance that came with the growth of online shopping and decline of brick and mortar shops.
I've never fondled a Candiru either, but it does come with a plasticky sheath of some sort, and the (optional) handles look pretty nice. With handles I think I like it more than the Izula, best I can tell from pics. But if you were going to stick skeletal or use a wrap, the Izula wins. Frankly I think they both look pretty sweet, so...  :shrug:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 09:25:54 PM

That is the biggest annoyance that came with the growth of online shopping and decline of brick and mortar shops.
I've never fondled a Candiru either, but it does come with a plasticky sheath of some sort, and the (optional) handles look pretty nice. With handles I think I like it more than the Izula, best I can tell from pics. But if you were going to stick skeletal or use a wrap, the Izula wins. Frankly I think they both look pretty sweet, so...  :shrug:
I saw that. Interestingly enough you can get a white one, maybe one could color it to ones desires.

hr Offline styx

Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 10:01:10 PM
unusual colors seem to sell well for some companies. I remember people wanting to see the Becker Necker in all sorts of colors

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

au Offline ljnoble

• The Land DownUnder
Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 10:06:14 PM
Bark River North star EDC is one of my all time favorite little fixed Blades

Hope it helps :) did have to get a kydec sheath made as I don't really like lather but easy to get done or do your self

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

From The Land DownUnder

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: May 17, 2017, 08:51:48 AM
unusual colors seem to sell well for some companies. I remember people wanting to see the Becker Necker in all sorts of colors
Yeah... Victorinox Alox colors and the Classic series are extremely popular. I get lots of compliments and inquires for my light-blue Benchmade Mini-Griptilian. Still, most knives come in tacticool BLACK, too bad, I like color.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #69 on: May 17, 2017, 08:52:34 AM
Bark River North star EDC is one of my all time favorite little fixed Blades

Hope it helps :) did have to get a kydec sheath made as I don't really like lather but easy to get done or do your self (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks, that is a nice knife :tu:

hr Offline styx

Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43:30 AM
Yeah... Victorinox Alox colors and the Classic series are extremely popular. I get lots of compliments and inquires for my light-blue Benchmade Mini-Griptilian. Still, most knives come in tacticool BLACK, too bad, I like color.

maybe knives wouldn't be perceived as weapons by so many if they had more color. on the other hand since so many see them as such, maybe it is the reason why we try to go low profile on them. feels like an endless loop

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: May 17, 2017, 11:29:02 AM
People might not say this often, but the existence of the WM1 proofs that others think like this. :D

:o
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #72 on: May 17, 2017, 11:36:56 AM

:o
Well, there is a reason this exists, I believe it is called Wedding-Band

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: December 07, 2017, 04:19:56 PM
I got some of the knives suggested... and others

Amsler Scalpel, does not really qualify for this as its blade is to fine and too small. Still a fun little toy.
ESEE Candiru, got this one 2nd hand last weekend, so I have not used it. Love it and I see a Izula II in my future.
RealSteel Hunter 165, I can't really pinpoint it, but that is not my knife. It somehow feels wrong.
CRKT Ruger Neck Knife. I did not really have a chance to test this, but first impressions are good.
Fällkniven WM1. Wow, what a knife. This one I really love, might just be the best knife I have ever used.
Böker Cop Tool. This one I have had for a long time, way to heavy, but a fun tool.
knives_01.jpg
* knives_01.jpg (Filesize: 447.68 KB)
knives_02.jpg
* knives_02.jpg (Filesize: 380.09 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #74 on: December 07, 2017, 09:54:44 PM
At their price I can only dream of Fällknivens. Also goes for Bark Rivers and a few others. I am enjoying testing the Izula though.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: December 07, 2017, 10:25:19 PM
At their price I can only dream of Fällknivens. Also goes for Bark Rivers and a few others. I am enjoying testing the Izula though.
The only reason I don't have them all

yet :P

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: December 07, 2017, 10:27:53 PM
The only reason I don't have them all

yet :P
TBH, I have it really bad for the MC1 (although it would be illegal in Switzerland).

hr Offline styx

Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 09:43:32 AM
I suspect it would also cost an arm and a leg

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 10:31:49 AM
I suspect it would also cost an arm and a leg
No, that when it get to the soft, juicy parts of your body... like your liver or your pancreas.
The MB runs somewhere between 600 and 700$, so the MC1 will be at least as much :-\

hr Offline styx

Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:10 PM
At times like these I'm so thankful for having a large extended family that doesn't like me

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 03:06:41 AM
I bought this Fallkniven Kolt knife recently and have been edc’ing it at work.
Really liking it so far but will probably make a leather neck sheath.
Andrew

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #81 on: December 09, 2017, 06:02:29 AM

I'm liking this CRKT a good bit. Fits easily in the pocket with no headaches, doesn't feel large or annoying.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: December 09, 2017, 03:39:33 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm liking this CRKT a good bit. Fits easily in the pocket with no headaches, doesn't feel large or annoying.

glad you're getting along well, it's a nice looking one IMO   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: December 11, 2017, 02:35:28 PM
these have been carried and used for the last years, mostly as EDC blades in addition to folding knives
They are all very easy to carry and light weight, and I'd recommend them all    :salute:

My toys:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #84 on: December 11, 2017, 02:48:21 PM
these have been carried and used for the last years, mostly as EDC blades in addition to folding knives
They are all very easy to carry and light weight, and I'd recommend them all    :salute:

What's the name of that Cold Steel clip point?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #85 on: December 11, 2017, 04:42:43 PM

What's the name of that Cold Steel clip point?

Cold Steel Bowie Spike, which is part (and my favorite model) of their Spike series.

The other with the black wrapped handle and tail-ball is one of their older Spike models, which used inferior steel and had much simpler design
For a very interesting read on impressions and good thoughts on the Spike (this one Drop Point model, though) I really recommend this thread on the Spyderco forums from some days ago.   :tu:

https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76699

Vivi (forum member there) is a great tester and reviewer   :salute:
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%