Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Olight H1R Nova

us Offline 4everYoung

Olight H1R Nova
on: May 22, 2017, 08:34:30 AM
Ive been thinking about a new edc light for a awhile. I work 3rd shift so a good light is a must. My currently edc is a streamlight pro. I've had several of them and they have treated me well. But I've been drawn to the H1R now.
I like the right angle design so I can clip it to a pack or my jacket for hands free use without the headband.
Anyway, looking for any feedback from those that have had a chance to use them. What's your opinion?

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Olight H1R Nova
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:20:10 AM
It's one of the best EDC lights for 2017 and I'm very pleased with it...

It has one firefly mode, 3 power modes, 1 turbo and an SOS mode... click to turn on and long press to cycle through the main modes.

Slight long press for quick access to firefly mode, double click for quick access to the turbo mode (600 lumens I think) and triple click to access the SOS mode.

It comes with a custom RCR123A battery, usb charger cable, headband, pocket clip and a nice pouch.

Despite using a single RCR123A battery, it is quite small for its size. Makes it very pocketable. Here is a size comparison foto compared to an LM Style PS...

There's a magnet in it's tail cap which serves 2 purpose: for charging and for sticking on metal surfaces such as the hood of the car... convenient if you have to do emergency repairs in the dark...

Forgot to mention that it gradually increase light intensity when activating turbo mode... I like this feature as it helps the eyes adjust to brightness... ut does this as well when stepping down to the main modes... It also is comes in neutral white tint which is my preference...

I would definitely recommend it... :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:30:35 AM by jaya_man »

us Offline 4everYoung

Re: Olight H1R Nova
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:44:05 PM

It has one firefly mode, 3 power modes, 1 turbo and an SOS mode... click to turn on and long press to cycle through the main modes.

Slight long press for quick access to firefly mode, double click for quick access to the turbo mode (600 lumens I think) and triple click to access the SOS mode.

It comes with a custom RCR123A battery, usb charger cable, headband, pocket clip and a nice pouch.

Despite using a single RCR123A battery, it is quite small for its size. Makes it very pocketable. Here is a size comparison foto compared to an LM Style PS...
(Image removed from quote.)

There's a magnet in it's tail cap which serves 2 purpose: for charging and for sticking on metal surfaces such as the hood of the car... convenient if you have to do emergency repairs in the dark...

Forgot to mention that it gradually increase light intensity when activating turbo mode... I like this feature as it helps the eyes adjust to brightness... ut does this as well when stepping down to the main modes... It also is comes in neutral white tint which is my preference...

I did not realize just how small it actually is. Have you had any issue with unwanted stuff getting stuck to your magnet?  I was wonder about how that may affect charging.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:45:31 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

I did not realize just how small it actually is. Have you had any issue with unwanted stuff getting stuck to your magnet?  I was wonder about how that may affect charging.
No issues for me so far, as I clip it to a pocket that will not contain metal objects...

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 08:52:49 AM
 :drool:

you can probably remove the magnet, most olights give u the option.

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 01:04:09 AM
Well I pulled the trigger on the H1R today. Also picked up 4 I3E's as well. One for the wife, my mom, my dad, and one for me.
Should be here in a couple days

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:25:49 AM
Well I pulled the trigger on the H1R today. Also picked up 4 I3E's as well. One for the wife, my mom, my dad, and one for me.
Should be here in a couple days

Nice, let us know what u think

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 02:45:26 AM
Well all my lights showed up today.
First thing I notice... wow this thing is small. I mean I new it was not very big, but seeing it in pics just doesn't do it justice.
It's been sunny out all day so I haven't really got a good idea of the amount of broadcast outside. But it will totally light up a room inside.
I'm still getting used to the UI but it's not too complicated.

The turbo setting won't see much use but it's a nice feature to have just in case.

I really like the moonlight mode. I do a lot of writing on white paper at night for my job. Typical led lights reflect horribly off of it. Sometime I use my red lights but it can be harder to navigate.
So I'm looking forward to testing it out.

I'll report back with some pics.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 04:33:00 PM
As I got mine today I'll add a couple of features it has, Moonlight mode (press and hold) 0.5 lumen's and a lockout (longer press and hold, moonlight comes on and then goes off. Repeat to unlock) this also gives a momentary mode as well.  :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD