Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How many people around you in your daily life carry a MT?

kaput · 36 · 1486

Poll

How many people do you know who actively and daily carry a multitool, (plier based imparticular)?

13 (31%)
6 (14.3%)
2-3
10 (23.8%)
3-5
7 (16.7%)
5-10
2 (4.8%)
10+
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: How many people around you in your daily life carry a MT?
Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 01:53:15 PM
I've met today a guy called Marian that does some of the shipping and transport tasks for our garden.
As we were unloading and meeting each other I spotted  MT sheath on his belt.
I  asked him, showed him my Blacktip that I was carrying and he said "well, mine's not bigger, but I bet is older" and pulled out a very scratched LM PST. Said it was from before he got this job (he's been 14 years doing this, so...)

We couldn't talk much or for long but I'll try to catch him up with a bit more time whenever he comes again.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ph Offline carboncopy101

Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 01:59:23 PM
Most of my colleagues carry leathermans or saks since its handy for our day to day activities. My grandfather carries a big ass blade and i count blades as a multitool. I can say a lot.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 01:52:53 AM
I have given multi tools to a few people, but I think they leave them at home or in their car glove box.  The only person I know who carries a multi tool every day is my brother who carries the Leatherman Micra I sent him.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 02:18:39 AM
My mechatronics instructor carries an Ecoline Tinker, which he got on a trip from Austria with him every day.  The night class instructor, who is actually taking the Level 2 course before going to Germany to get trained to teach it carries a Boker Whittler, and LM Micra. Two of the students (other than myself) carried MTs-one guy who did maintenance for Alcoa before they closed the plant here carried an early PST , another student had a cheapie. Most of us carried a knife of some sort, ranging from cheapies to Cases. The three students, all laid off and retired coal miners I typically hung out with had a Kabar Trapper, Case Medium Stockman, and the third alternated between a Case 62031LHR and a German Kissing Crane Coal Miner edition Sodbuster.  Many had LMs and Gerbers in their collections, but didn't carry them. The three of us often traded and gave knives to each other. A carpenter friend of the family carries an LM Kick, in a sheath apparently made from an old work boot. A friend of my grandfather carries a busted MP600, which he got from a relative in the military.  Most people I know carry a knife of some sort. 

I'm always giving people Classics. The things tend to pile up, as every Ebay lot has at least one or two. I only collect them if they have advertising, especially inlaid metal logos. 

I ended up converting one of the night class Level 1 students who's in the Level 2 program with me to MTs.   He was considering getting one, and I showed him my ST300 that rides in its MOLLE pouch on my pack. While eating out on a class trip, we go to a Rural King  in that same mall close to the restaurant.  First tool he picks up in their sporting goods section is the ST300, which I told him he'd be better off buying used. Currently, he carries a ton of stuff in his pack and keyring. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:20:33 AM by cody6268 »

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 05:19:25 AM
I know a handful of farmers who do. Nobody outside of that, though.

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 06:32:02 AM
Most of my friends who do keep it in their car.    But I've given out about 50 SAKs to friends and acquaintances and have made some/most of them edc converts.  :o :SAKnight:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%