Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Are textured translucent red 91mm scales available anywhere?

Offline knifetert

I bought a Traveller Lite locally for a good price. I like it, it has several tools I want: mainly scissors and inline Philips, and the LED light and pen are nice to have. It also has a fancy multi-functional electronic scale. Because of that, it's pretty valuable so I can't really justify holding onto it. I want to sell it and downgrade to a cheaper knife.

The closest things I can find to it are the Explorer (lacks the flashlight) and the Huntsman Lite (adds saw, and extra size & weight). But my Explorer lacks the pen, and they both (if I'm not mistaken about the Huntsman Lite) lack a feature I like from the Traveller Lite: the textured translucent red scales. They give better grip than the ubiquitous smooth plastic scales.

Is there any place I can find non-electronic scales in the same material, and preferably of the "Plus" type that will hold a pen? I see transparent red scales for sale on eBay, and included on some new knives, but they all appear to be smooth plastic.

Or are there any other textured scales available that give good grip, look decent and are cheap? I can't spend a lot, otherwise it isn't worth it over just keeping the Traveller.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Are textured translucent red 91mm scales available anywhere?
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 11:23:03 AM
They don't exist. There are plain nylon scales but those lack the pen.
Custom plus scales (G10?) may be an option?
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%