Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MP400 Owners Club

magentus · 593 · 35349

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
MP400 Owners Club
on: May 24, 2017, 02:32:29 PM
Can't seriously believe that there isn't already one of these on the go, but I can't find one so.........

As a relatively new Gerber owner, I am completely smitten with the MP400. Ok, so Kev spoiled me rotten with a BO model, (and I have a SS 600 on the way from the magnificant Toolslinger), but even a non-BO 400 would have knocked my socks off.

'Beautifully industrial' as The Peacant put it - everything on this baby screams 'Use me'. I love that you can mod it pretty easily and the icing on the cake is the one handed flicky opening.  :ahhh I've put my Spirit away for now and am considering gifting it to my daughter sometime soon.

Celebrate with me MP400 owners - what do you love about yours?
WP_20170524_009 by magpie2112, on Flickr
WP_20170519_016 by magpie2112, on Flickr
WP_20170518_008 by magpie2112, on Flickr
WP_20170517_005 by magpie2112, on Flickr
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: MP400 Owners Club
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:03:00 PM
Thete really wasn't a club for this?  That's surprising :think:

Proud SAKMC member :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 03:03:40 PM
I have one as well, and your loive for it makes me want to carry it more.  Let me see if I have a recent pic.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:04:37 PM
Dang it, I don't have one on this phone (recently upgraded).

K-Tibbs

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:06:08 PM

Do I really have to do this Mo?
 :worthless:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:10 PM

Do I really have to do this Mo?
 :worthless:

:rofl:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 03:09:31 PM
I have a MP 400 and ATM it doesn't have any tools in one handle :whistle: Never have put it back together since the MP challenge  :facepalm: I will try and get some older pics up later :salute: and when I get it back together I will take new pics :tu:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 03:11:37 PM
Just what the flip is going on fella's? No pics, no tools, no MP400 Owners Club thread? Which parallel universe have I stumbled into this time? Next thing you'll be telling me that Mo and Harley aren't happily married and celebrating their 4th baby on the way.  :facepalm:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 03:15:56 PM
Just what the flip is going on fella's? No pics, no tools, no MP400 Owners Club thread? Which parallel universe have I stumbled into this time? Next thing you'll be telling me that Mo and Harley aren't happily married and celebrating their 4th baby on the way.  :facepalm:
Well, I haven't seen or heard from that Harley in months.  I may have to go after child support....

K-Tibbs

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 03:22:34 PM
Well, I haven't seen or heard from that Harley in months.  I may have to go after child support....

:rofl: :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 03:25:36 PM
Well, it's not a Gerber, but hey, at least it's a tool.
Hope this helps Mags.
20170521_135032_1024x1024.jpg
* 20170521_135032_1024x1024.jpg (Filesize: 83.5 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 03:25:54 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. I'm sorry though Mo, if it helps, I don't think you'll be on the market for too long - you're the whole package.  :cheers:

Good luck with the child support too.  :salute:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 03:26:40 PM
Well, it's not a Gerber, but hey, at least it's a tool.
Hope this helps Mags.
Shop Toad always helps Nate.  :salute: At least someone's coming up with the goods.  :cheers:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 03:28:25 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. I'm sorry though Mo, if it helps, I don't think you'll be on the market for too long - you're the whole package.  :cheers:

Is Dmac single?
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 03:29:01 PM
Love the MP400! It's a great urban carry especially when you swap out the knife for a file and go bladeless. Kinda surprised Gerber doesn't sell a bladeless version like the MP600. I read Magentus' recent post on the Spirit vs the MP400 and found myself really interested in the Spirit...so much so I got my GF one to replace her old SOG. Mine is coming soon :)  But even though those two MTs are similar in size, the Gerber still feels beefier. I like that the tools inside the MP400 are the same ones from the full size MP600. Most "compact" versions of MT's feature "compact" tools . This is a hard use tool made with smaller pliers and a slimmer tool selection: live with less but put it to hard use. Also I really like Gerber pliers, they deploy quickly and have great geometry with a comfortable grip. Here's a pic of my MP425 bladeless, it's made up of a cheap MP400 tool I found in great shape on eBay and some spare parts from a MP600. I've also got a standard MP400 which I got new a while back for weekend carry.
IMG_0794.PNG
* IMG_0794.PNG (Filesize: 103.21 KB)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:30:43 PM by ChrisEDC247 »

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 03:31:05 PM
Nice man! Looks good.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:06 PM
 :o We have a post that is back on topic  :think: That can't be right :ahhh

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:28 PM
Love the MP400! It's a great urban carry especially when you swap out the knife for a file and go bladeless. Kinda surprised Gerber doesn't sell a bladeless version like the MP600. I read your recent post on the Spirit vs the MP400 and found myself really interested in the Spirit...so much so I got my GF one to replace her old SOG. Mine is coming soon :)  But even though those two MTs are similar in size, the Gerber still feels beefier. I like that the tools inside the MP400 are the same ones from the full size MP600. Most "compact" versions of MT's feature "compact" tools . This is a hard use tool made with smaller pliers and a slimmer tool selection: live with less but put it to hard use. Also I really like Gerber pliers, they deploy quickly and have great geometry with a comfortable grip. Here's a pic of my MP425 bladeless, it's made up of a cheap MP400 tool I found in great shape on eBay and some spare parts from a MP600. I've also got a standard MP400 which I got new a while back for weekend carry.
Nice post Chris! Pics too, and extra points for including the right tool.  :cheers: See people, it's not that hard (Back off PFRSANTOS  :D )

Looking forward to hearing your views on the Spirit.  :salute:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 03:33:02 PM

Is Dmac single?
I think he's booty calling Mo as we speak. Love is in the air!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

Is Dmac single?

Might have to PM him and find out :tu: :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 03:33:44 PM
Love the MP400! It's a great urban carry especially when you swap out the knife for a file and go bladeless. Kinda surprised Gerber doesn't sell a bladeless version like the MP600. I read your recent post on the Spirit vs the MP400 and found myself really interested in the Spirit...so much so I got my GF one to replace her old SOG. Mine is coming soon :)  But even though those two MTs are similar in size, the Gerber still feels beefier. I like that the tools inside the MP400 are the same ones from the full size MP600. Most "compact" versions of MT's feature "compact" tools . This is a hard use tool made with smaller pliers and a slimmer tool selection: live with less but put it to hard use. Also I really like Gerber pliers, they deploy quickly and have great geometry with a comfortable grip. Here's a pic of my MP425 bladeless, it's made up of a cheap MP400 tool I found in great shape on eBay and some spare parts from a MP600. I've also got a standard MP400 which I got new a while back for weekend carry.
Nice post Chris! Pics too, and extra points for including the right tool.  :cheers: See people, it's not that hard (Back off PFRSANTOS  :D )

Looking forward to hearing your views on the Spirit.  :salute:
Then I will do it. Phasing.

That's what she said.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:02 PM

Is Dmac single?
I think he's booty calling Mo as we speak. Love is in the air!

Beat me 2 it by 15 seconds  :facepalm: :D

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:25 PM

It's this parallel Universe we've ended up in. Got to derail this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:46 PM

That didn't last long.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 03:35:29 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 03:35:55 PM
I just barely got that last post in :o :D

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 03:39:09 PM
If Dmac isn't into it, dks will definitely be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRJZfwDgNTM

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 03:40:38 PM
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 03:41:46 PM
Wow! Derailed twice in under a minute. That has got to be a record.
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 03:42:50 PM
And that's why we haven't had an owners club thread til now. We can't have anything nice.  :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD