Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fortytwos Chainsaw badge request

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Fortytwos Chainsaw badge request
on: May 27, 2017, 12:11:34 PM
So, this picture is getting a month old or so now but since I had trouble finding the request link on my phone at the time I did the work I totally forgot about it. I spent a week at my parents/my summer home in the northern parts of Sweden and since there's woods on three sides of the place there is usually some sort of felling or clearing to do. The picture shows the aftermath of cutting up both two birches and some scraps for firewood. I know little about the saw in question despite probably being mine, but those questions are not always easy (or relevant) in a family.

The saw horse came with the house and is a bit of a weird one since the legs are too far apart for a single cut and too narrow for two.

The safety gear is probably better than what most would use but I really should get a new net for the helmet as well as trousers and boots for this kind of work. Locally there's also a chainsaw licensing programme available that everyone seems to recommend so that's another thing I'm thinking of.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Fortytwos Chainsaw badge request
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 12:15:38 PM
Awarded.   :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 12:15:56 PM
Also, cool pic.   :like:   :like:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 01:59:10 PM
Cool pic and congrats on the badge.
Nate

SEND IT!

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 02:06:01 PM
Thanks guys!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 06:05:53 PM
You definitely should get some chainsaw pants (or chaps - they are cooler in warmer weather) and safety boots.  A good training program will help you use your chainsaw more efficiently and be safer (especially if you are felling any trees - even small ones can be dangerous in some circumstances).  I firmly believe a chainsaw is probably the most dangerous tool the average home handyman will ever have.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 07:06:45 PM
You definitely should get some chainsaw pants (or chaps - they are cooler in warmer weather) and safety boots.  A good training program will help you use your chainsaw more efficiently and be safer (especially if you are felling any trees - even small ones can be dangerous in some circumstances).  I firmly believe a chainsaw is probably the most dangerous tool the average home handyman will ever have.

Indeed, especially since it's often used where there's a long way to hospital!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%