Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Fisherman and Bass Pro knockoff fisherman

mtn · 6 · 1440

Offline mtn

Gerber Fisherman and Bass Pro knockoff fisherman
on: May 25, 2017, 03:16:50 PM
So the deal here is that both of these are listed on eBay. If they sell on eBay, I'll pull them down here, and the same if they sell here.

So I'm asking $115 for the Gerber on eBay. After fees that brings me to about $100. The price for MTO is $95 shipped and I'll make a 10 dollar donation to the forum the next month the giveaway is one I want.
This has been used but still has lots of life left. The very tip of the pliers don't quite meet. There are some scratches on it. There is some minor rust on it. Overall, I'd rate the condition as a 7/10.

The BPS knockoff is $10 shipped for the forum. No donation with this one! This works, but is in rougher condition. Bass Pro Shops fishermans multi tool. Tool has serrated knife, straight knife, can opener, Phillips and flathead screwdrivers, and a file. And most importantly, a specialized elongated needle nose specifically for removing fish hooks.

My research suggests this was either licensed or manufactured by the Fiskers company which also owns Gerber; the tool has been compared to a Gerber Flik Fisherman or Gerber MP400/MP600 Fisherman as a budget alternative. Not nearly as good, but for a specialty tool it does the job.

http://r.ebay.com/fzd9o9
http://r.ebay.com/DAsAqk

BPS knockoff:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:50:22 PM by mtn »

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Gerber Fisherman and Bass Pro knockoff fisherman
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:21:39 PM
Good Luck with your sales.  I think the MP400 Fisherman is even less common than the MP600 fisherman (ie getting to be reasonably rare these days).

That BPS knock-off looks like it is made by the same manufacturer as the Renegade and Winchester Fishing MTs,  and I don't have one with that branding so "I'll Take It" (please).  PM me your PayPal addy and I'll get the funds to you ( I have a US postal address so no problem there)    :)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Offline mtn

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:43:47 PM
BPS knockoff tool sale pending!

Yeah, I priced this one pretty high I feel like--but it is hard to get a good grasp on the value. They just aren't around.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 05:09:30 AM
PayPal payment sent for Bass Pro Shops fishing MT.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Offline mtn

Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 05:44:49 AM
PayPal payment sent for Bass Pro Shops fishing MT.

BPS multi tool sold!

Offline mtn

Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 02:00:27 AM
New price for the Gerber: $80 shipped CONUS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41